Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 01:49 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times

Advertisements

It will be so nice to see Trump and family out of the White House and in the jail house where they belong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 01:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Deutsche Bank gave Donald Trump financial records to New York prosecutors - report

The cat is out of the bag. Likely fraud and racketeering charges.

Will Biden pardon Trump ?
Probably not, but like with Ford and Nixon, he probably should.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
It will be so nice to see Trump and family out of the White House and in the jail house where they belong.
It makes for a nice fantasy, but in reality, I don’t want to see a former President in jail. It’s undignified...not for him, but for the nation itself. It smacks of Banana Republicanism. It’s not befitting of a nation like ours.

I hate the thought of Trump being pardoned, but I’d either pardon him or commute his sentence at a minimum.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:59 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Deutsche Bank gave Donald Trump financial records to New York prosecutors - report

The cat is out of the bag. Likely fraud and racketeering charges.

Will Biden pardon Trump ?
Deutsche Bank turned over the records last year - Vance has nothing.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:04 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It makes for a nice fantasy, but in reality, I don’t want to see a former President in jail. It’s undignified...not for him, but for the nation itself. It smacks of Banana Republicanism. It’s not befitting of a nation like ours.

I hate the thought of Trump being pardoned, but I’d either pardon him or commute his sentence at a minimum.
I'm happy to see him lose lawsuit after lawsuit once he leaves the WH and having to sell his assets to pay for all that.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:15 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
While I agree with you, I just think it’s a stretch to claim criminal fraud, without a victim.

We shall see, it sure seems like they are just digging without a clear purpose.
As I understand it, the investigation is based upon Michael Cohen's testimony before Congress.

This has been reported elsewhere, but Trump routinely over valued assets when filing for bank loans, which is a crime (it is a crime whether the bank complains or not). He appears to have simultaneously under valued the same properties for tax purposes, also a crime (also a crime whether the taxing body complains or not). Many of such offences may be beyond the statute of limitations.

The bank fraud case is very interesting because knowing the values of the collateral were misrepresented, the bank loaned the money anyway, they also took it out of the commercial banking division and handled it through personal banking.

Deutsche Bank has already been previously fined for being a conduit for laundering money from Russia. It is roughly known about how much money was handled by the bank, but the destinations of that money are not entirely clear.

Deutsche Bank fined for $10 billion Russian money-laundering scheme

In a scheme like this, the bank can approve a loan if someone else guarantees it. The most likely scenario is that the Russian mobster trying to move the cash will guarantee the loan himself, and hold harmless the bank if the recipient defaults. The bank is merely acting as a facilitator in a transaction, they are not loaning their own money, they just take a little skim for themselves by processing the transaction and the payments. It's a lot like mortgage processing.

Of course, in a case like this the guarantor will go straight after the borrower if there is a default. If an irate Russian mobster is on your ass it would be nice to have the US Secret Service watching over you. Just sayin' ...

Old 08-06-2020, 04:25 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Deutsche Bank turned over the records last year - Vance has nothing.
I believe they were sealed while the court was deliberating.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:32 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I believe they were sealed while the court was deliberating.
No, they weren't.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:02 PM

6,103 posts, read 2,725,398 times
Biden has stated in the past he would not.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:23 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Trump says we may not see him for awhile, because he lowered the drug prices, and it may be only time we could do it and a lot of very rich people are going to be angry about it

https://twitter.com/anonpatriotq/sta...72627941486593
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies