Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 07:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Yes.

Okay. I might read some of your thread then.

Old 08-07-2020, 07:46 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
As a Catholic myself, I wonder how Biden reconciles his stance on abortion and gay marriage with the teachings of the Catholic Church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuAheWXDGeo

Biden-Ryan debate.

Old 08-07-2020, 07:58 PM

407 posts, read 122,995 times
Quote:
That's like trying to explain a moment from fear and loathing in LV

Old 08-08-2020, 07:39 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
How can you say that? ... and who made YOU the judge of who is a real Catholic?
It's not me. It's the Pope.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/26/europ...ntl/index.html

And until Biden comes out and says he's pro-life and anti-abortion and actually works towards that end in his capacity of US Senator, VPOTUS, or potential POTUS, he's not a practicing Catholic, plain and simple.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:15 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
It was thrown by White supremacists for White supremacists. I know not a single one of you Trumpeters would show up to march with BLM, so that's why I know you believe in some alignment when you show up for something.

The difference is not showing up at an event that had other people doing something you disagree with. The issue is you showing up at an event thrown by people you supposedly disagree with. so if somebody showed up to a riot, I wouldn't believe them if they said they weren't rioters. if someone shows up to a White supremacy rally, I'm not going to believe them when they say they're not White supremacist.

Not everyone there in support of the statues was a white supremacist.

You can't even prove that everyone who organized it was a "white supremacist".

And you're still ignoring that Trump was talking about people on both sides of the issue......not just about those who showed up in Charlottesville.

Which makes your response pretty much sour pablum.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:18 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Not everyone there in support of the statues was a white supremacist.

You can't even prove that everyone who organized it was a "white supremacist".

And you're still ignoring that Trump was talking about people on both sides of the issue......not just about those who showed up in Charlottesville.

Which makes your response pretty much sour pablum.
The march was called Unite The Right and was organised by White supremacists. This is indisputable. Jason Spencer. Richard Spencer. Organizers in case you're still trying to pretend something else.

The fact that you're willing to lie about who organized the rally, which was the latest of a series of White supremacists organized marches, shows you can't be trusted to discuss this faithfully.

Too bad the two sides were anti- and pro-White supremacy. Like I said previously, none of those "non-White supremacists" would ever show up for a BLM rally, and that's exactly why they're in the same boat as White supremacists.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:39 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. Biden isn't really Catholic, anyway. He's pro-abortion.
How can you say that? ... and who made YOU the judge of who is a real Catholic?

In support of your argument, do you know what he personally feels? Has he spoken on the subject?

I am pro-Life and I am a Democrat, I really doubt that I am the only one. Show us a link that supports your assertion.
It's not me. It's the Pope.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/26/europ...ntl/index.html

And until Biden comes out and says he's pro-life and anti-abortion and actually works towards that end in his capacity of US Senator, VPOTUS, or potential POTUS, he's not a practicing Catholic, plain and simple.
That's not what the article you reference says at all. Post fail.

~

Abortion is always wrong. I agree. Biden agrees.

It shouldn't be legal. I agree. Biden agrees.

The right to have an abortion is the law of the land. I agree. Biden agrees.

Biden is not responsible in any way for the fact that abortion is legal. He is responsible to the people of the United States to honor and uphold the US Constitution and the laws of the United States. That is the essence of the oath he will take on January 20th.

Old 08-08-2020, 12:14 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
trumpo did NOT attack Catholics

essentially and truthfully what he implied was that Biden and the left are anti-Catholic/anti-religion/anti-bible with their support/ non-criticism of the riots that have been damaging catholic (and non-catholic) churches

St. Patrick's in NYC (a WORLD famous church) was vandalized by BLM/Antifa rioters....biden said nothing, delbasio say nothing against it...… the left, the fascist liberals are anti-catholic

Old 08-08-2020, 02:14 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
This is rich. All of a sudden the left is conserned about Christians...What happened to that pet religion of the left when it was burning Jews alive in cages .or attacking churchs in Syria.
all i heard was.... Crickets

Old 08-08-2020, 02:18 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
As a Catholic myself, I wonder how Biden reconciles his stance on abortion and gay marriage with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
He doesn't. He's told what to say by his handlers and does the best he can to parrot the talking points he's been given.....which is quite a struggle due to his cognitive decline
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies