U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 09:34 AM

7,095 posts, read 1,684,286 times

Advertisements

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. Neither party should get a pass on improper behavior come election times.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-04-2020, 10:02 AM

33,448 posts, read 21,810,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Donald Trump voted by mail. More than once. Was that a joke or invitation for fraud?

I understand if you don't respond.

Interesting.

Did he identify himself, or is that racist?

Old 08-04-2020, 10:06 AM

33,448 posts, read 21,810,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Oh lookie, another thread making excuses (already) about not wining the election.....

At 53, the North Dakota special education teacher has been an active voter for about 30 years and, until recently, had never experienced a problem casting her ballot. In 2018, she decided to cast a mail-in ballot for the first time, thinking it would be more convenient than her usual in-person vote. Two years later, Romo learned that her 2018 vote never counted. An election official with no formal criteria to follow decided that Romo’s signature on her absentee ballot envelope didn’t line up with the signature on her absentee ballot application form — and her vote was rejected.

https://www.typeinvestigations.org/i...d-in-november/

Old 08-04-2020, 10:12 AM

10,440 posts, read 7,716,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Oh lookie, another thread making excuses (already) about not wining the election.....
So you figure that if the left gets beat they will cry "voter suppression".

But your boy Trump is already crying about "voter fraud". So he is already making excuses.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:27 AM

12,798 posts, read 6,935,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So you figure that if the left gets beat they will cry "voter suppression".

But your boy Trump is already crying about "voter fraud". So he is already making excuses.
Voter suppression is real. One of Trump's own campaign advisors admitted it was a normal GOP tactic.

Voter fraud is a figment of the right's imagination. It has never, ever been shown to amount to anything.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:31 AM

4,341 posts, read 960,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. Neither party should get a pass on improper behavior come election times.
True. Unfortunately, the DemocRATS ALWAYS get away with it. The RepubliCANTS never engage in it. They are too timid, for one thing.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:37 AM

33,807 posts, read 17,961,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Please start with those snow birds transplants in FL who vote in both states... hmm in fact, didn't the trump team do the same?
I don't know... did they?

For some reason, you think I am supposed to support illegality just because someone I may like does it. That's not how I work.

Laws are what keeps people in check from doing anything they want. God put that in play for our own benefit so that we would not destroy each other.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:38 AM

9,448 posts, read 4,842,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
More butt-spew.

That all you got? Not too convincing.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:42 AM

8,929 posts, read 4,175,741 times
If Republicans can’t cheat they won’t win. (They used to call themselves the moral party)

Old 08-04-2020, 10:47 AM

729 posts, read 1,121,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The Republican party has a long history of attempting to suppress the vote in order to win. They close hundred of polling places in minority neighborhoods, stymie early voting and purge eligible voters from the rolls by the hundreds of thousands. In fact, voter suppression is so well accepted as a part of their normal modus operandi that they don't even try to deny it.

Justin Clark, one of Trump’s reelection advisers, was caught on tape telling Wisconsin Republicans that the party has “traditionally” relied on voter suppression.

“Traditionally it’s always been Republicans suppressing votes in places. Let’s start protecting our voters. We know where they are,” the adviser, Justin Clark, said in audio obtained by the Associated Press. “Let’s start playing offense a little bit. That’s what you’re going to see in 2020. It’s going to be a much bigger program, a much more aggressive program, a much better-funded program.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lections-trump

And now we are seeing this "much bigger program, a much more aggressive program, a much better-funded program" playing out as Trump continues this Republican strategy to win, this time by trying to shut down mail in voting. And if he can't force the courts to shut it down, he'll simply make sure the Post Office fails, which will accomplish the same thing.

No one should be surprised by this. It's all part of a proud GOP tradition, after all. And it's the only way they can win anymore.
My vote never has been suppressed by any republican nor the Republican party. On the contrary, the Dems are the ones who constantly are trying to make me feel inferior, bash me, discredit me, discriminate me, and cast me out just because I am extremely independent, profoundly analytical, well versed in many topics of World History, Foreign affairs, Philosophy, World Literature, Political Economy, and most of all because I am a man of profound convictions and scruples in all orders of life. Lay your eyes upon them and you shalt see that they are viciously barren. I always pass on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or