Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 06:20 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
Trump Uses Kids Sold Into Sex Slavery to Score Political Points
“Using human trafficking for pernicious political purposes is … a Trump administration invention.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/o...afficking.html

This whole meme of trump being somehow interested in fighting sex trafficking is a right-wing invention. Oh wait, trump (who publicly boasted about his access to naked teen pageant contestants and who has demonstrated a clear predilection for sex workers and even married one) did wish his good friend & sex trafficker well.
Why do leftists hate President Trump so much that they are willing to attack significant progress against child traffickers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 07:03 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Why do leftists hate President Trump so much that they are willing to attack significant progress against child traffickers
Maybe because they are the ones doing the trafficking?

Old 08-08-2020, 08:46 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
According to the article he hasn’t made significant progress. He’s actually made it harder, which is why some non profit dedicated to the cause are boycotting him.

Sometimes Trump does do good things but since he’s also known for exaggerating, I never take anything on a White House website seriously unless it’s independently verified.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:04 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Do you all realize Trump is having his administration target human and child trafficking ?

And his administration is having incredible results of busting huge pedophile rings in the US and all over the world.

Many high-powered, extremely wealthy business families, politicians and celebrities are involved in child trafficking, and his administration has made many arrests over the past few years, and many more high profile ones are coming up in the next couple of months.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...united-states/

Human Trafficking arrests have skyrocketed under Trump, and 1/3 are trafficking children:
The Number of Human Traffickers Arrested Since Donald Trump Has Taken Office Has Skyrocketed – Dienekes' Place

Trump gave $35 million to human trafficking victims:
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...rafficking-vi/

This is an incredible effort his administration is under taking, and that easily makes the vote for Trump over Biden of more value.
That's wonderful but what is he doing about this virus. Our country is in a crisis.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:10 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
nope.

fighting child sex trade = good.

repeatedly wishing well a person that just got charged with sex trafficking minors = bad.
Trump was also accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old, just one of at least 20 women who have accused him of rape and sexual assault.

No one is against fighting sex trafficking, but we should really have someone in office who isn't a walking contradiction to the stated goals. You don't hire a serial killer to tackle crime or the proverbial fox to guard the hen house.

Last edited by jbcmh81; 08-08-2020 at 09:18 PM..

Old 08-08-2020, 09:17 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I do wish he was getting more credit for it. This is one of those many things that has me -- a guy who has always disliked Trump the person -- ready to vote for Trump. He keeps doing things that weren't getting done by the swamp rats. Granted, there's a lot of issues he can't fix on his own authority. He can fight tooth and nail to secure our porous border -- the biggest hot spot for human trafficking in the United States -- and the establishment D's and R's show their true colors. For their various selfish reasons, they want nothing to do with securing our borders. That fight continues. Trump got tough on China, a position that neither party wanted to do. He did a better job with the economy than any president I've ever seen because he cuts useless regulation -- the biggest thing strangling our economy. There's a long list of things he's done that I support. Child Trafficking is one of the biggest ones.
Another fake, reluctant Trump supporter who just happens to repeat the laundry list of conservative meme-based beliefs by heart.

If I actually asked what things he's gotten done that weren't, or how he fought China, I doubt you'd be able to give me any actual policies. It's just more platitudes. The kind of stuff my aunts share on Facebook.

Every administration had fought sex trafficking before Trump. It's a bipartisan issue. Giving Trump credit for bare minimum, especially given his own highly questionable history on the matter of child sex and rape, among others, is just more lowering the bar.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:23 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i support the efforts to curb human trafficking ..... it's just a little bizarre that it comes at a time when trump is repeatedly sending well wishes to ghislaine maxwell, as she is being charged with sex trafficking minors.
Exactly, he was involved with that mess, and don't forget his lust for his daughter Ivanka. Another Trump political ploy to steer people away from his evil antics.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Every administration has addressed this issue.....as they should..

Old 08-08-2020, 09:29 PM

23,578 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Trump was also accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old, just one of at least 20 women who have accused him of rape and sexual assault.

No one is against fighting sex trafficking, but we should really have someone in office who isn't a walking contradiction to the stated goals. You don't hire a serial killer to tackle crime or the proverbial fox to guard the hen house.
Accused now means guilty - got it.
Quote:
Another fake, reluctant Trump supporter who just happens to repeat the laundry list of conservative meme-based beliefs by heart.

If I actually asked what things he's gotten done that weren't, or how he fought China, I doubt you'd be able to give me any actual policies. It's just more platitudes. The kind of stuff my aunts share on Facebook.

Every administration had fought sex trafficking before Trump. It's a bipartisan issue. Giving Trump credit for bare minimum, especially given his own highly questionable history on the matter of child sex and rape, among others, is just more lowering the bar.
What did the past administrations do about Epstein or Maxwell? They knew. They had hard evidence. What did they do?

Old 08-08-2020, 09:36 PM

26,573 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
It's a bipartisan issue..

yep.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...-trafficking-0

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archi...focus/traffic/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies