Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 02:39 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
There is some confusion in twitter. " He is black" vs "He is not black". Not sure how basic facts are not getting across. Now if the guy happens to be part black I understand but if it ends up being he is fully white or fully black I am going to be very cautious on reading anything on twitter.

Perhaps I should be cautious now anyways.

So I guess they have to figure out if he's black or not before they start rioting......

Good to err on the side of caution.

The statues and property of innocent people can wait to be destroyed.....no rush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 05:12 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
Lionel Morris was a black man.
<OP seen slinking away>

Old 08-02-2020, 07:05 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The technique used against George Floyd is expressly prohibited in many jurisdictions and not taught in police training. It is taught to new officers by rogue veteran police officers operating on their own. It should not be used and any officer that uses it should be disciplined or fired. It should be illegal.

Regardless of the race of the individual, the point remains...
When it comes to police wrongdoing, white citizens seem passive and complacent. There is a general assumption that the police are in the right and any person in police custody probably is a perpetrator and gets what they deserve. Whites don't have the same experience as minorities. In my town there had to be 27 police-involved killings over a relatively short time and a final straw unjustified death that finally got people riled up. Ownership of the justice system resides and is embraced by the majority White population so it is harder to see or accept faults, so there are fewer complaints. Minorities have a more complicated relationship with the justice system (and it generally falls short of ownership) but there are high expectations of equal treatment under the law and vocal complaints when it is perceived as unequal or abusive. Whites should be more questioning and vigilant and more vocal when there are police abuses.
Considering what Floyd did to people he deserved no mercy

Old 08-02-2020, 07:10 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"Police officers in the central Arkansas city of Conway have been cleared of wrongdoing in connection with the death of a man who was in custody.

The case has drawn attention because during his arrest, Lionel Morris told officers he could not breathe and three officers each used a foot to restrain him while he was on the ground.

Morris can be heard on video screaming, "Help me, please. My heart. Call the ambulance." He is heard telling the officers multiple times that he couldn't breathe.
At one point after Morris' plea for help, an officer can be heard yelling "I'll break your f****** wrist."
While Morris is restrained face down on the ground, one officer can be seen with a foot on his leg, another officer had a foot on his buttocks, and a third officer had a foot on his back.
Morris was eventually rolled into a recovery position as he continued to say that he couldn't breathe, authorities said."

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/ma...rce=whatfinger

The case has drawn attention ????
On what planet is all this attention? Mars? Because here on earth it hasn't gotten much.
If the facts are as claimed, why hasn’t it gotten more attention?
Where is his family? Where are his friends? His colleagues?
How about you, OP?
Have you contacted the press to demand more coverage?

Old 08-02-2020, 07:12 AM

8,755 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Considering what Floyd did to people he deserved no mercy
George was not a good guy in life.....but in death, he is a saint

Old 08-02-2020, 07:12 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"Police officers in the central Arkansas city of Conway have been cleared of wrongdoing in connection with the death of a man who was in custody.

The case has drawn attention because during his arrest, Lionel Morris told officers he could not breathe and three officers each used a foot to restrain him while he was on the ground.

Morris can be heard on video screaming, "Help me, please. My heart. Call the ambulance." He is heard telling the officers multiple times that he couldn't breathe.
At one point after Morris' plea for help, an officer can be heard yelling "I'll break your f****** wrist."
While Morris is restrained face down on the ground, one officer can be seen with a foot on his leg, another officer had a foot on his buttocks, and a third officer had a foot on his back.
Morris was eventually rolled into a recovery position as he continued to say that he couldn't breathe, authorities said."

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/ma...rce=whatfinger

The case has drawn attention ????
On what planet is all this attention? Mars? Because here on earth it hasn't gotten much.
His killer wasn't looking directly into a camera as he slowly drained the life out of another, that is the whole key to George Floyd.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:32 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
George was not a good guy in life.....but in death, he is a saint
Amazing how that happens isnt it lol

Old 08-02-2020, 07:37 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,592 posts, read 17,927,273 times
This tells a VERY graphic story, of how incredibly difficult it was to restrain this man. At one point, according to the spokesperson, Morris was on top of an officer and had the officer in a chokehold. At another point Morris reached for the officer's knife that was in his belt. Morris was tased "several times" in an attempt to gain compliance.

All the cops were wearing body cams.

I would bet the autopsy revealed some kind of drug use, and that may have contributed to his death.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/conway...in-supermarket

Old 08-02-2020, 07:59 AM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
Lionel Morris was a black man.
More proof that these right wingers are "colorblind".... just like they say they are.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:45 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
He was placed into the "recovery position" while he was still breathing. When first responders (fire dept) showed up, he was still breathing, in the recovery position and they were allowed to assess/treat him right away.

So, not at all like George Floyd's case, in fact.

Pretty weak effort, honestly. 3 out of 10. Be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies