Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much longer will you tolerate the mask mandates?
I already stopped wearing a mask 22 14.38%
0-3 months, then I'm done 16 10.46%
3-12 months 15 9.80%
A few more years 11 7.19%
For as long as I'm told, no matter how long 89 58.17%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 10:36 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That would be illegal and unconstitutional!!!
How would that be any different than a speeding ticket, smoking in a public place or fine for driving with an unsecure load?

This should be good.

Old 08-09-2020, 10:37 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I don’t mind wearing a mask so have no issues doing so indefinitely.

I’ve found that there are other benefits to my health - it’s reduced my allergy reactions quite a bit, so it’s all good. I‘ve rarely had to use my rescue inhaler (asthma) this summer.
Your asthma must not be that bad?

My family doctor told me not to wear a mask, as it decreases oxygen too much, an ER doctor told me the same thing and gave me a paper stating it, and he signed it, so I could show it to anyone who asked me about why Im not wearing one.

Old 08-09-2020, 10:38 AM

1,154 posts, read 366,444 times
Although I chose the last option, my mask-wearing is a choice not an act of obedience. I don’t need my governor to issue a mandate to know that using a mask plays an important role in preventing community spread. Even so, I don’t wear a mask all that often because I’ve chosen to reduce my risk even further by rearranging my life to isolate at home, so I don’t need to spend time in public where I could encounter the virus.

Old 08-09-2020, 10:52 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,403,833 times
Late to post and I only read some of the replies, but I didn't vote as there should have been a 6th choice that was not there.

I'll wear it as long as I feel the need to.

Even if it is years.

Old 08-09-2020, 10:54 AM

376 posts, read 102,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
"For as Long As They Tell Me" has now captured 61% of the votes. And this on a board with a very heavy conservative presence. Could this poll have worked out any worse for the opening poster? LOL, what a total failure.
Why do you think it is a failure? Maybe the person seriously wanted to know. I would assume we will all wear masks forever if stores require us to wear masks forever to shop inside. It's not really brain surgery here.

Old 08-09-2020, 11:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Your asthma must not be that bad?

My family doctor told me not to wear a mask, as it decreases oxygen too much, an ER doctor told me the same thing and gave me a paper stating it, and he signed it, so I could show it to anyone who asked me about why Im not wearing one.
My asthma is currently well-controlled. I use my maintenance inhaler exactly as prescribed every day.
My PCP has not advised against wearing a mask.
One of my sons also has asthma, as does one of my grandsons. Their doctors haven’t advised against mask wearing either.

None of us have experienced any oxygen deprivation and I wear a mask hours at a time at work.
If I couldn’t wear a mask I couldn’t work, as it a requirement at both of my jobs.

Old 08-09-2020, 11:12 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,396,474 times
For as long as it is the right thing to do. I am not at all bothered by wearing a mask. I would prefer to get back to a normal life and will be a part of the solution.

Old 08-09-2020, 11:13 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer & Manatee View Post
Why do you think it is a failure? Maybe the person seriously wanted to know. I would assume we will all wear masks forever if stores require us to wear masks forever to shop inside. It's not really brain surgery here.
Funny, but stores don't say a word to me!

I was walking into a grocery store the other night and walking out was a young couple. The kid says that the dude inside is gonna kick you out, he just told me to leave because I didn't have a mask.

I looked at him and kept walking. He giggles and said Alright then, you'll see!

I went in the store, walked past the "dude", got what I wanted, went to a cashier, checked out and then walked past the "dude" again on my way out...nothing was ever said to me, except the cashier asking how my day was and did I find everything.

I go to Costco and Sam's as well....no mask, no problems.

Old 08-09-2020, 11:18 AM

1,108 posts, read 1,383,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post

I was walking into a grocery store the other night and walking out was a young couple. The kid says that the dude inside is gonna kick you out, he just told me to leave because I didn't have a mask.

I went in the store, walked past the "dude", got what I wanted, went to a cashier, checked out and then walked past the "dude" again on my way out...nothing was ever said to me, except the cashier asking how my day was and did I find everything.

Great!! Have you tried urinating inside these stores yet, by the cash registers, in full view of everyone...because, you know, FREEDOM!!!

Only sheep are told how to do basic biological things like being herded to bathrooms to pee and poo. Bad-asses like you don't follow rules, you are not sheep. You pee and poo wherever you want!!

And have you gone to walmart and stripped naked in front of everyone, showing all those silly parents and kids that nudity is just fine? Because how dare society force you to wear those confining, uncomfortable clothes when you go pick up your frozen dinner?? FREEDOM!!!!

YOU ARE NOT SHEEP!!! Let's hear it for freedom!!! 'Murica!!!

Old 08-09-2020, 11:20 AM

6,100 posts, read 2,722,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post

So you think its funny to break the rules of a private business because you think your entitled to break them?

Would you want someone coming in to your house with dirty shoes and you tell them take off your shoes please but they say hey its my right to keep my shoes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies