Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 07:33 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times

Advertisements

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...eduardo-rodrig

Quote:
When young and healthy doesn’t matter

Eduardo Rodríguez should be in his peak years with the Boston Red Sox. Instead their promising young starter is sidelined thanks to a heart condition brought upon by catching the coronavirus.

Eduardo Rodríguez used the last two seasons to become a major cog in the Boston Red Sox’s starting rotation. The plan was for 2020 to continue much the same for the 27-year-old native of Valencia, Venezuela. Instead, Rodríguez finds himself sidelined for the foreseeable future thanks to complications from a virus that no one expected. The young and healthy Rodríguez contracted the coronavirus and developed myocarditis as a result. Now, not only is it likely his 2020 is gone but the rest of his career may be altered thanks to his new heart condition.
Quote:
Rodríguez had world class health and fitness options at his disposal before he contracted coronavirus, and he has had world class treatment following his diagnosis. Yet this young and healthy athlete with all kinds of world-class help finds his career in peril thanks to coronavirus. This is the side of COVID-19 that most people don’t seem to understand or want to understand. Arguments about death rates are common, but there’s not much discussion of the possible long term effects of contracting coronavirus.

Oh but it only affects old and sick people right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 07:43 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
He probably had a congenital heart issue.

Plenty of younger people have undiagnosed issues like that which may not manifest until later or unless triggered by a serious illness.

But yes, there is plenty of evidence at this point that covid has the potential to affect younger people in a myriad of negative ways.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:48 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,330 times
Quote:

[/b]

It’s hurts my brain the idiocy surrounding this dangerous virus.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:53 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:

[/b]

What's your point?

If the entire world shut down this 1 person wouldn't have myocarditis?

Well, that's reasonable ... /faceplant/

People get sick for all different reasons. Not sure if you knew that, but there it is. Tip from me to you.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:57 AM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What's your point?

People get sick for all different reasons. Not sure if you knew that, but there it is. Tip from me to you.
I think the point is that young people would be better off trying to avoid contracting this and spreading it to others. Just like the point has always been.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:59 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
I just saw that he's out for the season. Very sad. I hope he is able to make a full recovery. The reports of heart damage in people who've had Covid is troubling.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:02 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I think the point is that young people would be better off trying to avoid contracting this and spreading it to others. Just like the point has always been.
Right. Shut down the country, I already said that.

Which is idiotic. We are 8-10 months into a 'pandemic.'

Shutting it down and mask wearing are the equivalent of wearing a condom at a baby shower.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:07 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What's your point?

It isn't just one person. Myocarditis is a known complication of covid-19. Just a reminder the young and healthy are not immune.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:34 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Not to minimize it, but it is somewhat misleading to call myocarditis "heart disease". Heart inflammation would be more accurate because that's what myocarditis is.

According to WebMD,
Quote:
Myocarditis often has no symptoms. In fact, most people recover and never even know they had it.
https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/myocarditis#1

"Heart disease" typically connotes coronary artery disease - arteriosclerosis....that can cause a heart attack. And an inflamed heart is not a "damaged" heart.

I don't know his case and I'm most definitely not a doctor. But from what I've read, there's no reason to assume that his career is over.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:41 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Maybe he developed the condition by not standing for the National Anthem !!!
Has that been disproven ? We should eliminate all possibilities before coming to a conclusion !!!
This China virus acts in unexpected ways is what we are finding out !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies