Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2020, 12:56 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Why do you use gang violence to defend police killing blacks?
It didn't seem to me as if it were presented as a defense, but rather a very correct indication that the ongoing Black abortion genocide and Black on Black homicides are a far more pressing problem, being much, much more numerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 01:00 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
What I said certainly is. Thanks for acknowledging it
Heh, we got a comedian.

I’m not exactly advocating any particular behavior, just the expansion of choices to help a free people be more free.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:11 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And if men don't? That makes it OK for a woman to have unprotected sex? For someone who claims women are "smart," that's actually pretty stupid. Why keep being so condescending, treating women like they have no control over their own reproduction and are just helpless waifs that have to have unprotected sex with men whenever men want? What century are you in? The 1600s?
You miss the point women do have control to live their life as they please. I support that even if I disagree with their choice

You single them out with judgments shame and blame. Forced birth against a woman’s will. Now what century do you live?

Old 08-06-2020, 01:26 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Same answer... And if men don't? That makes it OK for a woman to have unprotected sex? That's pretty stupid. Why keep being so condescending, treating women like they have no control over their own reproduction and are just helpless waifs that have to have unprotected sex with men whenever men want? What century are you in? The 1600s?
Well J no one is suggesting it is ok for anyone to have unprotected sex.
I would like to see everyone have protected sex and end the need for most abortions.
I would like to see more openness and education about our bodies, sex, contraception and reproduction. I would like to see more clinics, not less, free BC for anyone who needs it, a push to get the male pill on the market, less stigma and shaming and more information and referrals. As well more support for women who choose to continue their pregnancies and raise their children.

Weather you choose to see it or not we fall short.
And the human species is not in danger of extinction, we dont even care about the individuals that currently exist, so losing any potential addition humans is no great loss.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:45 PM

4,800 posts, read 2,802,137 times
Default Wrong definition

Quote:
It didn't seem to me as if it were presented as a defense, but rather a very correct indication that the ongoing Black abortion genocide and Black on Black homicides are a far more pressing problem, being much, much more numerous.
Nah. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide

"Genocide is the intentional action to destroy a people—usually defined as an ethnic, national, racial, or religious group—in whole or in part. A term coined by Raphael Lemkin in his 1944 book Axis Rule in Occupied Europe,[1][2] the hybrid word genocide is a combination of the Greek word γένος (genos, "race, people") and the Latin suffix -caedo ("act of killing").[3]

"The United Nations Genocide Convention, which was established in 1948, defines genocide as "acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group, as such" including the killing of its members, causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group, deliberately imposing living conditions that seek to "bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part", preventing births, or forcibly transferring children out of the group to another group.[4][5][6]

"Examples include the Holocaust, the Armenian Genocide, the Native American genocide, the Cambodian genocide, and after 1980 the Bosnian genocide, the Anfal genocide, the Darfur genocide, the Rwandan genocide."

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

So, TMK, there's no force - military or otherwise - involved in Black women (nor any other women) in the US getting an abortion. If the women & families involved are requesting abortions, it's not genocide - which relies on action applied by some group outside of the targeted population segment.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Strange.....
What’s strange about it. The fetus isn’t exactly in short supply. Once the Eagle is gone, that’s it. Makes sense to protect it.

Old 08-06-2020, 02:50 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Heh, we got a comedian.

I’m not exactly advocating any particular behavior, just the expansion of choices to help a free people be more free.
Well, except for the pre-born which you seem to feel is okay to MURDER.

No freedom for them, just a horrible death.

Dehumanization is going well in your camp.

Old 08-06-2020, 03:05 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Well, except for the pre-born which you seem to feel is okay to MURDER.

No freedom for them, just a horrible death.

Dehumanization is going well in your camp.
I’m not sure you read my statement. Much like drugs or prostitution, I wouldn’t call abortion a good thing. However, I’m even less fond of criminalizing these things. Those are two very different pieces.

What is my camp? I haven’t even found it yet.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:05 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times
Quote:
I’m not sure you read my statement. Much like drugs or prostitution, I wouldn’t call abortion a good thing. However, I’m even less fond of criminalizing these things. Those are two very different pieces.

What is my camp? I haven’t even found it yet.
As I read your post you were against any legal steps to make in-utero infanticide, aka "abortion" illegal, and, in fact, wanted to expand it even more. That was my take on it, and I did, in fact, read it. If, however, that is NOT what you meant, then scratch what I wrote.

KOA RV campgrounds. Hookups and everything.

Old 08-07-2020, 01:43 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Quote:
Sometimes pregnancy just happens.

I’ve never understood how political conservatives oppose this. You want to prevent a last-ditch measure that would likely keep entitlements from growing? You’re so pro-individual liberty that you want to dictate to someone that they can’t do this? I understand that it’s unsavory, but you’re also not the one on the hook for raising that child. Lay off telling others how to live their lives. You’re no better than the people telling us we can’t do drugs or drink sodas that are too big, that we need to use certain pronouns, that we need to ban guns, or that gays shouldn’t marry. Lay off. Stop it. Seriously. Stop it. STOP IT. Quit butting into stuff that’s none of your freaking business. Let people be people.
Perhaps the liberal limp wrists would be well advised to take your advice and stop telling Christian bakeries to make so-called "wedding" cakes for homosexual "marriage". GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies