Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 05:07 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times

Advertisements

Good grief! Trump could eat a Big Mac for lunch and he'd be accused of wanting to destroy every Burger King in America. Why can't journalists stop with the endless hit pieces and get back to just reporting the news??

Old 08-07-2020, 06:17 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Trump is again projecting his failures onto his opponent. That's all Trump has.
Trump is trying his best to split people based on Religion. Anti-Catholic propaganda is all he can do against Biden.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Think Biden was spot on when he said the remarks say more about him ( Trump) than anything else.

Pathetic for Trump to stoop to this level.
Yes Trump projecting his own issues once again.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:24 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
How can you say that? ... and who made YOU the judge of who is a real Catholic?

In support of your argument, do you know what he personally feels? Has he spoken on the subject?

I am pro-Life and I am a Democrat, I really doubt that I am the only one. Show us a link that supports your assertion.
Catholic priest says he denied Joe Biden Holy Communion at Mass in South Carolina because of abortion views
Did you read the link?

In the article you reference:
He wrote that he personally opposes abortion, "but I don't think I have the right to impose my view – on something I accept as a matter of faith – on the rest of society."

Biden is also quoted as saying Roe v. Wade is the "law of the land".

This is precisely correct for a politician. I would expect no less from any religious member of our government, whether that person was a Catholic, an Evangelical Protestant, a Muslim or a Jew or a Hindu or a Mormon or a pagan.

John Kennedy, our first US President of the Catholic Christian Faith said this:
“I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute - where no Catholic prelate would tell the President (should he be Catholic) how to act, and no Protestant minister would tell his parishioners for whom to vote - where no church or church school is granted any public funds or political preference - and where no man is denied public office merely because his religion differs from the President who might appoint him or the people who might elect him.

I believe in an America that is officially neither Catholic, Protestant nor Jewish - where no public official either requests or accepts instructions on public policy from the Pope, the National Council of Churches or any other ecclesiastical source - where no religious body seeks to impose its will directly or indirectly upon the general populace or the public acts of its officials - and where religious liberty is so indivisible that an act against one church is treated as an act against all.

John F. Kennedy | September 12 1960

Old 08-07-2020, 06:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Good grief! Trump could eat a Big Mac for lunch and he'd be accused of wanting to destroy every Burger King in America. Why can't journalists stop with the endless hit pieces and get back to just reporting the news??
Trump could set out to destroy Burger King and y'all would bend over backwards to try and suggest Burger King is some liberal hoax to attack Trump.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:33 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Doesn't matter how honorable your intentions are, if you show up for a rally thrown by NAMBLA, you don't get to claim that you don't support them, just the cause they're protesting.
You chose who to lie with and if you don't like who you're being associated with, then pick your friends better. .

Charlottesville wasn't thrown by NAMBLA

Or the KKK.

So......is it or is it not your assertion that EVERYONE there supporting the statues was a bad person?

Also, it's been reiterated many times since then that his comments were taken out of context and that he was talking about people on both sides of the issue in general.....not just the people actually in Charlottesville.

And by your logic, everyone at the riots is a rioter........

Not a "peaceful protestor".

Old 08-07-2020, 06:45 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Charlottesville wasn't thrown by NAMBLA

Or the KKK.

So......is it or is it not your assertion that EVERYONE there supporting the statues was a bad person?

Also, it's been reiterated many times since then that his comments were taken out of context and that he was talking about people on both sides of the issue in general.....not just the people actually in Charlottesville.

And by your logic, everyone at the riots is a rioter........

Not a "peaceful protestor".
It was thrown by White supremacists for White supremacists. I know not a single one of you Trumpeters would show up to march with BLM, so that's why I know you believe in some alignment when you show up for something.

The difference is not showing up at an event that had other people doing something you disagree with. The issue is you showing up at an event thrown by people you supposedly disagree with. so if somebody showed up to a riot, I wouldn't believe them if they said they weren't rioters. if someone shows up to a White supremacy rally, I'm not going to believe them when they say they're not White supremacist.

Old 08-07-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Did you read the link?

In the article you reference:
He wrote that he personally opposes abortion, "but I don't think I have the right to impose my view – on something I accept as a matter of faith – on the rest of society."

Biden is also quoted as saying Roe v. Wade is the "law of the land".

This is precisely correct for a politician. I would expect no less from any religious member of our government, whether that person was a Catholic, an Evangelical Protestant, a Muslim or a Jew or a Hindu or a Mormon or a pagan.

John Kennedy, our first US President of the Catholic Christian Faith said this:
“I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute - where no Catholic prelate would tell the President (should he be Catholic) how to act, and no Protestant minister would tell his parishioners for whom to vote - where no church or church school is granted any public funds or political preference - and where no man is denied public office merely because his religion differs from the President who might appoint him or the people who might elect him.

I believe in an America that is officially neither Catholic, Protestant nor Jewish - where no public official either requests or accepts instructions on public policy from the Pope, the National Council of Churches or any other ecclesiastical source - where no religious body seeks to impose its will directly or indirectly upon the general populace or the public acts of its officials - and where religious liberty is so indivisible that an act against one church is treated as an act against all.

John F. Kennedy | September 12 1960
Love the JFK quote.

Old 08-07-2020, 07:32 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

Are you a Catholic?

Old 08-07-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Are you a Catholic?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies