Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be voting in person in November?
Yes, I will be voting on Election Day! 85 46.20%
Yes, I will be voting in person, but I may do early voting. 32 17.39%
No, I plan to use a mail-in ballot. 53 28.80%
Still considering my options. 14 7.61%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 08:13 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
This.

I vote early and drop my ballot off in the locked ballot box at the police station. I can track it online. I have no worries.
I am against vote in mail and absentee ballots but I believe you made the right choice by using the men in blue instead the lazy, crooked and untrustworthy US Postal employees to handle your vote, which is unconstitutional because the vote is not like any regular letter but a constitutional individual right with a very sensitive information that should be handled and counted only be the trained and qualified personnel of the Counties Electoral Departments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2020, 08:15 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times
Mail in. Like I have done every year for the past decade plus.

I get confirmation emails when it is mailed to me and when it is received.

Colorado has the best system in the nation. It should be the norm.

Old 08-07-2020, 08:39 AM

1,154 posts, read 366,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
I am against vote in mail and absentee ballots but I believe you made the right choice by using the men in blue instead the lazy, crooked and untrustworthy US Postal employees to handle your vote, which is unconstitutional because the vote is not like any regular letter but a constitutional individual right with a very sensitive information that should be handled and counted only be the trained and qualified personnel of the Counties Electoral Departments.
Our police don’t handle the ballots; the police station parking lot is just the location of the ballot box. I would not have any problem mailing my ballot, but the station is right down the street from me, and it makes for a nice walk.

Old 08-07-2020, 08:57 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times
Quote:
The post office doesn’t count ballots. This is ridiculous.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:01 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
I am against vote in mail and absentee ballots but I believe you made the right choice by using the men in blue ....
1. Mail in and absentee voting has been successfully used since st least the Civil War era in the country. Military servicemembers frequently use it as do politicians (including the current president) and expats.

2. The "men in blue" are not used - just their parking lot. The police do not collect or deliver ballots.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:32 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
1. Mail in and absentee voting has been successfully used since st least the Civil War era in the country. Military servicemembers frequently use it as do politicians (including the current president) and expats.

2. The "men in blue" are not used - just their parking lot. The police do not collect or deliver ballots.
All I can say if you do not understand how the MILITARY DPO/FPO/APO and pouch mail system works overseas, don't depend on the votes being there on time, especially with Covid. but:

Report: Only Half of the States Give Military and Overseas Voters Adequate Time to Vote

https://www.ncsl.org/research/milita...as-voters.aspx

Some Military Votes May Not Be Counted
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...oryId=96437123

Many of the 1.4 million active-duty U.S. military personnel stationed or deployed overseas will not know whether their absentee ballots have reached their home states to be counted.

https://publicintegrity.org/accounta...en-are-flawed/

Old 08-07-2020, 09:33 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
No, just got our mail in voting applications.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:33 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
My wife & I will be voting by mail. Safe & secure.

Old 08-07-2020, 10:20 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
All I can say if you do not understand how the MILITARY DPO/FPO/APO and pouch mail system works overseas, don't depend on the votes being there on time, especially with Covid. but:

Report: Only Half of the States Give Military and Overseas Voters Adequate Time to Vote

https://www.ncsl.org/research/milita...as-voters.aspx

Some Military Votes May Not Be Counted
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...oryId=96437123

Many of the 1.4 million active-duty U.S. military personnel stationed or deployed overseas will not know whether their absentee ballots have reached their home states to be counted.

https://publicintegrity.org/accounta...en-are-flawed/
So the solution is not allowing them to vote at all then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies