Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 10:36 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Because this is their voting base.
I don't agree that this is their base, but i do think THEY think it reflects the thinking of their base. I know a lot of Democrats and most don't pay much attention to what is going on and if they are just think those actually rioting are troublemakers or peaceful protestors who are being manipulated by right wingers. None of the Dems i know will ever vote Trump no matter what these people do but I do see them just not going to vote at all in disgust of it all. Which in effect will benefit Trump and the Republicans. Politicians have lost touch with mainstream folks and just pay attention to the mobs, either the ones in the street or the ones on Social Media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2020, 11:38 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Maybe for the same reason many gun-wielding white guys aren’t arrested during protests of any kind...

Wielding VS Pointing/brandishing

Big difference.

Many states have open carry laws, but that's completely legal.

Pointing them at people is a whole different story.

Old 08-10-2020, 11:41 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You know who else remains silent about this? Us. And I'm starting to think those in charge are testing us to see how far they can go.

The patience we have exhibited has been impressive. Only hope that the punks start smarting from the beatdowns and wise up before too many get permanently beat down.

Old 08-10-2020, 11:44 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,282,661 times
...it's like this long long Trump commercial

Last edited by Corrie22; 08-10-2020 at 12:00 PM..

Old 08-10-2020, 11:44 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Maybe for the same reason many gun-wielding white guys aren’t arrested during protests of any kind...
You might want to review your comment and think over what you said.

Legally open carrying, displaying, is not a crime in the states those protests occurred, however, it is a crime in every state to point a weapon at someone in the manner this thread is about.

I know you know there is a difference, but a racist like yourself purposely ignores in an effort to drive your racial propaganda.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:44 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Because this is their voting base.
Actually, it speaks to how little Democrats think of blacks. They do not even factor in that normal, lawful black people would be appalled by the violent lawless behavior of BLM; they just automatically see blacks as criminals and thus calculate that if they condemn black criminals, they will lose black votes.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:52 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
What are democrats so afraid of? They refuse to denounce violent behavior and that is unacceptable.
Remember when Obama would never utter the words 'radical Islam"? This is just the same thing. These people are US born terrorists.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:54 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
The patience we have exhibited has been impressive. Only hope that the punks start smarting from the beatdowns and wise up before too many get permanently beat down.
I don't know if it's patience or stupidity but I do hope we see more of these people encountered by bigger, badder crowds moving forward. Since those in power can't control the sniveling little snots, let them deal with an enraged public.

Old 08-10-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...it's like this long long Trump commercial

Old 08-10-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't know if it's patience or stupidity but I do hope we see more of these people encountered by bigger, badder crowds moving forward. Since those in power can't control the sniveling little snots, let them deal with an enraged public.

Oh, you mean actual justice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies