Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2020, 12:21 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,944,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
What am I- chopped liver?
You didn't answer the question responsively.

Again, how many people do you know as of today that are actually sick with Covid19?

Old 08-19-2020, 12:24 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,245,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Ok. How many people do you know as of today that are actually sick with Covid19?
I live near the first few diagnosed cases and in an area that was hit very hard. Many have recovered and new cases are minimal at this time. FYI, people get tested frequently and often. Now people are going back to their doctors and finding out there is long term damage to their bodies. Notably the heart. Many are starting to take medication and scared that they have shortened their life expectancy.
Some friends have decided to retire early to “enjoy the time They have left”. That sounds dramatic even to me but no one doubts that it has profoundly influenced their lives.

Old 08-19-2020, 12:29 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,245,406 times
Quote:
You didn't answer the question responsively.

Again, how many people do you know as of today that are actually sick with Covid19?
One just died last week after a loooong hospitalization so I guess that doesn’t count. Does it count if it is a chronic condition caused by covid?
I know Of people in LA but they are my Adult children’s Circle, not mine.

Old 08-19-2020, 12:32 PM

628 posts, read 208,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You're wrong, on both counts. Sometimes a person with limited understanding needs to understand they're limited and shut up and sit down.

Limiting your exposures to viruses and other diseases weakens your immune system. Wearing a mask or using sanitizer or isolating yourself does this - it reduces your exposure to viruses of all kinds, and over time your immune system decays.

Around 50% of individuals in one study were shown to have prior immunity to SARS-CoV-2. They found this by analyzing blood taken from individuals from 2015-2018. The only reason they would have prior immunity is due to exposure to similar viruses in the coronavirus family.

So wearing a mask may reduce transmission of diseases, it also weakens your immune system if done obsessively. When you get sick, it will be worse.

It makes sense for health care workers who are in a highly contagious environment, people who are vulnerable, and otherwise people who are feeling sick, to wear a mask when in public. For everyone else, no.
The amount of reaching in your post is so ridiculously far reaching that you'd have to combine Inspector Gadget with Stretch Armstrong to reach as far as you're reaching.

You got any actual links to back up the claims you're making?

...because masks do not impair your immune system. You're being absolutely absurd and I can't wait to utterly destroy the "sources" you inevitably don't link.

Old 08-19-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Btw today is another day that I don't know a single person sick with Covid1984.
That clearly means that this is all a hoax.

How many goal posts have you moved today? How many lies have you told today?

Old 08-19-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Today= another day that I don't know anyone sick with Covid19.

And you know the funny thing? I talk to relatives all over the country, even in supposed 'hot spots', and they either say the same thing, or maybe know 1 or 2 people.

And I don't live in a sparsely populated neighborhood. And I have a very large circle of relatives and friends.
Haha. Do you understand what anecdotal evidence is and why it's generally disregarded?

Old 08-19-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
There we go, folks. Eye witness testimony from someone that lives in a big city. Doesn't get much clearer than that.
LOL.

"I've never seen it, therefore it must not be real."

I've never watched a real Italian make pizza. Therefore, no Italian, anywhere, has ever made pizza.

Old 08-19-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Ok. How many people do you know as of today that are actually sick with Covid19?
This is the same question you keep asking people. This is the same question you keep moving the goal posts on when you get an answer that doesn't support your false narrative.

You are intentionally intellectually dishonest and I hope everyone gets to see you doing it.

Old 08-19-2020, 12:37 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,533,084 times
I ate a sandwich today. Glad to know world hunger is now eradicated for good.

Old 08-19-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
I ate a sandwich today. Glad to know world hunger is now eradicated for good.
I don't know anyone personally who ate a sandwich today, therefore no one on earth has eaten a sandwich today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.