Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2020, 11:48 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Here we go again... The very people screaming, shouting and calling other people nazis are behaving just like little nazis...

And these are the kind of people who the left wants in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 11:57 AM

2,869 posts, read 1,148,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Seriously? Gen Z feels justified RAGE towards their grandparents? The only thing the grand parents are guilty of is spoiling their grandchildren too much.

You think it is okay to attack an entire generation because some old people have done things that you do not approve of? That sounds like a version of racism to me. With that sentiment I suppose if you were robbed by a black guy that you would then consider all black guys to be robbers.

How do you know that old woman that was ridiculed and had paint thrown at her hadn't marched with Martin Luther King? How do you know if she agrees with the message of BLM but disagrees with the delivery? How do you know that she is not an Anti Trumper that is married to a black guy and they adopted Hispanic and Asian kids.

Maybe the elected deserve some of your misguided hate but a random woman on the street does not.

Given the choice between the world that the old folks have left for us and this new world full of anarchy that GenZ is showing us I think most sane people would take what the old folks want to give.
LOUD, THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE!
Especially paragraph #1. And this man has the audacity to state that Gen Z feels justified RAGE toward their grandparents? Betcha dollars to doughnuts he's waiting for Granny to keel over so he can cash in. Just outrageous.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:59 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I think they’re mostly middle and upper class 20-somethings who are being supported by their liberal Mom and Dad. A friend of mine has a 26-year-old college graduate daughter who has never had a real job. She never even worked summers between college years. (A couple of afternoons volunteering at the library doesn’t count.j

When I was growing up, the kids of the liberal parents were always the ones getting into legal scraps - running red lights, speeding, being picked up for a joint, starting gambling rings, etc. The kids of strict parents came directly home from their after-school jobs, had dinner, and hit the books.
Well... liberal parents who do not establish boundries and discipline will have crappy kids.

The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Old 08-08-2020, 12:00 PM

291 posts, read 109,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Have you been hiding under a rock or you are only 12? there has been riots and civil unrest since forever!

Following the American Civil War, individual liberties were still being violated on a monumental scale, resulting in race riots in Memphis and New Orleans in 1866. Clashes between white and black Americans led to 12 churches being burnt down, 81 African Americans being killed, and more than 150 people wounded during that time. The most famous labor event during the century was the “Great Railroad Strike of 1877.”

Feb. 15, 2003, between 6 million and 11 million people from 650 cities around the world and in major cities across the U.S. protested the invasion of Iraq, making it the single-largest one-day anti-war protest in history.

https://coffeeordie.com/protests-riots-history/
i meant today its worse

Old 08-08-2020, 12:01 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Blame the victim, because Lord knows, you certainly wouldn’t want to call out despicable, inexcusable behavior by today’s young.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Yup, it's all her fault - in your eyes. Typical Loony Left thinkers.....
Same argument y’all used when the police pushed that elderly man to the ground in Buffalo.

Same argument when that young woman was killed by that guy driving on a closed highway.

Same argument when Michael Brown, George Floyd, Tamir Rice... were killed.

What’s the difference?

Old 08-08-2020, 12:04 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
These rioters think they own the city and can do whatever they want.
They're right.

Apparently the mayor persists in telling the police not to police.

How many of their police have quit as a result so far? How many more will soon?

Old 08-08-2020, 12:05 PM

1,425 posts, read 663,047 times
I would be willing to contribute to "their world" if they would leave ours.
A monthly donation or something.
It wouldn't last long as their skill set seems to be destroying things

Old 08-08-2020, 12:08 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
I would be willing to contribute to "their world" if they would leave ours.
A monthly donation or something.
I wouldn't.

Much better to use that money to build jails for them.

There are lots of ditches that need to be dug in the hot sun. And just as many that need to be filled in.

Old 08-08-2020, 12:12 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Where the heck are the Proud Boys? I want to see some head knocking out there. Have they gone out of business or something?

Old 08-08-2020, 12:14 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I'm glad I grew up in an era and a culture where the experience and wisdom of elders was cherished and respected. I am a better person because of the lessons taught to me by my mother and my grandmother.

Sadly, OldLivesDon'tMatter.

Tiny, I feel so sad for you.

What a sick and twisted culture this is becoming.
Uh-huh.

Such a different tune so many are singing when this happened:

“The 75-year-old man who was shoved to the ground by police at a protest in Buffalo, New York, suffered a brain injury and is facing "a new normal," his lawyer said Thursday.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...brain-n1230421

Then it was all “he should have stayed home,” “he’s too old to be protesting,” blah, blah blah.

And, let’s not forget how much “respect” Joe Biden gets from many of the same people bemoaning the lack of same in this thread.

No one should be disrespected, doesn’t matter what their age.
That woman had every right to be outside as did the man in Buffalo.
As did the twelve year old playing with a toy gun.
If you blame one but not the other, there’s a word for that.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies