Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2020, 10:03 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times

Advertisements

Trump has no leadership qualities and it shows. A very, very petty man with thin skin.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:31 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Every informed and intelligent person understands that Trump cannot play dictator and understand that democrat governors and mayors own the violence.
Really? Trump is already playing dictator. Every intelligent person knows that. Our country is in a crisis with this pandemic which he has just forgotten about. People are hurting, they have lost their jobs and healthcare. Businesses are closing for good. Our economy is spiraling downward. There is just no end in sight with our losses. And you and Trump are focused on the riots in some cities. Trump needs to focus on this virus

Old 09-01-2020, 10:32 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
It has me laughing. Only a complete moron could buy the lies being peddled in that ad. Of course, the target audience is the Democrat base, so in that sense it's effective.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It has me laughing. Only a complete moron could buy the lies being peddled in that ad. Of course, the target audience is the Democrat base, so in that sense it's effective.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...mocrats-349184

Quote:
How has one renegade super PAC managed to trigger Trump and his allies so thoroughly? Part of it is surely frustration that a group of Republicans would issue a full-throated endorsement of Joe Biden. Part of it is skill: The Lincoln Project ads are slick, quick and filled with damning quotes and unflattering photos. But part of it might just be that Republicans are better at this than Democrats. Trump may sense that these ads are especially dangerous because they pack an emotional punch, using imagery designed to provoke anxiety, anger and fear—aimed at the very voters who were driven to him by those same feelings in 2016. And history, even science, suggests that might in fact be the case—that Republicans have a knack for scaring the hell out of people, and that makes for some potent ads.
Nope. Coming after YOU.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:39 PM

1,381 posts, read 1,774,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
But didn't you say yesterday the new ads were "blistering"? So today's watch word is "seething"? Can you give us a preview of what tomorrow's word is?
Guess you'll have to wait and see. Get the popcorn ready...

Old 09-01-2020, 10:40 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
You didn't read my comment, did you? I'm laughing at the ad, and not apprehensive about it in the least. The desperation of the establishment is rearing its ugly head and I'm loving every minute of it. They know their time is up, again, because they badly miscalculated by fomenting and supporting riots across the country.

I just don't get how supposedly normal American citizens like you are so aghast at the prospect of the establishment getting trounced by Trump again. What is it about the establishment's performance for the decades prior to Trump that makes you such a shill for their interests?

Old 09-01-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You seem to forget the 2016 debates where Trump insulted everyone....little Marco, lying Ted and on and on. He tries to belittle with his stupid names. These are personal attacks, especially when he went after Fiorina's looks. That's as low as you can go....attack a women's looks because you perceive them as a threat. I don't recall any democratic president doing that. And neither do you.
And let's not forget his reprehensible remark about McCain getting captured. Where does Trump get off saying such a thing when he himself has never served this country?

Then there's birtherism, mocking the reporter... I can go on forever.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:53 PM

407 posts, read 1,558,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I'm not sure about that, it's a reminder of life in Trump's America, Biden isn't president and he don't control these cities where the protest is going on. This is all going down on Trump's watch, so the Biden people can run the same type of ads, showing life in Trump's America.
Exactly, this is what puzzles me. Why is it so difficult for his followers to understand that THIS IS Trumps America? He's been in office three and a half years and is spouting off how once he gets re-elected he'll fix all this. Does he have big dinner plans so he can't work on it now? Excuse me, he is fanning the flames to CAUSE all this. If he can't do anything but talk tough now, who the heck thinks he'll miraculously come up with "a plan" in November/January? A good first step would be for him to just BUTT OUT and flush his Twitter feed down the toilet.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:54 PM

It's pretty ironic how you Trump supporters are dismissing the ad as "juvenile" when Trump himself acts like a whiny 3rd grader.

Trump may try his best to change the subject so that the riots -- and not the coronavirus -- consume people's minds. But rest assured people will not forget; Biden won't allow that to happen.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You didn't read my comment, did you? I'm laughing at the ad, and not apprehensive about it in the least. The desperation of the establishment is rearing its ugly head and I'm loving every minute of it. They know their time is up, again, because they badly miscalculated by fomenting and supporting riots across the country.

I just don't get how supposedly normal American citizens like you are so aghast at the prospect of the establishment getting trounced by Trump again. What is it about the establishment's performance for the decades prior to Trump that makes you such a shill for their interests?
You didn't read the article.

They are VERY effective at leveraging conservative 'fear'. I wouldn't doubt their efforts have swung suburban 'housewives' away from Trump.

It's very effective- and very much a right wing ad hit job. Very poignant and very, very effective. These guys and gals are guerrilla warfare politico's. They've made Trump and his team respond so they are doing exactly what they want him to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies