Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 04:49 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Okay #1- why do any sports teams get 'tax breaks'. Screw that. NO! Don't screw that! The Republican legislator should keep his damned mouth shut, because bribing with tax breaks and enhancing the arena paid for with tax dollars was the only way a pro basketball team was going to be willing to set up in such a highly undesirable state to live in as in Oklahoma. Oklahoma City has already suffered enough of an economic blow from Thunder being unable to play.
All seven of the Thunder owners are from Oklahoma and have lived here all their lives. The two other guys that used to be owners were Oklahomans as well. They weren't bribed to come here.

These guys are some of the most powerful people in the state.

Good luck to some grandstanding peon right wing nut state legislator going against that bunch. And like I said, those guys are conservatives. But they won't go against the players and coaches because they know that if they have a good team people might still come to watch them play. But if they have a lousy team (by alienating the players and coaches) then they for sure won't have anybody show up at their games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 04:54 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
#3- an NBA player, Jonathan Isaac responded, quite eloquently and the state congressman should take note-

The republicans (you know- the 'religious' party or so they say) should take heed of the gospels they so preach but fail to act on. This player has it right. Sad that the party loyalists who claim to be on the side of God, don't.
The player said "All lives are supported through the Gospel". Why is he not being slammed by BLM? Is that not the same as "All lives matter"?

Old 08-02-2020, 05:52 PM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The player said "All lives are supported through the Gospel". Why is he not being slammed by BLM? Is that not the same as "All lives matter"?
He might be- I don't know. But he's right, if you follow scripture from the Gospels. There wouldn't be animus towards anyone.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:59 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
He might be- I don't know. But he's right, if you follow scripture from the Gospels. There wouldn't be animus towards anyone.
I agree, but I guarantee you that BLM cares nothing about Christians or the Bible, yet every black player is supporting their far-left hateful Marxist agenda, whether they know it or not. Like I said before, BLM is all about the exploitation of black people. Many blacks have deep Christian faith. For this reason alone I cannot understand why so many back the democrat party and groups like BLM, unless they are brainwashed of course.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:49 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
KC has never supported an NBA team. Pro basketball is just not that popular there. College basketball rules that area.
The Sacramento kings were the Kansas City Kings until 1985. a little research doesnt hurt.

Any team that is moving in the NBA isnt going to want to build from the ground up, and that arena is only 13 years old.

The point I was making was that the Seattle Supersonics left over tax breaks/arena issues and that is how OKC got a team in the first place.

Old 08-03-2020, 06:11 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Pro sports need to pick one:

Be a monopoly and be regulated like one.
or
Not be a monopoly and be forced to open up like competitive business.

Free stadiums and tax breaks should be illegal per se.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies