Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 03:33 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times

Advertisements

This one kills me.

Jonathan Swan: (18:50)
The reason I say this is, even if you don’t believe this particular piece of intelligence, and there is dispute, no doubt, there is dispute in the intelligence committee about it, John Nicholson, former head of forces in Afghanistan said, and this is when he was working for you, that Russia is supplying weapons to the Taliban. Isn’t that enough to challenge Putin over the killings of U.S. soldiers?

President Donald J. Trump: (19:10)
Well, we sold them weapons when they were fighting Russia too. When they were fighting with the Taliban in Afghanistan-

Jonathan Swan: (19:17)
Yeah. But that’s a different era.

President Donald J. Trump: (19:18)
Well, it’s a different… I’m just saying. Yes.

Jonathan Swan: (19:20)
But how does that affect-

President Donald J. Trump: (19:21)
I’m just saying we did that too.

Jonathan Swan: (19:22)
But how does that-

President Donald J. Trump: (19:23)
I don’t know. I didn’t ask Nicholson about that. He was there for a long time. Didn’t have great success because he was there before me. And then, ultimately, I made a change.

Jonathan Swan: (19:30)
But you surely heard that. Right? I mean, it’s well known in the intelligence community, that they’re arming the Taliban, Russia.

President Donald J. Trump: (19:36)
I don’t know. When you say arming is-

Jonathan Swan: (19:38)
Supplying weapons.

President Donald J. Trump: (19:39)
Paying or they-

Jonathan Swan: (19:40)
Russia is supplying weapons and money to the Taliban.

President Donald J. Trump: (19:42)
I have heard that but, again, it’s never reached my desk.

Jonathan Swan: (19:48)
I mean, he said it on the record when he was in-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 03:35 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,835,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Sounds like the Russian to English translator spit out the word "Movie" when trying to translate.
Ha, I thought the same thing, especially with the new join date.

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Last I read, the only Trump businesses turning a profit are the ones he frequents. The DC hotel, Mar-a-Lago, his courses he golfs at.

As he has fought tooth and toenail to keep his finances hidden, there is good reason to believe that money laundering is keeping his operation afloat.

With the scrutiny his finances are likely to receive in the coming years, it is difficult to imagine much of that will be continuing.

After watching these interviews where Trump does not appear to have even a minimal grip on reality, hard to imagine any legitimate investment happening.
Trump has been trying to keep the FBI in their decrepit headquarters a block from the Trump International Hotel because if they move then the property will be redeveloped which likely would include a luxury hotel that would compete directly against the Trump hotel. So once again Trump is using the office of the president for his own personal financial benefit. But Richard Shelby, Senator from Alabama, is gumming up Trump's plan by moving some of the FBI to Alabama.

As Trump’s latest effort for new FBI headquarters falls flat, Shelby moves parts of the bureau to Alabama
https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...ureau-alabama/

Things don't seem to working out too well for Trump lately.

5,985 posts, read 2,915,239 times
Quote:
Last I read, the only Trump businesses turning a profit are the ones he frequents. The DC hotel, Mar-a-Lago, his courses he golfs at.

As he has fought tooth and toenail to keep his finances hidden, there is good reason to believe that money laundering is keeping his operation afloat.

With the scrutiny his finances are likely to receive in the coming years, it is difficult to imagine much of that will be continuing.

After watching these interviews where Trump does not appear to have even a minimal grip on reality, hard to imagine any legitimate investment happening.
His business career has been, for the most part, a failure. If he had taken the money left to him by his father and just left it in passive index funds, he'd be considerably wealthier today.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:42 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Exactly this. And then there is the dishonest person saying the interviewer was interrupting Trump. I lost count of the claims he made in that interview that were based on nothing, and then when asked to clarify, he just looked him dead in the eye and lied. When the lies stopped working, he just changed the subject.

A master con-man in action. NOT who I want running my country.

He said that something that has been headline news for months (the Russian Bounty) never made it to his desk. What a LIE. he's been asked many times, he throws the same hissy fit every time, but he can't deny he didn't know about it in late July. My GOD this many has no soul.
a master con man has to be able to fool people.
I don't think he could fool a 3 year old at this point.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:47 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
a master con man has to be able to fool people.
I don't think he could fool a 3 year old at this point.
Are you kidding? He still has 30-35% of the voters in this country fooled. Another 10-15% think he’s marginally better than the alternative, but know he’s garbage.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:48 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
This one kills me.

i also like during that exchange how trump gets excited that he's able to share the knowledge that russia was once part of the soviet union. ( sorry.....spoilers ).

Old 08-04-2020, 03:54 PM

186 posts, read 67,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
No more embarrassing than Biden speaking without his teleprompter. Where are the Biden interviews? He's hiding in his bunker. That is more pathetic and cowardly than putting oneself out there knowing the other side will go gunning for you.
A few things:

The false talking point phrase the Trump campaign wants you to use in the smear campaign against Biden is basement. Trump was the one cowering in his WH bunker during the peaceful BLM marches and protests in the people's park, Lafayette Square.

Biden actually does well on teleprompter speeches as you have noted, and has quite detailed answers and thoughts and ideas when off. ( Yep they are long, but they do indeed provide complete answers to complex issues facing our nation. Not as entertaining as cheering a POTUS for drinking a glass of water or for screaming childish cruel names at his opponents, I will admit)

You are incorrect. The former VP has given recent interviews on every major network and on numerous cable shows. Also, he has held multiple televised virtual townhalls and roundtables. They are easily obtained online should you be interested in substance and policy and plans.

Last edited by Fun Guy; 08-04-2020 at 05:16 PM..

Old 08-04-2020, 03:54 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,345,820 times
Basic follow-up questions destroy Trump: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/04/polit...rus/index.html

I encourage everyone to employ this method when they converse with Trump supporters. This pattern of pathological lying is not unique to Trump. Those who support him show similar disregard for the truth and reality.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:55 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Got to wonder how many more of these interviews Trump will sign up for.
Right. I was really surprised he agreed to sit down for this one.

Trump usually only does 1 on 1 interviews with far-right, "friendly" media outlets that will go easy on him and not ask him tough questions.

Who among his advisers agreed to let Trump interview with a credible, unbiased media outlet like Axios? Trump humiliated himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies