Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Biden Debate Trump?
Joe Will Show Up 21 36.84%
Joe Will Not Show Up 36 63.16%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 07:19 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times

Advertisements

My prediction is his staff, still cringing and eating the ties, will NOT allow this man to be on stage. Vote!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2020, 08:37 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
They will come up with some sort of extreme, obvious lie to explain away Joe's refusal to come. He cannot and will not debate President Trump.

There will not be any presidential debates this cycle. Joe Biden's mental infirmity will be the reason why, regardless of what lie the Democrat spin-meisters come up with to suggest otherwise.

Old 08-07-2020, 08:39 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
They will come up with some sort of extreme, obvious lie to explain away Joe's refusal to come. He cannot and will not debate President Trump.

There will not be any presidential debates this cycle. Joe Biden's mental infirmity will be the reason why, regardless of what lie the Democrat spin-meisters come up with to suggest otherwise.
As has been pointed out, Biden already agreed to the debates while Trump had not.

The commission's letter from yesterday seemed to indicate Trump has now agreed to the 3 scheduled debates, so I hope that means Trump is going to show up.

Old 08-07-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
As has been pointed out, Biden already agreed to the debates while Trump had not.

The commission's letter from yesterday seemed to indicate Trump has now agreed to the 3 scheduled debates, so I hope that means Trump is going to show up.
Biden's team saying he will debate is not the same thing as Biden showing up to debate.

He literally cannot do it. Say what you like, but I believe that you know this.

Old 08-07-2020, 08:54 AM

606 posts, read 354,851 times
Biden has already participated in a number of debates within the last year.

The last debate in March was a one-on-one with Bernie Sanders. It was the best and most substantive debate of the primary. Joe Biden did well and was able to hold his own against Sanders, who is very sharp despite his age.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:03 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Biden is playing this rope-a-dope strategy perfectly. The Trumplicans are all working themselves into a lather that "Biden is senile" and "Biden has dementia" -- both of which are not true -- and creating this huge straw man that Joe can't debate. Now since the vast majority of Trumplicans didn't watch the Democratic primary debates they don't know that Joe Biden is perfectly capable of making sane, logical and emphatic points in a debate. He carried himself quite well. He didn't win every debate, no, but he did well enough to win the nomination.

So when Biden and Trump do debate, millions will tune in, expecting Biden to mumble incoherently with spittle dribbling on his chin. Biden will vastly outperform and deflate all these false expectations about him. And, worse for Trump, Biden will stand out as the sane, logical and calm adult on the stage.

And Trump will have to defend his record:
  • 162,873 dead in part due to Trump's gross mismanagement of the pandemic
  • Double digit unemployment
  • GDP -32.9% "growth" in 2nd quarter
Biden will win the debate among the silent middle-of-the-road voters who will decide this in the swing states.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:13 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Biden's team saying he will debate is not the same thing as Biden showing up to debate.

I do not.

Biden is still more coherent than Trump in many of his interviews and statements.

And Biden was fine in the one on one debate with Sanders.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:17 AM

606 posts, read 354,851 times
Quote:

I mean, he literally participated in 11 debates within the last year.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:18 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,658 times
Quote:
I do not.

Biden is still more coherent than Trump in many of his interviews and statements.

And a boy can be a girl if he just cuts off his weenie. Same logic applies to your statement.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I do not.

As far as I am aware, Joe Biden has not been fine in a single interview that he has participated in over the last three months, all with very friendly media. Not one. He even had a scripted, pre-recorded piece that he put out where he apparently even struggled with that.

Biden is a place holder for whoever the people are who are running his campaign. He will get a lot of votes, because virtually nobody is going to be voting for Joe Biden. They will be voting for the (D) marked next to his name. The policies do not matter. The principles do not matter. Just the "(D)".

It is really quite sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies