Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 12:38 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Here's some supporting evidence for your point:

Racial Disparity In Marijuana Arrests

African Americans are arrested for violating marijuana possession laws at nearly four times the rates of whites, yet both ethnicities consume marijuana at roughly the same rates.

https://norml.org/marijuana/fact-she...juana-arrests/

So true. Terrible also how the little municipalities around St. Louis County (Missouri) have been victimizingblack residents with punitive fines and incarceration for being late paying a ticket or failing to make bail.

https://news.miami.edu/stories/2020/...ng-racism.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 12:53 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Provide some examples of systemic racism in America and I will take them apart for you. Leftists use the term systemic, not systematic, in order to alleviate the burden of proof of any type of institutionalized racism. The fact that you think statistically valid prejudices even exist is a testament to the illogical thinking of the left. If valid data uncovers a negative trend about a racial group, that's not a prejudice, that a FACT.

You've used a lot of big words, but you said a whole lot of nothing in your post.
Probability is not a fact it is probability. Bias is fed by higher perceived probability for a negative outcome. For example if my boss hires a black guy probability sensor for me doing extra work and fixing up I dontgiveadime or iamtoostupid screw ups lights up. I am systematically biased in that way yet I am open minded and hope for better each time a new black guy shows up (never mind that time has not come yet). Probably because my stakes are just extra work and bs are not a big deal in the great scheme of life, I can afford no prejudice in spite of the past experiences. Yet sometimes stakes are much higher. If somebody' life circumstances are such that he must deal with higher life, career or freedom threatening probabilities related to black folks, I just can't be a judge of that.

Old 08-08-2020, 12:57 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Here's some supporting evidence for your point:

Racial Disparity In Marijuana Arrests

African Americans are arrested for violating marijuana possession laws at nearly four times the rates of whites, yet both ethnicities consume marijuana at roughly the same rates.

https://norml.org/marijuana/fact-she...juana-arrests/
So this "study" is complete BS. It is designed around a conclusion and it leaves out pertinent data. It states black people are four time more likely to be arrested with Marijuana than white people. But Why? They give you no data to go on.

Their stats are their paint and their conclusion is their paint by numbers canvas. They lead you to a conclusion that is not supported by data. It is supported by inference only.

Where are black people arrested with Marijuana the most? Where do they go to buy it? Is it the same place as the white kids? Where do they go to smoke it? Their basement or the mall? Is their behavior different from white kids?

The study leaves that out because it might be determined that black folks are little more willing to take on risk while using. And it may result in them getting caught more. There is no institutionalized racism there. It's bad decision making.

Leftists, seeking to promote an agenda, create articles that can easily be dissembled because, to be honest, they are just not that bright.

Old 08-08-2020, 12:58 PM

1,031 posts, read 639,331 times
Quote:
Provide some examples of systemic racism in America and I will take them apart for you. Leftists use the term systemic, not systematic, in order to alleviate the burden of proof of any type of institutionalized racism. The fact that you think statistically valid prejudices even exist is a testament to the illogical thinking of the left. If valid data uncovers a negative trend about a racial group, that's not a prejudice, that a FACT.

You've used a lot of big words, but you said a whole lot of nothing in your post.
"Provide some examples of systemic racism in America and I will take them apart for you"

*notice nobody can provide any examples

Remember this can't be your emotional interpretation of something

it has to actually be a practice thats written into the books like jim crowe or apartheid

Black people have never been so privileged in all of Humanity's existence yet liberals want to have the race card in their back pocket as an intimidation weapon for people that don't have the courage to stand up for their convictions

Systemic and systematic racism does exist against caucasians in the United States through affirmative action/ preferential hiring quotas /educational grants and all other amenities and advantages bestowed upon black people simply because of their race

People will tire of this clear and easily identifiable racial preference

Here's an example of systemic racism

(Its pro black and anti-asian so it doesn't count!)

https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/harvar...based-on-race/

Old 08-08-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Probability is not a fact it is probability. Bias is fed by higher perceived probability for a negative outcome. For example if my boss hires a black guy probability sensor for me doing extra work and fixing up I dontgiveadime or iamtoostupid screw ups lights up. I am systematically biased in that way yet I am open minded and hope for better each time a new black guy shows up (never mind that time has not come yet). Probably because my stakes are just extra work and bs are not a big deal in the great scheme of life, I can afford no prejudice in spite of the past experiences. Yet sometimes stakes are much higher. If somebody' life circumstances are such that he must deal with higher life, career or freedom threatening probabilities related to black folks, I just can't be a judge of that.
We are not talking about probabilities, we are talking about statistics. The number of people dead from Covid is both a statistic and a fact. The rest of your post is hard to read and doesn't seem to be connected to a train of thought other than that in your head.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:04 PM

1,031 posts, read 639,331 times
Quote:
So this "study" is complete BS. It is designed around a conclusion and it leaves out pertinent data. It states black people are four time more likely to be arrested with Marijuana than white people. But Why? They give you no data to go on.

Their stats are their paint and their conclusion is their paint by numbers canvas. They lead you to a conclusion that is not supported by data. It is supported by inference only.

Where are black people arrested with Marijuana the most? Where do they go to buy it? Is it the same place as the white kids? Where do they go to smoke it? Their basement or the mall? Is their behavior different from white kids?

The study leaves that out because it might be determined that black folks are little more willing to take on risk while using. And it may result in them getting caught more. There is no institutionalized racism there. It's bad decision making.

Leftists, seeking to promote an agenda, create articles that can easily be dissembled because, to be honest, they are just not that bright.
Certainly is shame the norml people are resorting to propaganda in an attempt to get cannabis legalized

unfortunately this will end up backfiring as I vehemently opposed any semblance of the War on Drugs it's a shame to see it continue to bedevil the United States in some kind of failed Sharia law experiment

Old 08-08-2020, 01:04 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
all of em!!!
In other words, you don’t know a thing about the Caribbean.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
"Provide some examples of systemic racism in America and I will take them apart for you"

*notice nobody can provide any examples

Remember this can't be your emotional interpretation of something

it has to actually be a practice thats written into the books like jim crowe or apartheid

Black people have never been so privileged in all of Humanity's existence yet liberals want to have the race card in their back pocket as an intimidation weapon for people that don't have the courage to stand up for their convictions

Systemic and systematic racism does exist against caucasians in the United States through affirmative action/ preferential hiring quotas /educational grants and all other amenities and advantages bestowed upon black people simply because of their race

People will tire of this clear and easily identifiable racial preference

Here's an example of systemic racism

(Its pro black and anti-asian so it doesn't count!)

https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/harvar...based-on-race/
I agree with you 100%.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:07 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
****ing word salad!

Old 08-08-2020, 01:12 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Quote:
We are not talking about probabilities, we are talking about statistics. The number of people dead from Covid is both a statistic and a fact. The rest of your post is hard to read and doesn't seem to be connected to a train of thought other than that in your head.
Statistically speaking black poor people are more likely to contract covid. Does that statistical fact affect probability of you acting differently around poor black people or avoiding them altogether? If it does not affect you in the least and you discount higher probability of a negative covid outcome around poor black people, you are perfectly unbiased. What's so hard to understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies