Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 10:53 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
What use does the US have for former rulers that we shelter?
They bring great quantities of money.

Indications are that Trump is being subsidized by Russian money. Why would they continue doing this when he is no longer POTUS and, because of increased scrutiny, no longer able to launder Russian money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 10:56 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Trump approval among Likely Voters hit 51% today. Rasmussen has recorded a steady increase in approval for the last week or so.
But that's not the question. The question is, "what would I do?"

I would meet with the RNC and tell them I am no longer interested. Using rules in place and soliciting Mike Pence's agreement, I would see if there is a way to give the nomination to Nikki Haley.
I think she's the best person for the job, but I don't know what the RNC rules are in cases like this. It IS up to the RNC - it's their club, they can run it any way they want.
I would use the current uptick in popularity among likely voters (they are the only group that counts) as an exit strategy and try to sell the idea that I am leaving on a high note.
Humm, that might be complicated if that happens in the last few weeks before the election when the ballots are not only printed but many cast. The formal selection is made by electors on the first Monday after the second Wednesday of December. I don't think Trump votes can be assigned to another candidate when voting has commenced unless the ballot designated "the Republican candidate for President". A similar issue would arise if either candidate died during that period.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:31 AM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Would you exit stage right (or left) or run out the calendar?
Knowing Trump as we all do, now, we know he loves creating division, chaos, and conflict and he loves to blame people for his failures as a way of defining himself as a winner. If he can't win the game by the rules, and he can't change the rules to his favor, he changes the game. His election problem (one of them) is that there are very few venues or opportunities for his Trump-con performances. There is talk of not even holding debates. The question remains: Does he really want the job? It almost doesn't seem like it or else he is getting horrible advice. Once he knows that he will lose the election he would certainly blame his diminishing base and he would blame the GOP, big time, for not supporting him as he so rightly deserves. Once he is the official GOP nominee of what is left of the convention and with his name on the ballots -- I suspect he will withdraw, leaving the GOP without a candidate. That would throw the GOP into the toilet and totally screw up the election -- which is already rigged against him in his own mind. He is not really a Republican or even a conservative so he has no love for the GOP. He could probably convince himself that his historical legacy would be best assured as the one who destroyed the thankless GOP. That would be his surrogate win.

The GOP should require that he post a bond as insurance for the nomination that is so high that it would break the Trump brand if he withdraws. He still might not pay up.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:32 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
I would be worried that I had as much dementia as Joe Biden.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:33 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Indications are that Trump is being subsidized by Russian money.
The usual far-left accusations.

The usual complete lack of references, links, or truth.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:34 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Hire a lawyer.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:34 AM

13,073 posts, read 7,515,583 times
DJT and various shell companies are already skimming. This "skimming"is at the heart of his tax.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
I'd blame Russia

Old 08-03-2020, 11:44 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
I can't accurately answer that question because I'm not as psychologically damaged as he is, so my response would probably be more rational.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:53 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Hire a lawyer.
Joe Biden has already hired 1600 lawyers to try to cheat his way to winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies