Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 06:01 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes. Why would he drive through a police barricade if he was not looking for confrontation?

Driving into a crowd of Anti-Farts is stupid, but if you are looking for a confrontation, then that is a sure way to find it. Even the Bible teaches you should stay away from such foolishness.

"Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own." Proverb 26:17

Where in the video did he drive through a police barricade and if he did, why didn't the police charge him with anything?

Keep your protests out of the road!

I have no idea why people think that blocking traffic is a legitimate form of protest.

Your first amendment rights end where my rights begin.

You have the right to speak but you don't have the right to force anyone to listen to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 06:06 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Where in the video did he drive through a police barricade and if he did, why didn't the police charge him with anything?

Keep your protests out of the road!

I have no idea why people think that blocking traffic is a legitimate form of protest.

Your first amendment rights end where my rights begin.

You have the right to speak but you don't have the right to force anyone to listen to you.
There is no proof that police set up barricades, but local reporting states they were set up by protestors.

Then they squeal like victims when a regular citizen rightfully pushes back.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:08 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
There is no video of him driving through any barricade, but that is what he did, and someone mentioned it was a police barricade. Why would he drive through any kind of barricade unless he was seeking confrontation? Was he under the influence? I don't know, but apparently the incident is under investigation. The motorcyclist sacrificed his bike for nothing, unless the insurance pays him (which I doubt). The guy in the pickup truck also damaged his truck for no gain.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:14 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Can you imagine the call to his insurance agency the next day?

I'm sure it will buff out

Edit, video won't embed for some reason, have to use the link.

https://youtu.be/bTaQ_u0EPI4

Instant Karma right there ! That is awesome. Sadly though, I'm sure the guy in the truck is going to be in trouble.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Might have been useful to show the driver blowing through a fence set up in the street to divert traffic from the pedestrian protesters, but then that wouldn't have been near the narrative y'all are salivating over. Safe to assume in this day and age if the driver was willing to driver through a fence, they well might be willing to run over pedestrians as well. The motorcycle put in the path of the vehicle was an attempt to mitigate any danger that may have presented itself.
Is there a link to the article ? The police set up a fence to divert traffic ?

Old 08-06-2020, 06:15 AM

9,977 posts, read 5,675,804 times
Quote:
Yes, bad moves on both sides. Much like the shooter in Austin, this guy was also looking for confrontation. If he drove through a police barricade, he might not be able to use self-defense argument (which I am sure he planned to do).
Yeah, he was "looking for a confrontation" with the aggressive provocation of driving a vehicle on a public street. And I imagine he still gets to claim "self defense" if he's fleeing a mob who is smashing out his windows with crowbars and drives through a barricade set up BY THAT MOB in the process of fleeing.

What the hell is with you people who defend these lawless animals doing their damnedest to destroy civil society? Do you think they won't come after YOU in a heartbeat if given the chance?

Old 08-06-2020, 06:16 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
There is no video of him driving through any barricade, but that is what he did, and someone mentioned it was a police barricade. Why would he drive through any kind of barricade unless he was seeking confrontation? Was he under the influence? I don't know, but apparently the incident is under investigation. The motorcyclist sacrificed his bike for nothing, unless the insurance pays him (which I doubt). The guy in the pickup truck also damaged his truck for no gain.

1) Because he as a valid motor vehicle operator has a right to be on the road.

2) Because the barricades were set up by the rioters who DON'T have a right to be in the road in order to stop traffic and harass the drivers.

3) To get away from the rioters hitting his truck with crowbars, bottles and bricks before they could drag him out of it.

Any more stupid questions?.

How you can defend these punk puke rioters is beyond me.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
He should have backed up so he could have drove around the motorcycle. He returned stupidity with more stupidity.
What is wrong with you ? Did you not see the backglass being blown out, the windshield smashed...what would have happened next ? Do you really think the driver of the truck could have gotten out and tried to rationalize with these children having a temper tantrum ?

It really is baffling how you and several others on this site actually side with these criminals. How has the world wronged you so badly that you have lost all sense of rationality ?

Old 08-06-2020, 06:21 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Yeah, he was "looking for a confrontation" with the aggressive provocation of driving a vehicle on a public street. And I imagine he still gets to claim "self defense" if he's fleeing a mob who is smashing out his windows with crowbars and drives through a barricade set up BY THAT MOB in the process of fleeing.

What the hell is with you people who defend these lawless animals doing their damnedest to destroy civil society? Do you think they won't come after YOU in a heartbeat if given the chance?

A hungry crocodile is a hungry crocodile. The one who gets eaten last still gets eaten.

Those defending the crocodile, be assured that he will get you too.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:26 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Do you think they won't come after YOU in a heartbeat if given the chance?
They probably would go after anyone who drives through a barricade, and into a crowd.

The obvious question is why on earth would I do such foolish thing? I don't make other people's quarrels my own. If I am driving and see a protest ahead of me, be it BLM, TP, Antifa, or anything else, I would simply take another path. What is the point of driving through a barricade and then through a crowd of people?

"Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies