Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 10:02 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
They're now the hole in the donut shop.

To me, hating all police because a few behave in an evil manner is no different than DJT besmirching all illegal immigrants just because a few are rapists. There are bad people in every sufficiently large group.
Please define a few. I don't like Trump. didn't vote for him and won't vote for him, but he never said all illegals are rapists.

I will help you though. In the military we called 3 or more "Many". Many illegals are in fact rapists. Many illegals are in fact murderers. Many illegals smuggle drugs. Many illegals are in fact convicted criminals. All illegals are in fact breaking a number of laws, working here illegally, driving illegally, using false ID's, someone else's SSN's. In short there is no such thing as an innocent illegal. They are not victims, they are willing participants. You use a false equivalency.

The police as a group unlike illegals are doing a public serve and more often than not are role models. You really don't want to compare numbers of people wrongly killed by the police to how many people have been harmed by illegals. The difference is that you don't have the Democratic Party making excuses for the police and looking to grant Amnesty for their crimes.

There is nothing honorable or acceptable about any illegals. The police? Many are honorable and many have risked their lives and sacrificed their lives for others.

No, you make a false equivalency and it is insulting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2020, 10:20 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I remember when Dunkies used to make the donuts in the store... Wish they still did that.
So is that why they taste so bad? They get them out of a freezer and heat them up? I wondered why they are so dry and stale and flavorless.

Old 08-07-2020, 10:46 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
So is that why they taste so bad? They get them out of a freezer and heat them up? I wondered why they are so dry and stale and flavorless.
Where we live, the local shops get their donuts from a plant in PA. Each store gets a delivery of frozen donuts everyday. All they have to do is heat them up. It also explains why some of the stores run out hours before they close. For example, when we owned our home, we were within walking distance of a Dunkies. One day, I stopped in about 3 p.m. to get a couple of donuts. All they literally had left were 5 donuts I asked them if they had anymore. The answer was "no". They closed at 9 p.m. and I'm sure that that day they, after I left, no doubt had a lot of ticked off customers.

I remember when they used to make them in each store. Nothing like a freshly made honey dipped donut.

Old 08-07-2020, 11:01 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Privilege is when you can openly insult and mock police, and still know they’re going to answer the call when you need their help.

Liberals should be ashamed for wanting to defund these fine gentlemen.

Old 08-08-2020, 12:06 AM

2,518 posts, read 5,357,099 times
Same thing happened at a Dunkin' Donuts in Brooklyn, back in 2017. Maybe it says something about the people that DD employs.

https://nypost.com/2017/08/03/dunkin...rve-nypd-cops/

Old 08-08-2020, 12:33 AM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Privilege is when you can openly insult and mock police, and still know they’re going to answer the call when you need their help.

I ran out of rep...but...well said

Old 08-08-2020, 02:10 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:

To me, hating all police because a few behave in an evil manner is no different than DJT besmirching all illegal immigrants just because a few are rapists. There are bad people in every sufficiently large group.
Immigration is a legal process requiring documentation and approval. Illegal immigration is an oxymoron. They are criminal, illegal aliens stealing from the taxpayer and you're OK with that?

Old 08-08-2020, 02:18 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BereniceUK View Post
Same thing happened at a Dunkin' Donuts in Brooklyn, back in 2017. Maybe it says something about the people that DD employs.

https://nypost.com/2017/08/03/dunkin...rve-nypd-cops/
So 2 instances vs the plethora of other times it didn't happen? Definitely says something about your lack of a thought process.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:49 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

My rep button ran out of reps! Great post!

Old 08-08-2020, 05:40 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:

Yep, this clown deserved to be fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies