Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the president change the election date?
Yes, it's ok this time. 5 7.25%
No, period. 64 92.75%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 06:08 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
was not this exact question already posed?

Yes it was....

Now, if there can be riots...err......protests, tell us (not directed at you BoBromhal) why there cannot be a "show up" and elections?

I know I know.....OFFFFFFFF TOPIC................

Old 08-04-2020, 03:57 AM

186 posts, read 67,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes it was....

Now, if there can be riots...err......protests, tell us (not directed at you BoBromhal) why there cannot be a "show up" and elections?

I know I know.....OFFFFFFFF TOPIC................
In person voting is not being removed. Mail in ballots allow more citizens, no matter their party affiliation to cast their vote. You seem to be confused due to Donald's Trumpian conflation campaign tactics.

Have you fallen prey to Trump's appalling and reprehensible campaign strategy to suppress the vote and undermine the elections with all his autocratic remarks and evidence free accusations? You do recall that it was the president who made the shocking, clearly rejected and widely rebuked undemocratic suggestion of moving the election?

Old 08-04-2020, 04:24 AM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Response:

A series of Tests were conducted by mail in voting.
In one test 100 letters were mailed out. 3 were lost.

3% is a substantial number in any race that is close.

A president will not be elected until every vote is counted.
If this means extending the term in office than so be it.......................

Old 08-04-2020, 05:08 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
The Trump administration is not trying to change the date.

Quote:
White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows confirmed this year’s presidential election will take place as planned on November 3. He made the announcement during an interview on Sunday.

Meadows suggested, however, there are serious concerns surrounding mail-in voting. Specifically, he said the results of the election could be delayed by several weeks if a wide-scale number of Americans decide to vote using mail-in ballots.

Backing up these comments, Meadows called out New York after the state took more than a month to count all of its primary election ballots.
Mail in voting would be a disaster and just make voter fraud the norm.

https://www.oann.com/mark-meadows-co...e-place-nov-3/

Old 08-04-2020, 05:29 AM

1,154 posts, read 366,560 times
Would take an amendment, which would require passage in both houses plus ratification by the states. Not going to happen. Trump is talking out of his hindquarters as usual. He has no capacity to demand the election delayed until conditions are more favorable for his re-election, which is why he’s working overtime to undermine the validity of the results. Make no mistake about it; Trump is a wannabe fascist.

To the person who anonymously left a comment with a rep point (thanks for that!), I wrote wannabe. Threatening to delay the election and undermining access to mail-in voting is absolutely an aspiring fascist move, but, thankfully, Trump has been thwarted so far.

Last edited by abbottkd71; 08-04-2020 at 06:09 AM..

Old 08-04-2020, 07:56 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Guy View Post
In person voting is not being removed. Mail in ballots allow more citizens, no matter their party affiliation to cast their vote. You seem to be confused due to Donald's Trumpian conflation campaign tactics.

Have you fallen prey to Trump's appalling and reprehensible campaign strategy to suppress the vote and undermine the elections with all his autocratic remarks and evidence free accusations? You do recall that it was the president who made the shocking, clearly rejected and widely rebuked undemocratic suggestion of moving the election?

Incorrect, you seem to be confused by the democrat fraud machine, telling you, well, fraudulent things.

In person voting has been removed in Washington and Oregon. Not surprising as they are blue states, and the potential for fraud, and manipulation of ballots there is higher.

As I understand it, Nevada is attempting to join them. Montana decided against it. There is a majority of states, I think 37 was the number I saw, that have some form of "excused" or absentee balloting available. As that system has far fewer users, and is more documented, the potential for fraud, manipulation, and mismanagement of ballots is less likely....... although I'm sure there is still some way to game that as well. You'd have to ask a fellow democrat about that.

CN

Old 08-04-2020, 08:24 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I'm a Trump supporter.

I voted NO, leave it as it is.

As of this post over 91% of the respondents to the poll have voted the same way. Plenty of them are Trump supporters to be certain.

Satisfied?

Probably not, I'm sure you'll just go on whining about it anyway.

CN
Then why support someone with such a blatant disregard for the constitution?

Old 08-04-2020, 09:04 AM

3,531 posts, read 3,732,527 times
Should be changed to April 1.

Old 08-04-2020, 02:13 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Then why support someone with such a blatant disregard for the constitution?
What has he done that is unconstitutional?

Please be very specific.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies