Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 01:26 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

No I would not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 01:26 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
Trump was a Democrat for many years heck he invited crooked Hillary to his weddings and donated to many Dems.
Trump tried to ingratiate himself with the New York inner circle and was repeatedly rebuffed, mostly because he has the social graces of a warthog in heat.

For all of the DNC's failings - and there are so, so many - I'll grant them that they would not have nominated someone like Trump.

Old 08-03-2020, 01:27 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
R or D is wouldn't make a difference. I don't vote for a party, I vote for a person.

Last election I really liked Kasich and was sad when he bowed out. I ended up voting for McMullin because I didn't like Trump or Clinton and even though I knew McMullin would lose, I could live with myself for voting for him because I thought he would be a good man for the job even though I had a difference of opinion with some of his political stances. If I voted for Clinton and she turned out to be horrible, I would be mad myself. If I voted for Trump and he turned out the way he did, I would be mad at myself.

Last edited by TMBGBlueCanary; 08-03-2020 at 02:02 PM..

Old 08-03-2020, 01:32 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
I do not let political party get in the way of what I think is the better candidate. It was obvious Trump was not qualified from the start. He does not know how to govern and does not want to learn. He is no leader. He will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the worst Presidents the USA has ever had.

Old 08-03-2020, 01:34 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
No way...because no Democrat would be so Anti-Immigrant...no Democrat would campaign on pulling us from the Paris climate accords or would be so Anti-science...No Democrat would have put forth so many terrible judges...

So no, if he had a D next to his name, I still wouldn't vote for him.
Trump is absolutely not anti-immigrant or even anti-illegal immigration. He just pretends he is to pick up votes. Two out of his three wives are immigrants and wife #3 was illegal when he first met her. He used his his influence and money to illegally get her a genius visa and now he has chain migrated her parents into the US. He used illegals on his building projects and his resort properties from the beginning up until after he became president of the US.

Are those the actions of someone who's fundamentally anti-immigrant?

Trump doesn't care about either party and he's not at all patriotic. He just loves money and adulation and will do whatever he can think of to get more of either of those two. And he scorns everybody who is not rich and powerful so he looks down on his followers.

Old 08-03-2020, 01:40 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I loathe Ted Cruz, but even he would have been a thousand times better than Trump. He would have had the ability to be a statesman on the world stage. He has the capacity to understand government and how it works. I would probably disagree with everything he did but at least we would have someone sane in the seat.

In fact, I am hard pressed to think of anyone who wouldn't have been better than Trump.

Well, maybe Sarah Palin.

Those Republicans sure can pick 'em.
I think Sarah Palin could do a better job than Trump. For one thing she at least was a governor. She also could see Russia from her house on a clear day so she would NOT be Putin's stooge. She winks alot so Democratic men would swoon . Also she knows how to take a joke.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Would you have voted for Trump if he was Democrat?
No, most likely I would have voted either for 3rd party (which I did), or the Republican candidate depending who he/she was. I would have voted for Rand Paul, Rubio or Kasich.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:17 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I would have voted for the very likable Trump no matter what party he came from, even if he were a space alien who just landed on earth,

I would and WILL vote for the BEST President in 50 years!
Conversely, I'd vote for Satan before voting for ConDon - as he was known back in 1970's NYC. There were plenty of reasons why he was called ConDon back then. And he's still pulling the "proverbial wool" over some of the people, all of the time.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:19 PM

1,169 posts, read 751,079 times
I wouldn't have voted for him if he were my uncle whichever party he professes to belong to. There's political beliefs and there's personal qualities. I can stomach his political beliefs that he pretends to have, or at least most of them.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:24 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Yes, because I vote for policies. Not team names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies