Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 04:23 PM

23,200 posts, read 12,310,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Oh please. You just parrot, "leftist conspiracy theory", to any news you don't like.

Try doing some reading. The reports radical right-wingers infiltrating peaceful BLM protests aren't hard to find. Men tied to 'boogaloo' movement conspired to spark protest violence in Las Vegas, feds say
Well there's those 3 guys, I figured they were out there somewhere. They got them, good.
Three guys out of many hundreds or thousands, yeah, okay. The numbers really aren't in your corner.

Quote:
Far-right extremists keep showing up at BLM protests. Are they behind the violence?

So yes, this is happening. There's not many BLM activists being arrested for violence, although you can find a few of them as well. Again, my point is that the violence is coming from both sides and the middle. If you think it's only coming from the left then you simply aren't being honest with yourself.

Yes I do. 80% of the protests have been peaceful according to research. https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/knowledg...-all-50-states
So basically you have no idea what you're talking about.
Hmm, okay. So that site watches videos and reading posts on social media and watch news sites .. hey, kinda like I do except I prefer local news sites over corporate media sites. Odd how they can claim that the protests are peaceful, yanno, when a lot of those videos showing rocks, water bottles, etc., being thrown, buildings being burned, explosives being throw, cars being blocked, people being shot, stabbed, threatened,etc.

"There's not many BLM activists being arrested for violence"
How would you know? Did you read the link in the OP, where it pretty much says that they aren't even trying to find out what groups people belong to.

Sure there might be some very, very small numbers of people who might be far right-wing, center, no-wing in those people. But, they are most likely overwhelmed by the high numbers of the far left-wing blm and antifa. You're thinking that blm and antifa has not been violent over the past 4+ years, when they had been. If you don't know that, if you haven't been watching the videos, reading local news stories, reading posts, etc., now and over the past few years, and all you do is watch the msn then "you're the one who no idea what you're talking about".

Quote:
LOL, so predictable. Not one of you guys who parrot Carlson and Hannity anti-liberal talking points EVER admit to watching them, and yet they remain the most watched right wing propagandists in the country even though no one watches them. It's amazing!
Do I care if you believe me? Nope. I don't get my news and talking points from Don Lemon or Mika B. like you do, either.

Quote:
The ADL has compiled a list of the misinformation that you guys have been spreading. Take a look, and I think you'll find every single one of your talking points are listed. https://www.adl.org/resources/report...e-blm-protests

Here's the summary:

"Researchers in ADL’s Center on Extremism documented a range of examples of disinformation related to the protests. These campaigns often included the deliberate mischaracterization of groups or movements, such as portraying activists who support Black Lives Matter as violent extremists or claiming that antifa is a terrorist organization coordinated or manipulated by nebulous external forces. ADL’s researchers found evidence of white supremacists creating or promoting some of these fabricated claims and rumors to further their own agendas. Certain pieces of disinformation which originally appeared years ago have reemerged in the context of the current protests. In some cases, unsubstantiated rumors migrated from digital platforms to physical-world responses."

Sounds exactly like you, doesn't it?
LOL. That group would list me as "extremist-related and hate-based" for just speaking out against the protesters. gmab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2020, 04:28 PM
bu2

23,974 posts, read 14,766,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Reuters is slipping in their "just the facts" high-mindedness. AP has already gone.
AP was already gone even before President Trump.

Old 08-05-2020, 04:29 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,712,646 times
Quote:
The ADL has compiled a list of the misinformation that you guys have been spreading. Take a look, and I think you'll find every single one of your talking points are listed. https://www.adl.org/resources/report...e-blm-protests

Here's the summary:

"Researchers in ADL’s Center on Extremism documented a range of examples of disinformation related to the protests. These campaigns often included the deliberate mischaracterization of groups or movements, such as portraying activists who support Black Lives Matter as violent extremists or claiming that antifa is a terrorist organization coordinated or manipulated by nebulous external forces. ADL’s researchers found evidence of white supremacists creating or promoting some of these fabricated claims and rumors to further their own agendas. Certain pieces of disinformation which originally appeared years ago have reemerged in the context of the current protests. In some cases, unsubstantiated rumors migrated from digital platforms to physical-world responses."

Sounds exactly like you, doesn't it?
LOL at you sourcing the ADL and thinking they're in any way shape or form credible. The ADL is an anti-hate non-profit that long since ran out of dragons to slay, but doesn't want to cease to exist. So these days, they have to invent new pretend dragons to slay.

Old 08-05-2020, 04:33 PM
bu2

23,974 posts, read 14,766,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
LOL at you sourcing the ADL and thinking they're in any way shape or form credible. The ADL is an anti-hate non-profit that long since ran out of dragons to slay, but doesn't want to cease to exist. So these days, they have to invent new pretend dragons to slay.
Well they could start with the Democratic party they back so solidly.

Old 08-05-2020, 04:49 PM

13,168 posts, read 21,764,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Well there's those 3 guys, I figured they were out there somewhere. They got them, good.
Three guys out of many hundreds or thousands, yeah, okay. The numbers really aren't in your corner.

Hmm, okay. So that site watches videos and reading posts on social media and watch news sites .. hey, kinda like I do except I prefer local news sites over corporate media sites. Odd how they can claim that the protests are peaceful, yanno, when a lot of those videos showing rocks, water bottles, etc., being thrown, buildings being burned, explosives being throw, cars being blocked, people being shot, stabbed, threatened,etc.

"There's not many BLM activists being arrested for violence"
How would you know? Did you read the link in the OP, where it pretty much says that they aren't even trying to find out what groups people belong to.

Sure there might be some very, very small numbers of people who might be far right-wing, center, no-wing in those people. But, they are most likely overwhelmed by the high numbers of the far left-wing blm and antifa. You're thinking that blm and antifa has not been violent over the past 4+ years, when they had been. If you don't know that, if you haven't been watching the videos, reading local news stories, reading posts, etc., now and over the past few years, and all you do is watch the msn then "you're the one who no idea what you're talking about".

Do I care if you believe me? Nope. I don't get my news and talking points from Don Lemon or Mika B. like you do, either.

LOL. That group would list me as "extremist-related and hate-based" for just speaking out against the protesters. gmab.

See the difference? I give facts and references, you give feelings and emotions. So noted, and trivially discarded.

Old 08-05-2020, 04:49 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,149,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
You are being told that antifa is a figment of conservative imaginations because it is. It`s their new bogeyman. Sharpton, Jackson and Soros have been kicked to the curb.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...940_story.html
try again.

Quote:
sure they are. In Portland, aka the Rose City...

https://www.facebook.com/sometimesan...0GSXJdyFfjhMbY

21K likes/followers

Old 08-05-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Nope. I’m willing to tell you that the violence was by and large caused by people with no affiliation to any organization. Just a bunch of losers taking advantage of the situation to break stuff.

This is the same group of people who riot after a sports team wins a championship. When i see that, I don’t think “wow, these are some organized agitators.”
The playbook is extensive, but shallow.

Day 60+ now. How long do sports celebratory riots last?

Old 08-05-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Because all of the following is purely a figment of everyone's deranged imagination:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2TGu76zOCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuxzRGeimjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO6UtEBNTlo

I've been following this since noticing that some faction on the Left was going so far and so crazy that they were violently shutting down opposing political rallies in 2016. I learned about Antifa way back then and I know for a fact that they are very real.

But I'm sure you believe that it's all just imaginary. It's purely coincidental that a bunch of people just randomly show up:
  • at exactly the same place
  • at exactly the same time
  • wearing exactly the same thing
  • chanting the same rehearsed slogan perfectly in sync
  • carrying and displaying the same flags and symbols
  • violently attacking anyone they identify as a "fascist" - typically just some random person on the street

The following symbols just keep randomly being created, and only happen to look exactly the same every single time this group -- which doesn't even exist -- shows up:

None of that's real. Just a figment of our imagination, am I right?
since I can't rep you...

I will say, if you ONLY date it to 2016, you're actually behind the times. The Portland Antifa Facebook page was created in 2008.

This seems to have spawned out of the Occupy protests (2011), or vice versa.

Old 08-05-2020, 05:01 PM

23,200 posts, read 12,310,921 times
Quote:
See the difference? I give facts and references, you give feelings and emotions. So noted, and trivially discarded.
Lol, some facts and references. From sites that get their info from combing social media, etc., and one that is far left.

If you're so bent on discarding the obvious truth to pin all what's has been happening on a few, a very few at that, boogaloo bois then you'd should do better than the b.s. you're trying to peddle.

At least I can admit that those bois might be doing some of the destruction themselves, but since there seems to be so few of them (from your own link, yanno) it's not much. Most is done by antifa and blm, but you cannot even admit they are involved with any of it.

Old 08-05-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
That was one example. You want more? How about the Boogaloo Bois showing up at BLM protests with the sole intent to fight the police? https://www.middlebury.edu/institute...en-anti-racist

My point is this. The vast majority of BLM protestors are peaceful. The people causing the violence are NOT doing in the name of BLM. They are just as likely to be right-wing radicals as they are left-wing, or even just apolitical troublemakers, despite what Hannity and Tucker Carlson tell you.
On this, I think most would agree.

A protest that draws 5,000 - no, they're not all rioters. Not even 2,501 of them (a majority). But the rioters spring from the 5,000 and it's important for the 4,900 to decry and stop the 100 ... since the 100 are seen as part of their group.

As far as any bull **** claim of "just as likely" well, on that you should just recant. Stick to the "majority of protestors are peaceful" instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies