Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 09:10 PM

39,808 posts, read 26,349,321 times

Advertisements

We had a Back the Blue rally in our small town today. Great turnout and a lot of support from the community, and even the tourists in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2020, 09:27 PM

15,689 posts, read 6,393,978 times
Pushing the defund agenda stands to seriously derail the whole protest movement. It's a total overreach. I certainly don't support getting rid of half the police force. I almost feel like it is being pushed by criminal elements, and perhaps the suggestion came from those quarters.

Old 08-02-2020, 01:54 AM

38,610 posts, read 26,263,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Bless the police the only heroes left

Lots of heroes out there.

Old 08-02-2020, 03:36 AM

38,610 posts, read 26,263,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
That's no way to talk about cops.
I'm no fan of police simply because I have had my rights violated by police many times, and this was always accompanied by an arrogant, nonchalant who's-gonna-stop-me attitude on the part of the cop.

I don't buy that it's a couple "bad cops" because every time this happened the other cops present were either in on it or obviously didn't care.

I've also been through the legal system and witnessed first-hand that it sends innocent people to jail simply because they are financially unable to prove their innocence.

It's good that we address police excess and misconduct, but I have my doubts that anything will be resolved or corrected.

First, the law-enforcement profession attracts a sort of individual that, for whatever reason, desperately needs authority, i.e, the power to take another person's freedom at will.

It's like Boy Scouts or the priesthood attracting pedophiles.

When you create a place and a circumstance for damaged people to act out, they'll come and they'll do the sorts of things that damaged people do.

I don't know how you change that.

Second, that so many different groups have attached their fringe demands to something we should otherwise all agree on, pretty much dooms any chances that the real problem of police excess will ever be addressed with any sort of unity.

Blacks want it to be about race and racism, and to a certain degree it is, but police misconduct isn't limited to black people.

Marxist, anarchist and the LGBTQ crowd have all jumped on the BLM trolley car, each with their own issues and their own demands, this alienates people so much that you end up giving leverage back to the people that don't want to do anything about police misconduct.

Having said all that, at the end of the day, we still need police.

Not everyone is going to obey the laws just because it's the right thing to do.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:31 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,651,616 times
people cheering on their own stupidity, how embarrassing for these liberal hellholes.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:41 AM

11,164 posts, read 10,935,569 times
Do liberals ever watch themselves in these videos and think "Damn, this makes me look stupid as chit"?

Well, they need to, because it does.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:51 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,473,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We had a Back the Blue rally in our small town today. Great turnout and a lot of support from the community, and even the tourists in town.
Unfortunately there are so many citizens that equate patriotism with obedience/compliance...Ive never understood this.

Old 08-06-2020, 12:54 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,803,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Do liberals ever watch themselves in these videos and think "Damn, this makes me look stupid as chit"?
Do men ever watch themselves in videos of most of the rioting and looting and think, "Damn, this makes me look stupid as chit"?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 08-06-2020 at 01:16 PM..

Old 08-06-2020, 03:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,501,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If it happened in Chitcago, I would expect the same to happen in even bluer, and more out of control Seattle.
Another cop shot yesterday in Chicago. And 3 people shot on Oak Street in the Gold Coast.

Police departments across the country badly need reform but these mental midgets aren't helping the cause.

Did the pro-cop group take a page from BLM and chant, 'Back the blue or we'll back over you'?

Old 08-06-2020, 04:20 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,205,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Today there was a Backing the blue rally in Seattle, WA

I thought this counter-protestor was hilarious!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1289627000475328512

and these leftist counter-protesters

https://twitter.com/i/status/1289633571100008448

If you need to see the reality of some of the people showing up at these events-- who are against protecting police officers, watch these short videos.
Addressing that first video, I wonder where the guy received the information on his intelligence in order to extrapolate his standing in intelligence with regard to the general populace. A lot of people on the left don't believe in the validity of IQ test, so I'm just curious how he would come to this conclusion, unless he is one of the ones that believe in the validity of IQ tests. If he is one of the few, someone should alert his comrades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies