Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 06:33 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,465,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Actually, it's the corporations who are in control of the government. And they by extension control us. I'm certainly not naive enough to think the government, i.e., Dems and Reps care one whit about us everyday people.

Aside from that, I'm speaking in relation to Covid. My simple and humble advice: wear a mask and socially distance. At least it's a start in helping to mitigate the effects of this virus.
Which political aisle tends to be on the side of science and medicine? i.e. the predominantly apolitical arena that cares most about the best interests of everyday patients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 06:52 PM

37,107 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Nope. I'm not trying to scare anyone. Can you say the same? Nope. You can't.
I did not say you were trying to scare anyone. What I said is that you are terrified at the prospect of a mandated vaccine, and the only way you can lobby against a vaccine is by trying to downplay how serious the virus is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Sorry folks, I know some of you want the virus to be this apocalyptic, end of humanity virus that the media make it out to be. However, its not even anything close to the Spanish flu, bubonic plague or anything like it. With a 98% survival rate, you guys still act like people are dropping dead in the streets.

We don't need to wait around for a vaccine. Keep the most vulnerable population at home, sheltered, protected. The rest of us have to keep moving forward.
Without many people who are in "the most vulnerable population", including health care workers, being out in the community the "rest of us" will be moving nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post

Plus, we have soon to be released monoclonal, man made AB treatments. These mimic our bodies natural response, and might help eliminate more serious infections before vaccines are widespread. This may be the treatment key that makes the virus less than lethal for our most risky patients in the next few months.
Unfortunately there will be people here on CD screeching about the cost of antibody treatment and how much $$$$ Big Pharma will make.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:54 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,731,625 times
Thanks China!! Wonderful thing you did for us there!! Burn in hell China!!

Old 08-04-2020, 07:38 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,637,280 times
Quote:
It's not "you guys" predicting this stuff. It's doctors and medical experts. The opinions of people on this forum doesn't matter. I choose to listen to the people who know what's going on, thank you.
You don't need to be offended.

WHICH experts are we talking about here? There's experts on different sides of the spectrum, experts who get things wrong all the time, experts who have different opinions, ideas, views. Which experts?

You can go to two different boxing experts and get 2 different opinions. Its no different when we're talking about scientist and medical experts. So which science? Which experts?

Be honest, you're just feeding into the mainstream media and the people they PRESENT to you.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:40 PM
bu2

24,073 posts, read 14,869,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I could see this lasting 3 or 4 years. Why not? Mother nature is no messing around. I think we should start living again and try and protect our old folks. We can't shut down the world forever.
Bubonic plague lasted 3 or 4 years. We travel a lot more nowadays. I think it spreads much more rapidly. He's the first one I've heard suggest it will stay at pandemic stage that long.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:42 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,523,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Thanks China!! Wonderful thing you did for us there!! Burn in hell China!!
China is in exile on the island of Taiwan. The ones who did this are the communists illegally occupying the region known as mainland China.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:48 PM
bu2

Quote:
Actually, it's the corporations who are in control of the government. And they by extension control us. I'm certainly not naive enough to think the government, i.e., Dems and Reps care one whit about us everyday people.

Aside from that, I'm speaking in relation to Covid. My simple and humble advice: wear a mask and socially distance. At least it's a start in helping to mitigate the effects of this virus.
Wrong advice. Big 5:

1) WASH hands thoroughly;
2) Socially distance;
3) Avoid large crowds;
4) Stay home if you are sick;
5) Especially avoid people with masks because they probably don't know how to wear them and don't socially distance.

And a mask might help you keep from spreading it if you wear it properly during the first couple of days when you are sick and don't realize it.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:50 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Which political aisle tends to be on the side of science and medicine? i.e. the predominantly apolitical arena that cares most about the best interests of everyday patients.
The Libertarians?

Its sure not the Democrats who make it up as they go along.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:52 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times
We need rapid spot testing. Why isn't that the priority right now?

Old 08-04-2020, 08:04 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Why listen to the silly old WHO.

The virus is going to just disappear...like magic.

I think Trump said that in March.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies