Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 02:26 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Like lambs to slaughter. How did Americans become so gullible?
Because they have fallen for the same line over and over again:

“It’s for your safety, and the safety of everyone around you.”

Every. Single. Time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 02:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Because they have fallen for the same line over and over again:

“It’s for your safety, and the safety of everyone around you.”

Every. Single. Time.

"The safety of everyone around you".

Old 08-08-2020, 03:33 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
File this under .. All those people who kept insisting it wouldn't happen. Who said we would never be headed in that direction.

Using a 'patriotic' argument .. not an argument based on health. [What part of the population is being targeted with THAT message?? Not the rioters/looters/SJWs]

Defeat COVID-19 by requiring vaccination for all. It's not un-American, it's patriotic.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3289948001/

How would USA Today like it enforced? Well, by govt and society of course, NOT by health practitioners. And with punishments, too:

How can government and society assure compliance with protective vaccines? Vaccine refusers could lose tax credits or be denied non-essential government benefits. Health insurers could levy higher premiums for those who by refusing immunization place themselves and others at risk, as is the case for smokers.

Private businesses could refuse to employ or serve unvaccinated individuals, schools could refuse to allow unimmunized children to attend classes, public and commercial transit companies — airlines, trains and buses — could exclude refusers. Public and private auditoriums could require evidence of immunization for entry. The only legal limitation on government or private action is that it not be discriminatory, and it’s hard to see how discrimination would occur if vaccinations were free and accessible to all.

And of course eliminate any personal choice or medical freedom because that will "violate the social contract."

How many are still asleep at the wheel? Not seeing the big picture yet?
You had to be vaccinated for school.

Old 08-08-2020, 03:35 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,137 times
It's good for you; it's good for me and it is good for the country.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:06 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What’s funny is that the left still thinks they are the “pro choice” party. They are firmly, “My body my choice” for abortion but forget all about it when it comes to vaccines and get really mad it anyone makes the comparison.

I’m pro-choice for both. Giving up the ability to choose is short sighted.
I am a Democrat but I part company with them on health issues. Pro choice means far more than just choice for abortion. My Body, My Choice, means freedom to choose, or not choose, health care, testing, vaccinations, etc. I was against the ACA. Fortunately, I aged into Medicare at the same time, or I would have chosen to pay the fine instead. Do I have the choice to refuse to have my very own personal doctor, mandatory physicals, preventive testings, COVID vaccination? I would say all of this falls under the umbrella of Pro Choice. Maybe I should be a Libertarian instead?

Old 08-08-2020, 04:07 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
It's good for you; it's good for me and it is good for the country.
I rest my case.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I rest my case.

'Nuff said.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:18 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by three wolves in snow View Post
i rest my case.
:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies