Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 09:54 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,339,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Are you serious with this nonsense? You do realize that dog trainers all over the country and world train dogs specifically for protection as guard dogs for persons and property? Some of the bad guys might even be wearing jerseys.
This is exactly why I said these dogs need to be reported to the county or the local authority responsible for animal control. Most jurisdictions have registration and ownership requirements for guard or attack dogs. I would contact local animal control to make sure these dogs are registered and that their owners are compliant if these aren’t SEAL canines. If they are not registered, then I would petition the local official to confiscate them as they have been improperly trained and handled, and strongly consider euthanasia.

If you have any experience with training guard and attack dogs, you would know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 09:58 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,791,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
This is exactly why I said these dogs need to be reported to the county or the local authority responsible for animal control. Most jurisdictions have registration and ownership requirements for guard or attack dogs. I would contact local animal control to make sure these dogs are registered and that their owners are compliant if these aren’t SEAL canines. If they are not registered, then I would petition the local official to confiscate them as they have been improperly trained and handled, and strongly consider euthanasia.

If you have any experience with training guard and attack dogs, you would know.
You want government to control everything, I see.

Old 08-03-2020, 10:03 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,378,853 times
Quote:
Clearly you missed the point. These dogs were either a part of an official training exercise or they were not. If they were, then the SEALs absolutely have an obligation investigate because training canines to attack people wearing jerseys is breaking protocol and potentially places civilians at risk. If they were NOT part of an official training exercise, then they absolutely must be euthanized for reasons of public safety. Once you train the dogs to associate certain clothing, demeanor, behavior as cues for attack, there is no un-training them. They must be put down.

It is people like you and every single one who thinks this is just some joke that really put animals and the public at risk. It is irresponsible animal ownership and it is a danger to public safety.

This is not a joke.
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 08-03-2020, 10:06 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,791,984 times
Any kind of dog registration is a money grab and most states do not require registration of guard dogs despite what hellopity says. NYC requires it because they require $ for everything.

39,809 posts, read 26,381,413 times
I hope those poor dogs can get the taste out of their mouth. Might have to lick their own butts for a while.

30,681 posts, read 21,825,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Karen Kaepernick is a douche bag but the military is supposed to be professional and apolitical. They'll get fallout for this.
From his admiration of Castro, to saying "everyone's a racist" he is a douche bag

Old 08-03-2020, 10:15 PM

19,590 posts, read 22,462,021 times
Disgusting anyway you look at it. Just disgusting. No need to train in that manner. Wholly unprofessional and unnecessary.

Old 08-03-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Disgusting anyway you look at it. Just disgusting. No need to train in that manner. Wholly unprofessional and unnecessary.
Agreed. It’s animal cruelty really.

Old 08-03-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I very often agree with your posts. In fact, most of the time I agree with your posts. I'm center, but sort of just left of the center.

But I grew up in a military family.

I went to a university that has a huge military presence.

The military isn't like the rest of us, hellopity. They are trained to reject their own survival instincts, and instead, value the life of others over their own.

THAT is some breaking down of human instincts, and creating other instincts.

And the Seals are the top of the top of that.
I’ve dated SEALs and I can tell you the ones I’ve dated don’t behave like that when they are on duty. They have the right to have political opinions, participate in political rallies and such when they aren’t on the clock. Fortunately, the Navy determined none of these people was on active duty when the video was filmed. Which then begs the question: are those civilian canines and were they trained and registered? I would definitely contact local animal control to make sure.

Old 08-03-2020, 10:46 PM

8,058 posts, read 3,925,471 times
Quote:
I’ve dated SEALs and I can tell you the ones I’ve dated don’t behave like that when they are on duty. They have the right to have political opinions, participate in political rallies and such when they aren’t on the clock. Fortunately, the Navy determined none of these people was on active duty when the video was filmed. Which then begs the question: are those civilian canines and were they trained and registered? I would definitely contact local animal control to make sure.
Go for it, nobody is stopping you... Karen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies