Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 07:33 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you are white, you can't claim to be black, nationality has nothing to do with it. Why does such simple concept fly so high over your head? Of course there are people who are mixed races. No one claimed otherwise.

First you call me a racist, them you put words in my mouth and call me a coward and a sexist for not entertaining your strawman arguments. Sheesh.......

Go play with your legos until you learn how to behave.
You said that one can be black or white, but not both.

I gave you a specific example of a girl who has both genetics and self-identifies as both.

Is she both black and white?

Do you concede that you were wrong to say that you can be one, but not both?

Italian and Irish can be nationality, but it can also be genetic. Can an American national, when speaking of genetics claim to be both Irish and Italian?

You use to make smart comments. Now you are dodging simple questions that blow up your ignorance and making bigoted attacks. Why is "lady" a term you use to insult men with? Isn't that sexist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2020, 07:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The people who don't understand what Biden meant are the same people who if you say... Latino, Lantinx, Cuban, Afro-Cuban, Brazilian, Afro-Brazilian, Mexican, Chicano, Hispanic, Costa Rica, Puerto Rica.........they will stop you and say.... Whatever!
Lol! True.

Old 08-07-2020, 07:37 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
The larger picture here is Biden articulated a complete sentence...by himself

Old 08-07-2020, 07:41 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
You all realize that Trumps absolute max is 15% of the black vote short of Biden showing up in a Klan robe singing the N word and making racist jokes?
Facts. Trump has about 50 years of Racist comments and actions. And his daddy was KKK. After the central Park five it was over for Trump and the black community.

Old 08-07-2020, 07:42 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Goes to show you they may not like the President saying "They are fine people" referencing a group of white supremacists",
That is a lie.

In the interview he clearly condemned the white supremacists.

The fine people he was talking about were the people who supported the Confederate statues out of heritage not hate. He even double backed in that interview to specifically point out that he was not referring to hate groups when he said fine people.

I am assuming that you are making an innocent mistake.

Just remember, the media is propaganda and they lied about this and they will lie again.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/tr...-supremacists/

P.S. I personally don't like Confederate statues.

Old 08-07-2020, 07:49 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The people who don't understand what Biden meant are the same people who if you say... Latino, Lantinx, Cuban, Afro-Cuban, Brazilian, Afro-Brazilian, Mexican, Chicano, Hispanic, Costa Rica, Puerto Rica.........they will stop you and say.... Whatever!
I've never heard of Puerto Rica... where is it?

Old 08-07-2020, 07:54 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
That is a lie.

In the interview he clearly condemned the white supremacists.

The fine people he was talking about were the people who supported the Confederate statues out of heritage not hate. He even double backed in that interview to specifically point out that he was not referring to hate groups when he said fine people.

I am assuming that you are making an innocent mistake.

Just remember, the media is propaganda and they lied about this and they will lie again.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/tr...-supremacists/

P.S. I personally don't like Confederate statues.
No it's not. He said what he said and the recurrent dog whistle remarks are enough to support that. Just like the 'Suburban 'Housewife' scare tactic- "They'll be moving in to your neighborhoods!! We won't let that happen!! fear mongering.

Please.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:44 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Plus it's not uncommon for those living in various African nations to speak English. I've traveled throughout Kenya in the past and most everyone I come in contact with there speak English. In Ethiopia I experienced the same.
They aren’t African-American. Most Africans speak multiple languages, including a Western language.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You said: "How many AAs are white? None

How many whites are black? None"

I think that is a bit racist.

You are denying the fact that people can be dual races.

If you want to argue that Biden is correct on ideological grounds, that statistically speaking self-identified blacks more than any other race in America votes as a block I would agree with you.

When you want to start constricting everyone on genetic grounds as strictly white or black, but not both - well I disagree with that form of racism.

Let me dumb it down a bit for you. I know a nice young lady. Her mom is white and her dad is black. But her dad has very fair skin for a black man - in fact lighter than my skin and I identify as white. This young lady could identify as white or black. If she told you she was white - you wouldn't think she was wrong as she has lighter skin than me and straight long hair. She identifies as both. She is smart and actually got a really nice scholarship for minorities.

In fact, I thought she was white for the longest time until I got to know her better and found out that she is part black and identifies as both.

It is unfair to tell her that she is either white or black, but doesn't belong to both.

It is actually extremely offensive and reminiscent of the racist "one drop rule" - look it up.
That doesn’t change the fact that the Latino community is more diverse than the African-American community. Latinos come from a myriad of nations with various cultures, are often bilingual (Spanish or Portuguese), and are often mixed-race etc. These cultures often have different concerns and viewpoints.

The reason why so many of you find this offensive is because you are focused on race.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I find this facinating that this is a left vs right issue. I am dead middle of the road and if the argument is about diversity and not Biden, I would think that the cultural differences among someone from Haiti vs someone from Trinidad for example, would show cultural diversity. Forget about what Biden said and look at it objectively. Would you say that Japanese and Chinese are the same? If you have Irish and Italian, they are culturally different, but yes they are all white, but wouldn't their cultural differences make them diverse?. Cuban people can be white with freckles. Are we talking about just skin color, or geography? I guess interpretation is in the eye of the beholder which is why it is a left vs right thing.
Yes but the above has nothing to do with African-Americans. African-Americans are a separate ethnic group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies