Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 06:18 AM

59,037 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yea that's what it was, a ban on something not being used.

the new plan takes effect immediately and fully rolls back an Obama administration executive order that blocked armored vehicles, large-caliber weapons, ammunition and other heavy equipment from being re-purposed from foreign battlefields to America's streets.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ces/606065001/

After the Justice Department concluded that the use of military-style equipment made matters worse in Ferguson, President Obama put some equipment off limits — including tracked armored vehicles, bayonets, and grenade launchers — and required a showing of need for tactical vehicles with wheels.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...police-n796581
"After the Justice Department concluded that the use of military-style equipment made matters worse in Ferguson"

A little FACT you failed to mention, OBAMA'S Justice Department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
No doubt. 15 unarmed blacks were killed by police last year. Most were attacking the cop. Yet in 1 month more blacks kill other blacks in Chicago than that.
BLM lacks substance and doesn't care about blacks or the truth.
"15 unarmed blacks were killed by police last year. Most were attacking the cop."

Worth repeating and emphasizing!

Old 08-03-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
yes and also agree with the poster above who talked about holding down a person when they are freaking out from drugs.

I was once a security guard for one of the gay community's parties, so they had a bunch of us watching over things, they knew there was going to be potential drug overdoses.

So i actually witnessed one man who was so violent from a drug cocktail (not sure which drugs) well this person was being held down on a table, and he all of a sudden shot up and knocked out the light bulb above him. Wow, that shocked me watching that. 4 strong men were holding down this one average body man and wow.. it was eye opening.
In "Nam" I saw men shot multiple times and nerver slowed down because they we so drugged up. We called them the "running dead". They wear dead and didn't know it. just like cutting a chickens head off and the chicken keeps running.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"After the Justice Department concluded that the use of military-style equipment made matters worse in Ferguson"

A little FACT you failed to mention, OBAMA'S Justice Department.
Why would I need to mention it? Obama gave the order so of course it came under his watch and he had the backing.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 08-03-2020 at 08:31 AM..

Old 08-03-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
In "Nam" I saw men shot multiple times and nerver slowed down because they we so drugged up. We called them the "running dead". They wear dead and didn't know it. just like cutting a chickens head off and the chicken keeps running.
I was told the use of a different bullet helped. You didn't want to fire a bullet that went through, you used a bullet that tumbled. I'm pretty sure he was speaking about Vietnam too, dunno for sure.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:27 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
I think it might be against the TOS for dead people to post...just saying.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:29 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
"Police officers in the central Arkansas city of Conway have been cleared of wrongdoing in connection with the death of a man who was in custody.

The case has drawn attention because during his arrest, Lionel Morris told officers he could not breathe and three officers each used a foot to restrain him while he was on the ground.

Morris can be heard on video screaming, "Help me, please. My heart. Call the ambulance." He is heard telling the officers multiple times that he couldn't breathe.
At one point after Morris' plea for help, an officer can be heard yelling "I'll break your f****** wrist."
While Morris is restrained face down on the ground, one officer can be seen with a foot on his leg, another officer had a foot on his buttocks, and a third officer had a foot on his back.
Morris was eventually rolled into a recovery position as he continued to say that he couldn't breathe, authorities said."

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/ma...rce=whatfinger

The case has drawn attention ????
On what planet is all this attention? Mars? Because here on earth it hasn't gotten much.
All of us white folks need immediate "reparations" for this.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I think it might be against the TOS for dead people to post...just saying.
It was funny the first time.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/58802637-post3.html

Old 08-03-2020, 08:54 AM

78,394 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Civil rights are everybody's rights.

Some cases attract more attention than others for a variety of reasons, the point being that while the groups name is BLM, some of their sought reforms are for the benefit of everyone. (some of their other reforms are wacky. )

I mean, gee...if I were to start a campaign to stop texting and driving by youths and targeted young white women (a major victim group), they're not the only ones that would benefit from the initiative even though they're the most impacted.

Old 08-04-2020, 05:17 AM

Quote:
I was told the use of a different bullet helped. You didn't want to fire a bullet that went through, you used a bullet that tumbled. I'm pretty sure he was speaking about Vietnam too, dunno for sure.
"I was told the use of a different bullet helped" NOPE. The mind was dead, therefore NOTHING that happened to the body registered.

"I'm pretty sure he was speaking about Vietnam too, dunno for sure" Instead of guessing, why don't you just ASK him outright?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies