Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2020, 10:15 AM

35,667 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
But they'll still want our taxes won't they?
Taxes will always happen. We need to stop the stupid spending...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
But they'll still want our taxes won't they?
Oh yeah and then some.

In the words of Axl Rose; "You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me"

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
they just need to be slapped down real good like the bad spoiled brats they are.

by the way, amazing that when i look at the protestors, they look to be white. Not black.

Is this true or are my eyes deceiving me? These are white kids.
In the video, that is a black guy screaming at the elderly women. Look at his arms. You can't see much else but he is black.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:21 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Everyone at that scene should be arrested for abusing an elderly person.

These "babies" are never going to get it. They are spoiled brats. They have been given everything their entire life, everything but discipline.

Arrest them, separate them from their friends and phones and let them sit in jail for a few days to think about what they have done.

That woman is someones mother, grandmother, wife and all she was trying to do was reason with these brats.

They all need a spanking.

"This isn't your world anymore" How sad and misguided is that? The older generation built up this country and the brats are going to tear it all down and I'm sure they have no idea why they are so angry at it.
Beautifully Spoken! Best post today and there are plenty of good ones!

Old 08-08-2020, 10:23 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Oh yeah and then some.

In the words of Axl Rose; "You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me"

Old 08-08-2020, 10:25 AM

35,667 posts, read 21,030,020 times
I expect this unrest combined with the COVID, unemployment in a volatile election year, to go even longer. I am not responsible for what going on out in the streets and the rioting, nor do I participate. I am just pointing out what I hear, see and read from other people, and I do not watch TV news. With 90% of my post I include an article, what you do with it, is your business and right I might add.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:25 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
You need to turn off CNN, you are completely wrong in every word you speak, words you copied from someone else.
Can't turn off something that hasn't been turned on first.

If things were as peachy as you claim, then it makes no sense you're here complaining all the time. Are you copying someone else's words?

Old 08-08-2020, 10:26 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Taxes will always happen. We need to stop the stupid spending...
Well on this we can agree for sure.

But the attitude of "shut up old timer and pay up" will get a giant middle finger from me.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:29 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Unlike right wingers, I don't respect arbitrary authority. Free thinkers don't need to submit to your whimsical beliefs and magical thinking. And if you don't like it, tough cookies. Don't let the door hit you in the behind.
You, my friend are not free and it isn't the boomers or the right wingers fault.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:57 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I don't believe the act of throwing paint on a defenseless old lady is justified, I believe the rage gen Z feels toward Boomers and the Greatest generation is justified. Big difference between the specific and the general - try to follow.

Old people collectively pursued a path of self-righteous discrimination, a selfish pursuit of financial gain and monocultural tribalism which has lead us to this point in time, where a real life Gordon Gecko is the president of the United States. Its an effing disgrace - old white men are rolling back environmental protection, fighting to disenfranchise youth and minority voices, and hoarding all the resources. They deserve some hate.

Seriously? Gen Z feels justified RAGE towards their grandparents? The only thing the grand parents are guilty of is spoiling their grandchildren too much.

You think it is okay to attack an entire generation because some old people have done things that you do not approve of? That sounds like a version of racism to me. With that sentiment I suppose if you were robbed by a black guy that you would then consider all black guys to be robbers.

How do you know that old woman that was ridiculed and had paint thrown at her hadn't marched with Martin Luther King? How do you know if she agrees with the message of BLM but disagrees with the delivery? How do you know that she is not an Anti Trumper that is married to a black guy and they adopted Hispanic and Asian kids.

Maybe the elected deserve some of your misguided hate but a random woman on the street does not.

Given the choice between the world that the old folks have left for us and this new world full of anarchy that GenZ is showing us I think most sane people would take what the old folks want to give.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies