Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 11:57 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,526,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Once the yuan proves its chops by becoming successful as a reserve currency?
No I don’t think the yuan is going to be accepted as the GRC but I do believe they are the biggest competitor technologically, militarily and economically.
Clearly our administration feels the same way which is why the anti China rhetoric has been dialed up to 11 recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 12:02 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,676,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
To be honest, the ”it is what it is” comment was not the worst response of his in the video. His point was that he’s acknowledging that people are dying from the virus which is true. He’s just not an eloquent speaker and it was a bad choice of words. this should not come as a surprise to anyone.
It sure was a bad choice of words. And just like the phrase about "basket of deplorables" that Clinton used stuck to her, Trump will be haunted by his words.

One of his big problems is his lack of an ability to empathize and inspire. He is just unable to react with an answer like "Yes, Jonathan, there are too many Americans dying from this virus every day as even one death is too many. And it saddens me to see it happening in this wonderful country. It is on my mind 24/7 and I am sure that the great people we have working on this will get us through this tough situation."

He just can't bring himself to say something like that

Old 08-08-2020, 12:35 AM

13,080 posts, read 7,541,093 times
^ and 40% of us Americans will still follow him

Old 08-08-2020, 07:22 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Oh great, thanks. Glad I have that cleared up. A far left journalist from Australia contracting with far left HBO. You can smell the smugness the second that guy appears.

You're gonna stand there and talk to me about being triggered? Hahaha. So if we put Blue Lives Matter or All Lives Matter forcibly on a street, renamed a street, painted their names on the street, the BLM people wouldn't be triggered? Which cities would be burned down this time? Thank GOD I live in the South. Academy Sports and Outdoors runs out of handgun ammo literally every single day, you have to get there when they open.

I didn't say they didn't. But they're not interviewing Trump on national TV, are they? I think the Chris Wallace interview was fair and had integrity, unlike this HBO garbage.

He does answer questions.
Not all the questions. Only the ones he wants too, because he likes to change the subject.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:38 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,472,137 times
Quote:
He does answer questions.

there were some that he answered but he tended to cut swan off before he could finish the question.

would be interesting to go back and see exactly what questions were answered.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:56 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I am reliably informed - on this very board, no less - that Sean Hannity is a commentator and how it's totes unfair to hold him up to journalist standards.

But I can see we're going for the both sides are bad narrative.

The interview wasn't "fake" in any way. Compared to what other first-world politicians deal with, it was a gentle caress. Trump simply flubbed the mission. And you're doing everything in your power to not address that.

He did in fact do so badly, he has me agreeing with - of all people - Piers Morgan. And that is something I will have a hard time forgiving him for.

https://www.inquisitr.com/6204488/pi...n-trump-axios/
“Trump’s made the crisis all about him, not the American people,” Morgan concluded.

That said it all. I am a little surprised that he said that.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:59 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,481,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
“Trump’s made the crisis all about him, not the American people,” Morgan concluded.

That said it all. I am a little surprised that he said that.
Me too... Piers has been a Trump supporter. And well, he's Morgan Piers.

But he is correct.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:23 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,676,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
You should take an Econ 101 course to learn the difference between micro and macro economics.
I did, in college.

I don't care about your thread you started that you're so proud of, have no desire to read it.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:32 AM

5,052 posts, read 6,354,967 times
Quote:
I did, in college.

I don't care about your thread you started that you're so proud of, have no desire to read it.
And yet you took the time to respond, multiple times. Obviously critical thinking was not a required competency in your major.

Old 08-08-2020, 12:15 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,472,137 times
here's the tulsa info that contradicts trump's claim in the interview:

https://www.tulsa-health.org/COVID19

cases were sharply going up before the rally and there were two spikes right after, one 3 days after and another at 16. there was a larger spike at one month after which trump first acknowledges but then later claims it was 2 months ( which hasn't happened yet ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies