Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 08:33 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,412,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Too funny, but probably true.

Unfortunate the virus was not addressed early and responsibly instead worrying more about golf than the over 160,000 people that have already died.

She knows he cheats there too.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:34 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
https://trumpgolfcount.com/displayoutings

TRUMP GOLF COUNT: 270

Cost to Taxpayer: About $139,000,000

"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." --Donald J. Trump, August, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=948gPEabWLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0NZ...ature=youtu.be
Because he doesn't know how to do anything else. He sure as hell doesn't know how to lead a country. He probably does less damage on the golf course than he would in the office.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:41 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
he refuses a salary. therefore, he is saving taxpayers money, whatever the salary would have been.

Your opinion is based on a false premise.
what about his personal statement where he said unlike obummer, that he would be too busy to have time to play golf?

Old 08-09-2020, 08:44 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
To me the "golf" issue is much like the his taxes return issue.

He said he was going to be "too busy" to play golf and criticized Obama for playing golf.

And then he turned around and played about twice the amount of golf as Obama.

So he said one thing and did another.

Same with the tax returns. Said he would release his tax returns when this or that happened. And of course this or that happened and he didn't release them.

So he said one thing and did another.

Trump supporters rationalize this stuff a hundred different ways but the fact of the matter is that Trump's word isn't any good. Never has been though. This is just overt proof.
my sentiments exactly.
he has zero integrity and that is reflective of his poor character.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:44 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
he refuses a salary. therefore, he is saving taxpayers money, whatever the salary would have been.

Your opinion is based on a false premise.
Does $140 million spent on golf sound like a saving?

Old 08-09-2020, 08:45 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,631,331 times
Quote:
https://trumpgolfcount.com/displayoutings

TRUMP GOLF COUNT: 270

Cost to Taxpayer: About $139,000,000

"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." --Donald J. Trump, August, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=948gPEabWLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0NZ...ature=youtu.be
That’s fake news. Trump said he’ll be so busy he won’t have time to golf.

Fake media reporting made this up.

- Trump supporter

Old 08-09-2020, 08:46 AM

9,907 posts, read 9,578,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
what about his personal statement where he said unlike obummer, that he would be too busy to have time to play golf?

I don't know. Could it be that Obama played a lot more golf hours than Trump? I don't know, but maybe that's it. (i don't do a forensic research on the total amount of golfing hours of various presidents.

but one thing, I understand that Trump works long hours, into the night, getting up way early. that in itself can add up. Could that be it?

Everyone deserves time off. it is how you recharge your batteries, as no one can work 24/7.

the labor laws provide a certain amount of lunch time and hours that an employee must work and so could that be it?

could it be Trump was using a metaphor or a language expression to mean not literally, but like he would be working a ton of hours, like you say "wow i worked so hard, i'm dead tired" you don't take that literally, but you exaggerate to make a point.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:47 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hilarious!

Libs are concerned with golf now, but not during the Obama admin when Obama played golf every other day!
You realize Trump has played golf 269 times thus far, whereas Obama played golf 113 times during his first term? Hell, Obama only golfed 306 times during his entire 8 years in the White House, Trump could beat that number in his first term.

Smack your head a couple more times and it might start to sink in....

Old 08-09-2020, 08:49 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You realize Trump has played golf 269 times thus far, whereas Obama played golf 113 times during his first term? Hell, Obama only golfed 306 times during his entire 8 years in the White House, Trump could beat that number in his first term.

Smack your head a couple more times and it might start to sink in....

Glad you're counting. Wish I had as much leisure time as you seem to.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:51 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
I don't know. Could it be that Obama played a lot more golf hours than Trump? I don't know, but maybe that's it. (i don't do a forensic research on the total amount of golfing hours of various presidents.

but one thing, I understand that Trump works long hours, into the night, getting up way early. that in itself can add up. Could that be it?

Everyone deserves time off. it is how you recharge your batteries, as no one can work 24/7.

the labor laws provide a certain amount of lunch time and hours that an employee must work and so could that be it?

could it be Trump was using a metaphor or a language expression to mean not literally, but like he would be working a ton of hours, like you say "wow i worked so hard, i'm dead tired" you don't take that literally, but you exaggerate to make a point.

You factoring all of Trump's unscheduled "executive time" into your calculus? Seems like he doesn't really start his work day until about 11am...

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-p...02c334255.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.