Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2020, 11:15 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times

Advertisements

When this is the best we can do as a leader we have big problems. Doesn't matter what interviews he does the Trump kult will support anything. Even Russians ordering hits on our troops. Wow..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 11:40 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Well, I've been on this earth a while and consider myself pretty aware and have had HBO for life, and I watch quitttte a bit of it and always have. I follow lots and lots of press conferences, "news", and current events.

I have never heard of this guy.

You people can pick at it all you want but the fact that he's doing these interviews knowing they are completely against him 100% shows he's not hiding like Biden is. It's a big **** *** to the media, that's why they hate him so much.
Jonathan Swan is a political reporter for Axios. HBO is where the interview was broadcast

As far as why Trump keeps doing these train-wreck interviews, who knows. It has to drive his campaign people crazy. When a President of the United States makes the comment "It is what it is" referring to the death of 1000+ fellow Americans every day, they must just put their heads in their hands and cry. Could you imagine George W Bush standing on the debris of the twin towers and saying the inspirational words "It is what it is"?

Trump just does not have it in his DNA to be a leader.

Last edited by JRR; 08-07-2020 at 12:08 AM..

Old 08-06-2020, 11:53 PM

1,950 posts, read 1,129,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
So all Trump supporters are liberals? Does that include David Duke?

Have you explored David Duke's fiscal policy preferences?

Old 08-07-2020, 05:22 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Did you actually watch the interview? It was clearly not edited down. That is why it is so striking. Trump was simply asked to clarify his odd and incorrect statements and answers. Which he could not do. For Trump to say when he took office they did not even have a covid-19 test is just bewildering. Apparently Obama should have been working on a test for a virus that did not exist yet.

Not a good person to compare Trump to. So Sarah Palin sat through a 12 hour interview? That makes sense to you? Do you have a link to this 12 hour interview?
"Not a good person to compare Trump to."

Your dem BIAS is showing.

"Do you have a link to this 12 hour interview?"

The FACT that you DON'T KNOW how these things are done, says it all!

"Second in the broadcast network competition to talk to Sarah Palin: Katie Couric. The CBS anchor will spend two days on the road with the Republican vice presidential candidate
And WE are the UN-educated!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 08-07-2020 at 05:51 AM..

Old 08-07-2020, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^

It is irrelevant what the people who are pointing out Trump's mistakes have accomplished and what the IQ of each is in comparison to Trump, as not one of those posters is running for President.

Trump is running for President and asking for votes, and those voters have a right to critique the person asking for the vote in any way they see fit.

By your logic above the only people who would have a right to critique Trump are people with an equal or higher net worth and IQ, and that is a ridiculous notion.
So, they people making claims who are NOT "smart" should be listened to and we should take everything THEY say as Gospel . Got it!

"and those voters have a right to critique the person asking for the vote in any way they see fit."

And I have no problem with that, EVERY body has the right to their OWN opinions. That doe NOT mean we have to ACCEPT their opinions.

If they are going to go public wit your opinions you have to ALLOW others to "critique" THEM.

To attempt to stop, smear, etc. people voicing disagreement with those opinions only shows me, you can't handle OTHER peoples opinions and want them silenced.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:
^^^^^

1. A bunch of attacking the messenger rather than the message because you can't adequately defend the words coming out of the mouth of your messiah.

2. B-b-b-b-ut Hillary. B-b-b-b-ut Biden. Bringing up Hillary and Biden is an irrelevant deflection because criticizing Trump doesn't make someone a Hillary supporter, nor a Biden supporter, nor a liberal, nor a Democrat. It doesn't make anyone anything other than someone who is criticizing Trump. Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.
People like you ALWAYS attack people showing the hypocrisy of the left.

If you can't take it, DON'T dish it out.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:24 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Democrats used to brand themselves as big government lovers, but now they want to defund the police.

What happened?

It’s almost as if you can’t trust the government, yet Democrats needs that trust in order to secure votes and maintain power over their “victimized” constituents.
Putin put a bounty on American soldiers and all you can do is deflect something on the Democrats? And all Trump cared about regarding the Putin bounty in the interview was that he wanted it known he was not told about it at the time.

What happened to defending America and supporting our troops? Where is the outrage to what Putin did?

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 08-07-2020 at 06:33 AM..

Old 08-07-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
^^^^^

It is irrelevant what the people who are pointing out Trump's mistakes have accomplished and what the IQ of each is in comparison to Trump, as not one of those posters is running for President.

Trump is running for President and asking for votes, and those voters have a right to critique the person asking for the vote in any way they see fit.

By your logic above the only people who would have a right to critique Trump are people with an equal or higher net worth and IQ, and that is a ridiculous notion.

Exactly. Trump is not a rags to riches story. And if you look at my net worth at the age Trump got his trust fund money from his father and how many times over I have grown my money compared to Trump I am doing much better than Trump. I can't control that Trump started the race close to the finish line and I actually had to run the race.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:30 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyBrocklestein View Post
Did anyone else laugh when trump pulled out his graph printouts? He couldn't have at least carried them in a manlia folder, look at least a tiny bit professional?

It reminded me of the kid in grade school, doing his homework last minute at the breakfast table, homework he put off for weeks. "Donnie, did you do the assignment?" "Yes, Miss Crabtree, it's right here."

"It's called science. And then all of the sudden something's better."

This will be my new motto.

That giant bar graph page is HILARIOUS. Like Hasbro's "My First Bar Graph"....

Old 08-07-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
That giant bar graph page is HILARIOUS. Like Hasbro's "My First Bar Graph"....

I imagine they tried to brief him on the graphs they printed out for him. But he was probably busy tweeting and did not pay attention to what they told him. All he could remember is the graphs prove America is doing better than the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies