Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2020, 10:24 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times

Advertisements

The speech writers were also incompetent in this case. They should start doing what Marie de Gandt did for Sarkozy - phonetically spell difficult, foreign, or non-intuitive words. Never assume Trump knows how to pronounce words like Yosemite, Tucson Arizona or MIT...even though he has lived in the US for 70+ years.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...writer/274364/

Old 08-05-2020, 10:28 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Trump knows the best words and knows how to use them!!! Wait for 2020 edition in January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9BXkQ-SRc
I can excuse most of these. even I sometimes slur some words that I haven't read out loud in awhile.

but yo semite is not in the same realm as these gaffes. he simply does not know how to pronounce the word because he's uncultured or unfamiliar with the word.
it's not much different than mispronouncing arkansas or illinois. excusable for non-americans but embarassing for a US citizen.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:33 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
I can excuse most of these. even I sometimes slur some words that I haven't read out loud in awhile.

but yo semite is not in the same realm as these gaffes. he simply does not know how to pronounce the word because he's uncultured or unfamiliar with the word.
it's not much different than mispronouncing arkansas or illinois. excusable for non-americans but embarassing for a US citizen.
Funny vid. Trump is such a maroon.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:35 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Donald Trump Pronounces "Yosemite" as "Yo-semites." Twice.

I saw that. It is odd to say the least.

I think it has more to do with him being a poorly informed individual. His script writers forget he knows almost nothing about something as basic as our world class National Park System, and he really never cared about it.

He is also an intolerant proud tyrant, and if any faithful staff had wanted to come in for just five minutes to help him rehearse the key phrases of a speech, he would throw them out on their ear with expletives. They already know that, and would not dare suggest he practice before a giving speech.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
He’s basically retarded. Yet i am supposed to believe Biden has dementia? Yeah, right.
these are not mutually exclusive.
what this board is quick to do is attack one while defending the other, as if to say your guy is worse than mine.

case in point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeplewillhavetheirsay View Post
Biden is literally in the early to mid stages of dementia/senility. So this may not be the best year to start a thread like this one................just saying.
they both are unfit to be president IMO, and it has nothing to do with how they mispronounce words or stutter during public speaking.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:41 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
I think Trump banned reporters from the Republican National Convention, not due to COVID, but because he wants to limit coverage of all the lies he plans to tell and all the ignorance he will display.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
My father could never pronounce the word manure, much as he tried. He was buying some one day for the garden and after stammering several times with the word to tell the sales person what he wanted he finally just said he needed 50lbs of cow chit. Much to my mothers embarrassment.

But OMG, trump should be impeached because he cant pronounce a word. Good lord people.
it's not an inability to pronounce a word.
trump has no idea how to say it and is trying to sound it out on the fly.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:43 AM

4,254 posts, read 3,176,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It seemed pretty clear he was having a hard time pronouncing the word, as he said it twice. And he pronounced it the same way, "Yo-semites," twice. Talking about Yosemite National Park.

And Trump voters say Biden is dealing with dementia???

Video clip here: https://twitter.com/brenonade/status...63954419798016
I'm willing to bet that there are words that YOU don't pronounce correctly. Do you have dementia?

Old 08-05-2020, 11:38 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
I'm willing to bet that there are words that YOU don't pronounce correctly. Do you have dementia?
Let's not pretend that this was some random word. It was a speech on National Parks, and the word he couldn't read was one of the most famous ones. It's so famous that the park is normally full of foreign visitors from around the world to attest to it. This would be akin to the French Prime Minister not knowing how to pronounce the word, Eiffel.

Old 08-05-2020, 11:48 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It seemed pretty clear he was having a hard time pronouncing the word, as he said it twice. And he pronounced it the same way, "Yo-semites," twice. Talking about Yosemite National Park.
Naw, he was just trying to pander to the African American Jewish voter-base. He is so out of touch. "Yo Semites, S'up?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies