Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 05:30 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Stop the false flag attempt, as you do not seem the type to have been a NRA member to begin with.

Additionally, all you have is an accusation of a liberal/leftist AG who was hell bent on attacking and destroying the NRA when she was campaigning for the job.

How much faith would you have in an AG who said Planned Parenthood was a terrorist organization, and then that same AG said their goals was to shut them down based on possible improprieties by a few of their officers?

Heck, if all you need to destroy an entire organization is to get a few top people, then why has the DNC not been totally dismantled over several of their top people doing unscrupulous things?

`
Nothing is false COMRADE.

You have no idea of my background and no right to judge me. It's all politics. Rules are rules. When it gets to hot the get out of the kitchen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 05:32 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
NRA is supposed to be a non-profit tax-exempt organization. As such, they are required to use the money ONLY for the purpose of the non-profit.

All non-profits are subsidized by the tax payers - the government is essentially giving them back all their taxes for the purpose of them doing non-profit work.

They are free to promote candidates that support gun rights. But they CANNOT use the organization as a slush fund for its senior members. That is literally the top one thing a non-profit cannot do.

I doubt that NRA stooges won't even reply to your post.

Old 08-07-2020, 05:02 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Yup. The self dealing and enrichment is what's going to get them. There are two entities involved- The NRA and the NRA Foundation (est. Wash D.C.). Just that alone uncovered millions of dollars being loaned from the NRA Foundation (which is governed by rules that ALL $ must go to charitable causes) to the NRA, and then the NY suit uncovered a siphoning of $64 million (MILLION) for personal excesses for executives, partners, associates, wives- you name it.

Most of the shenanigans occurred without Board of Directors approval- another HUGE issue..

I knew LaPierre was a slime when he took the reins. I support a lot of charities- Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.. All three I can readily obtain and legibly understand their annual financial statements. They are audited. The NRA? I got lost with them over 15 years ago so I quit being a paying member. I'm not giving my money to any organization that isn't transparent.

The 2A stands as is. Maybe someday the NRA will devolve back to their old core and then I'll look at them again.
NRA members should be furious at LaPierre and others for using it as a piggy bank for him and his family. This was the problem that caused Colonel North to be kicked out by the board but it was more than just LaPierre's suits.

Family trips to the Bahamas, Safari's gifts to friends, you would think that he could pay his own way on his salary. Also secured a post employment $17M contract that didn't go through the board.

This should be interesting.

Old 08-07-2020, 05:16 AM

6,356 posts, read 4,173,212 times
Obviously just another political move by an extreme liberal who continues to do more to try and divide and gain support for her political party❗️

All of this gun control talk has done a great job to encourage the middle of the road folks to get out and buy guns in order to protect themselves and their family. Between the police defunding movement and violent so called and reported, peaceful protesting, gun and ammo sales have been off the charts.

There are virtually no guns available to buy as well as ammunition since their rhetoric has promoted massive sales and shortages. I would guess this is an accurate indicator as to how the average citizen feels about all that’s going on politically in this country.

New York and Chicago are gun free areas yet they’ve been experiencing more shootings than areas where guns are legal to own. So much for the gun control theory and perhaps the NY AG should be more focused on cleaning up her City rather than cooking up this political stunt for her own personnel exposure which just might ultimately work against her and her liberal cronies

Old 08-07-2020, 05:21 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
The NRA is making the Teamster union's of the 80's look clean.

NRA and it's foundation has now become the place to steal member's money.

Old 08-07-2020, 05:28 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
I didn't read every post but it was clear to me that there are several NRA members in the thread. Did they say a word about their dues going to fund vacations instead of its intended purpose? No I didn't see a lot of that. Instead they they took this thread as an opportunity to bash liberals. Again.

I think that says a lot about the NRA membership. So go ahead, keep funding rich guy's beach trips with your checks. Keep defending a corrupt organization who is stealing your money, just as Trump stole from his charity which was something his supporters were perfectly OK with as well. What do I care? It's your money not mine.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 08-07-2020 at 05:41 AM..

Old 08-07-2020, 05:51 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
And to those condemning this as ‘ a liberal political whack job ‘, uh the New York AG has A LOT of detailed info in her initial release. How do you suppose she got it it? The tooth fairy?

Some NRA insiders blew the whistle. Ollie North-
Quote:
In an April 24, 2019 letter to the executive committee of the NRA board, North said that he was forming a committee to investigate alleged financial improprieties, allegations which he said threatened the NRA's non-profit status.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_North

I’ll be happy to see LaPierre hung out to dry.

Last edited by Threerun; 08-07-2020 at 06:18 AM..

Old 08-07-2020, 06:22 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
The NRA has had years of financial mismanagement issues. It’s honestly surprising how long it took for the state to insist on dissolving it.
"The NRA has had years of financial mismanagement issues."

CORRECTION, the NRA is ACCESSED HUGE difference.

Anyone who calls the NRA a "Terrorist " organization cannot betaken serious!

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-07-2020 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-07-2020, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Nope, the left isn't coming for our guns at all! It's never gonna happen. You can't dissolve a private entity because you disagree with them.
"Nope, the left isn't coming for our guns at all!" Tell that to the people of New Orleans after Katrina.

Tell that to dems like diane fienstein. obama tried to get ANOTHER so called "assault" weapons ban and biden SUPPORTED it.

It is OBVIOUS you do NOT keep up with what the anti guns dems do state by state.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Nice try, but an epic failure.

The NY-AG called the NRA a terrorist organization back when she was running in 2017. So she is hardly a neutral arbiter, trying to ferret out crime.
At best, even if the NRA has some questionable finances or broke a few laws, she only goes after political foes.

Additionally, this is nothing more than a legal attempt at cancel culture. She and the leftists know how effective the NRA is in protecting the 2nd Amendment, and they need to try and destroy any and all moderate and conservative organizations trying to protect our freedoms and constitutional republic.

`
Heaven forbid the NY AG go after ALL the ILLEGAL guns and their ownwers in her state, but she has time to go rafter the NRA!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies