Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 10:43 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times

Advertisements

Roberts is like an overflowing dumpster, he just smells dirty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 10:45 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
What would be your explanation on why a Conservative Judge flips to Liberal like Roberts has? How about a bit of intellectual effort on your part?

Since you seem to have already convicted Roberts, WHAT can you point to that without doubt shows Roberts making decisions contradicting the Constitution?

Old 08-06-2020, 10:48 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Q followers have known for many months that Chief Justice Roberts was being blackmailed, which might explain his odd rulings.
The only thing "odd" about John Roberts' rulings is that he follows precedent, the Constitution and a strict reading of the law, rather than just voting the way conservatives want him to vote.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:51 AM

9,983 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont buy that for a second!

If a 'Supreme court justice' turned up in one of these investigations, the FBI, wouldnt be 'sitting him down', the justice HIMSELF, would be telling the FBI how things are going to go and that they will erase his name and any connection to this case!

By itself, the FBI, doesnt have enough power to target a Supreme Court justice, I doubt they would even attempt it either.
Of course they do. Abe Fortas was forced out of the USSC for far less than what is alleged against Roberts.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:55 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And what exactly are the "facts" in this case?
We don't know yet.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:01 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Q followers have known for many months that Chief Justice Roberts was being blackmailed, which might explain his odd rulings. A 'John Roberts' is in the flight logs. Nothing officially confirmed yet. "Judge" for yourself

Early Tuesday morning, a whistleblower who allegedly works in the federal circuit revealed a Supreme Court justice was seen in various “Epstein tapes” that were recently recovered by investigators.

The shocking part is the canary [Ghislaine?] is telling the feds a certain nation state has been blackmailing this gentleman since prior to his nomination to SCOTUS. What does this mean? This justice was hand picked at the highest levels specifically because he was being controlled via blackmail. [Like most politicians?]

The “nation state” that has been blackmailing the justice was later confirmed to be “one of the 5 eyes” [US, UK, Canada, NZ, Australia]

The SCOTUS justice on the tapes – it is being rumored in the federal court community – has sat down with the FBI to roll on a previous president AND wife [Bill and Hill?] in an effort to keep his position, or more likely, be allowed to gracefully retire before the next SCOTUS term.

“If I were going to predict the future we are going to see a resignation in about 2-3 weeks as the last of the SCOTUS cases for this term are just about done.”

My guess would be for 'health reasons' or 'wants to spend more time with his family.'

https://cloverchronicle.com/2020/07/...g-blackmailed/
Well now.
2020 just keeps getting crazier. And if I were Bill Clinton, I think I would be loading up the nearest airplane and flying to a country with a non extradition treaty.

But then again, Clinton's been in trouble countless times before and nothing ever happens.

Never mind.

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 08-06-2020 at 11:11 AM..

Old 08-06-2020, 11:06 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
If true, then we might actually see the Impeachment process utilized for what it was actually intended for: Removal of a person so provably and hopelessly corrupt that they have to be removed in order to preserve the sactity of their office.

This is a massive accusation. It requires massive proof. You should never go charging blindly into impeachment proceedings on the flimsiest of grounds like the Dems did last year. You better be damn sure this is for real and seriously criminal before you even consider the removal of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

We'll see how it all shakes out.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
These antics are to be expected from the FBI, they have been doing this same exact thing from the day they were created!! They dig up 'dirt' on people in high positions and use it against them for their own benefit... FBI has been doing this for decades, they are very skilled at this art form.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
I choose to wait for something more than hearsay from an anonymous person who claims........

Old 08-06-2020, 11:12 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
A friend of mine who is an attorney and recently ran for a local judge's seat just posted this on Facebook. I thought it relevant to the topic of the thread, even though it was actually in reference to a link to the Business Insider story about Pence calling Roberts a "disappointment to conservatives".

Her FB comments:
This is really quite disgusting. A judge or justice’s job is not to do the bidding of a party, Congress or the President. This is what our Vice President seems to be disappointed by. This is misguided, at best, and, at worst, it is a call for judges/justices to be the “Yes” man or woman of a particular party. There is a separation of powers for this very reason. A judge/justice needs to be fair, impartial, and uphold our Constitution. This is essentially a call to ignore those duties.

Last edited by hooligan; 08-06-2020 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Clarity, I hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies