Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2020, 04:40 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
An egg is not a bird or a turtle, but they're protected.
Because they’re endangered and near extinction, humans certainly are not. But you knew that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 04:42 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,603,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
If it's murder then why are those responsible not In jail or charged.
They should be charged, then hauled off to prison,. . . its one of the greatest travesties/injustices of our time.
Quote:
Your party had complete power in 2016.
What 'party' is that?
Quote:
Change the law then.
What Law?

Last edited by jdaelectro; 08-04-2020 at 04:51 PM..

Old 08-04-2020, 05:38 PM

1,926 posts, read 557,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Birth control isn’t 100 percent effective. Rapes incest occur. People are not perfect. Are you for forcing a woman to give birth against her will ?

Her rights supersede the fetus.
We are no longer talking about your grandmothers birth control. Today’s birth control methods are very effective. A major problem with unintended pregnancies is of the approximately 61 million women in the US of reproductive age, 40% are using no contraception at all.
https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states

You may talk of rape and incest till you’re blue in the face, everyone knows those are extremes and most abortions are chosen for convenience.

I don’t understand why you think talking a human life for convenience is a proper choice.

If your parent’s held your views, we may not be having this conversation.

Old 08-04-2020, 05:41 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
It seems Lives Do Not matter - to some...

Old 08-04-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
People are going to have sex and have children. Protected and unprotected. Your preaching is not going to make one bit of difference.
So a view different from yours is “preaching”? What does that make your views seem to me?
Answer: Your views.
I find it unnecessary to apply labels as if that solidifies the statement. I gave that up when I left the playground.

Old 08-04-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Because they’re endangered and near extinction,
No, on both counts.

Old 08-04-2020, 05:53 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
We are no longer talking about your grandmothers birth control. Today’s birth control methods are very effective. A major problem with unintended pregnancies is of the approximately 61 million women in the US of reproductive age, 40% are using no contraception at all.
https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states

You may talk of rape and incest till you’re blue in the face, everyone knows those are extremes and most abortions are chosen for convenience.

I don’t understand why you think talking a human life for convenience is a proper choice.

If your parent’s held your views, we may not be having this conversation.
How a woman controls her reproduction is her business not mine yours or the general public. Her reasons are hers. Btw raising a child till 18 is more involved than “convince”. Inconvenient is missing the bus. Like a man she has the right to walk away from an unwanted pregnancy. I also support her right to give birth and raise the child or if she wants, adoption. If my parents aborted me I wouldn’t even know.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
How a woman controls her reproduction is her business not mine yours or the general public. Her reasons are hers. Btw raising a child till 18 is more involved than “convince”. Inconvenient is missing the bus. Like a man she has the right to walk away from an unwanted pregnancy. I also support her right to give birth and raise the child or if she wants, adoption. If my parents aborted me I wouldn’t even know.
If we would be novel, it appears to be common sense if a woman doesn’t want a child, she would take measures to prevent that from occurring. Your solution is to kill the human life after conception. Mine is to prevent it in the first place. If a woman would “control her reproduction” based on her desires of wanting or not wanting a child, the number of abortion clinics could be reduced by half.

No, if you were aborted you wouldn’t know, but your parents would.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
The irrational thinking, No Life Matters on full display

Old 08-04-2020, 06:17 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
If we would be novel, it appears to be common sense if a woman doesn’t want a child, she would take measures to prevent that from occurring. Your solution is to kill the human life after conception. Mine is to prevent it in the first place. If a woman would “control her reproduction” based on her desires of wanting or not wanting a child, the number of abortion clinics could be reduced by half.

No, if you were aborted you wouldn’t know, but your parents would.
Again not your business how a woman controls her reproduction. Not your business if she uses bc or not. It’s called privacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies