Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 05:24 PM

56 posts, read 15,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003
I'm for universal vaccinations, even MANDATORY vaccination to prevent crazy anti-vaxers from preventing herd immunity
Maybe you dont mind posion being injected into you but most of us DO NOT WANT IT!!

Old 08-03-2020, 05:39 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Exactly.

I'm not feeling this at all. They're making a rushed vaccine, then they're basically almost enforcing everyone to take it, whereas it has not been fully tested and vetted and if something does happen, they aren't on the hook?

I'm not willing to take that risk with me or my family. That sounds like some crazy mess.

Why the rush for the vaccine? If it won't be proven to work, why are they rushing it out?

It doesn't make any sense.
I don't get flu shots and I'm not in a hurry to get this. I'm really surprised people put as much faith into the FDA and Big Pharma as they are. Apparently they haven't done much reading on the topic.

And isn't it ironic that like most drugs we take - this will come from China?

Old 08-03-2020, 05:55 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I'm for universal vaccinations, even MANDATORY vaccination to prevent crazy anti-vaxers from preventing herd immunity

This seems totally illogical.

If you want to take the risk with the vaccine, I support your right to do so.

Why don't you support my right to refuse the vaccine if I choose to do so? After all, if you are vaccinated you can't catch it from anyone that isn't vaccinated, right?

So the whole "herd immunity" argument there is a red herring.

Or is the "MANDATORY" part of that what really excites you?

CN

Old 08-03-2020, 06:21 PM

5,039 posts, read 2,251,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you really find vaccination so onerous you find a way. Right now those people are being forced to home school all right - by the virus.
First off, it’s remote learning, which bears nearly zero resemblance to homeschooling. And parents were forced into it by the government mandating that schools closed.

Old 08-03-2020, 06:32 PM

37,030 posts, read 41,087,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't get flu shots and I'm not in a hurry to get this. I'm really surprised people put as much faith into the FDA and Big Pharma as they are. Apparently they haven't done much reading on the topic.

And isn't it ironic that like most drugs we take - this will come from China?
China is making vaccine, but so are other countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
This seems totally illogical.

If you want to take the risk with the vaccine, I support your right to do so.

Why don't you support my right to refuse the vaccine if I choose to do so? After all, if you are vaccinated you can't catch it from anyone that isn't vaccinated, right?

So the whole "herd immunity" argument there is a red herring.

Or is the "MANDATORY" part of that what really excites you?
No vaccine is 100% effective, and if you succeed in convincing other people not to take it there will be no herd immunity. If enough people do take it - accepting whatever risks there may be - you can leech off of herd immunity and be protected without vaccinating. That may come with some consequences, though, including having to home school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
First off, it’s remote learning, which bears nearly zero resemblance to homeschooling. And parents were forced into it by the government mandating that schools closed.
Parse it how you wish. It is still learning at home, and you do have the option of more traditional home schooling.

Yep. The virus forced the government to mandate that schools be closed.

Old 08-03-2020, 06:33 PM

30,290 posts, read 21,058,085 times
I'm not taking any shot dot.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:32 PM

56 posts, read 15,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression
....Or is the "MANDATORY" part of that what really excites you?
If they try this alot of people will fight.... We thought they were gonna do this in 2009 which thankfully they did not!!

I dont think they want a blood bath on thier hands.....

Old 08-03-2020, 09:37 PM

7,754 posts, read 6,334,569 times
Ask the folks in the graveyard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.