Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 10:32 AM

4,606 posts, read 1,903,479 times

Advertisements

I have always liked Biden ever since i heard the stories of him taking the train to work, he just seemed an everyday guy. I personally dislike Trump whom i think is an ass, even though i agree with a lot of what Trump has done his personality is just so abrasive it is bad for the Nation. I had hopes for Biden until that very first debate where he raised his hand to give healthcare to illegals, just as every other Dem on the stage did. At that moment I just shook my head and said i guess I will be voting for Trump and wondered why the Democrats cannot put forward a candidate who actually has America and Americans as their main focus. Give me someone who meets that bill and who wants to pull the troops out of the middle east and i will vote for them. The only person who seems to fit that bill is Trump, even if i sometimes wish someone would sew his mouth shut and take away his twitter account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 10:54 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,697,225 times
My medical program runs my employer and I ~ $1,000/month, it has a $5,000 out of pocket maximum which is easily hit with ONE visit to the ER or one night stay in the hospital. I can barely afford to get ANY care and have to make payments for months for the out of pocket costs. Because the hospital is required to treat those unable to pay (between 1 in 3 and 1 in 4 are illegal/uninsured) the bill my insurance gets is bloated to cover those people or the hospital would have to close.
Its just like car insurance, we're supposed to be required by law to have it yet it's not actively enforced, so the law abiding are paying more and more due to the uninsured motorist portions of our premiums rising 40%+.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:07 AM

23,739 posts, read 14,858,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They already mandate Real ID, but look at what happens when anyone suggest such an ID be required to vote? Yep. Same thing... The idiot SJWs incessantly shriek "Racist!" "Bigot!" "Xenophobe!"

On top of that problem, the issue with creating a tamper-proof ID is that it would require the submission of a unique biometric identifier such as fingerprints, retinal scan, etc., from every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary non-citizen worker to make e-verify work as well as it was intended to. E-verify has no such database, and I doubt you'd get every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary non-citizen worker to agree to submit such biometric identifiers to the Fed Gov. It's too intrusive and a violation of our 4th Amendment Rights.
Let em fuss and squeal and sue.

Anybody who wants a drivers license these days has to present a birth certificate and/or a social security card, and fingerprints.

Anybody who wants a visa can do the same thing.

Anybody who wants a job can be required to have a DL.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:12 AM

1,134 posts, read 400,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Kind of surprised there have not been commercials with this by Trump.
I think there would be if not for the coronavirus and BLM protests descending into violence, arson and looting. Along with calls to defund the police. Those things are already providing outstanding material for campaign ads.

But if those things calm down I'll bet you'll see more talk about what the DNC candidates plan to offer illegal immigrants.

Old 08-04-2020, 01:11 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,494,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Kind of surprised there have not been commercials with this by Trump.
Really, instead the commercials have been about showing the rioting that has gone on under Trump.

Old 08-04-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
How to ruin our Republic..allow tens of millions of ILLEGAL trespassers to occupy the country, inflict debt and drain on the healthcare system, give them free transportation, their own interpreters, housing, WIC/EBT ect. Many do not nor try to learn English, many send much of their income back to country they left to family who has no intention of coming here, where they rent they pile multiple people into housing unit and treat it like its their village back wherever. ILLEGAL means against or violating the law...duh...come here legally with right attitude i say welcome...break into the country and have no respect for what it offers stay in your own or go elsewhere! Here ILLEGALLY get ready for free ride back to the border...
What about other people? While illegals work hard for their money, I wonder how many poor Americans are sapping off of society by not working? Could it be because illegals have a reputation for working harder be a major reason they get support? But if you sharply disagree, then how about the Republicans strongly enforcing laws against employers hiring illegals?

Interesting how the manager of one local Mexican restaurant got into big trouble with the Feds for smuggling Mexicans in to work in his restaurant. The reason why? Because they work harder. At least he got into trouble. Who knows how many, many don't.

I, myself, think we need to make sure all poor but hard working Americans have affordable access to health care before worrying about hard working illegals over it.

Old 08-04-2020, 01:20 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,601,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
My medical program runs my employer and I ~ $1,000/month, it has a $5,000 out of pocket maximum which is easily hit with ONE visit to the ER or one night stay in the hospital. I can barely afford to get ANY care and have to make payments for months for the out of pocket costs. Because the hospital is required to treat those unable to pay (between 1 in 3 and 1 in 4 are illegal/uninsured) the bill my insurance gets is bloated to cover those people or the hospital would have to close.
Its just like car insurance, we're supposed to be required by law to have it yet it's not actively enforced, so the law abiding are paying more and more due to the uninsured motorist portions of our premiums rising 40%+.
Fortunately for all of us, Trump will unveil his new health care plan--and his immigration plan-- any day now, as he promised 2 weeks ago.

Trump Says He’ll Sign Health, Immigration Plans in Coming Weeks

"We’re signing a health-care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care-plan,” Trump said. “We’re going to sign an immigration plan, a health-care plan, and various other plans.”

Old 08-04-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Fortunately for all of us, Trump will unveil his new health care plan--and his immigration plan-- any day now, as he promised 2 weeks ago.

Trump Says He’ll Sign Health, Immigration Plans in Coming Weeks

"We’re signing a health-care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care-plan,” Trump said. “We’re going to sign an immigration plan, a health-care plan, and various other plans.”
Maybe Trump was told that it was best to wait until the Democrats hold their convention, then bring out all those plans for a distraction.

Old 08-04-2020, 01:30 PM

74 posts, read 33,089 times
Illegal immigration is a separate topic than rising healthcare cost. Both the parties don’t want to fix the rising healthcare cost and our politicians are behind the corporate/rich people.

Old 08-04-2020, 01:36 PM

18,415 posts, read 15,125,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What about other people? While illegals work hard for their money, I wonder how many poor Americans are sapping off of society by not working? Could it be because illegals have a reputation for working harder be a major reason they get support? But if you sharply disagree, then how about the Republicans strongly enforcing laws against employers hiring illegals?

Interesting how the manager of one local Mexican restaurant got into big trouble with the Feds for smuggling Mexicans in to work in his restaurant. The reason why? Because they work harder. At least he got into trouble. Who knows how many, many don't.

I, myself, think we need to make sure all poor but hard working Americans have affordable access to health care before worrying about hard working illegals over it.
If it is true that they work harder, that is a testament to living in a place where nobody is expected to give anything to you. It is a testament to living in a place or time when you are on your own. Where you are the only one responsible for your destiny. Where no government check is coming at the end of the week. Or food stamps. Or government funded housing.

So maybe we can agree that America should go back to the days before social services for the poor, so that poor Americans can become as hard working as poor Mexicans are. Like they used to be 100 years ago..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies