Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2020, 09:13 PM

17,402 posts, read 14,637,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Perhaps you'd like to do some research on your own. Read studies of different education systems. I mentioned it would have be done in cooperation with the federal government, and immediately you come back to say it would have to be done by Chicago.

Get the best minds together and figure out how to improve it. Why does everything have to be mission impossible. Its like people want to give up before they even start.
No ... I said this is a Chicago thread so tell me how it would be done in Chicago.

And, no. I don't want to do research on my own. You seem to have all the answers and know everything about Chicago based on your constant input in this thread. Tell me how this works exactly.

Tell me how having CPS cooperate w/ the federal government and "focus on bringing up kids aka eduation reform" would work exactly.

Give me some concrete ideas. Oh, and since you don't have to throw money at it, let me know how you can do it in Chicago for less than 8 billion a year.

And while we're at it, answer the two questions I asked you earlier in this thread that you never answered:

1. When did you move from Chicago to Florida?

2. What would be good areas in Chicago to raise kids today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2020, 09:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
No ... I said this is a Chicago thread so tell me how it would be done in Chicago.

And, no. I don't want to do research on my own.
Whatever makes you happy. No one will force you to read anything.

How, you ask: Get the best minds together and figure out how to improve it. Why does everything have to be mission impossible. Its like people want to give up before they even start.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Whatever makes you happy. No one will force you to read anything.
Gotcha. You have no idea how to do it.

Another poster full of bluster and then poof! ... nothing.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Gotcha. You have no idea how to do it.

Another poster full of bluster and then poof! ... nothing.
Lets try this for the 3rd time: Get the best minds together and figure out how to improve it. Why does everything have to be mission impossible. Its like people want to give up before they even start.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Lets try this for the 3rd time: Get the best minds together and figure out how to improve it. Why does everything have to be mission impossible. Its like people want to give up before they even start.
So you have no ideas.

Got it.

Oh wait, it has something-something to do with pairing with the federal government and yada-yada "bringing up kids education reform".

If it's not mission impossible, you figure it out. It should be so easy - dont' give up before you start.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:41 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Since this thread is about Chicago, tell me how Chicago can do it.

They spend almost 8 billion to (sorta) educate 360,000 kids a year.

Tell me about this better education system where they can spend less and have a better result.
Here's how Chicago can do it. Swap out their 360,000 kids with an equivalent number of kids from Tokyo, or Seoul, or Shanghai. Overnight, the city's educational attainment will skyrocket. It'll be even better next year, when the kids learn English. Boom, problem solved.

Sadly, though, someone will probably find some silly reason why this won't work. So I guess we're stuck with what we've got. As for what else we could do, breaking the power of the entrenched teacher's unions would surely help. But the biggest problem is that way too many of the kids don't want to learn, and are often disruptive. If the school administrations were given real power to discipline their trouble makers -- and if they'd actually use that power, instead of cowering before the false idols of "systemic racism" and "disparate impact" and "school to prison pipeline" and all that, maybe they could weed out enough of the trouble makers that the rest of the kids might actually get a chance to be given an education.

And to tie this back into the topic of this thread . . . don't think that the kids don't see what is happening. They're learning to hate the police, and hate white people, and disobey the rules. And they're seeing that people not much older than themselves are doing these things, and getting away with it, and coming back to their neighborhoods with fancy new sneakers that they "liberated" from the Magnificent Mile. If we want to break the cycle of generational criminal behavior, it would help if the group now coming up would see that the laws will be enforced, and that breaking them does not pay. But sadly, they're learning the exact opposite.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:50 PM

Here ... this should be fun ...

BLM protest shutting down the Dan Ryan this weekend.

And oh look ... BLM is going to shut down the Mag Mile at the end of the month. Maybe they got the dates messed up?

https://www.protestchicago.com/autho...stchicagoteam/

Old 08-10-2020, 09:56 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Here's how Chicago can do it. Swap out their 360,000 kids with an equivalent number of kids from Tokyo, or Seoul, or Shanghai. Overnight, the city's educational attainment will skyrocket. It'll be even better next year, when the kids learn English. Boom, problem solved.

Sadly, though, someone will probably find some silly reason why this won't work. So I guess we're stuck with what we've got. As for what else we could do, breaking the power of the entrenched teacher's unions would surely help. But the biggest problem is that way too many of the kids don't want to learn, and are often disruptive. If the school administrations were given real power to discipline their trouble makers -- and if they'd actually use that power, instead of cowering before the false idols of "systemic racism" and "disparate impact" and "school to prison pipeline" and all that, maybe they could weed out enough of the trouble makers that the rest of the kids might actually get a chance to be given an education.

And to tie this back into the topic of this thread . . . don't think that the kids don't see what is happening. They're learning to hate the police, and hate white people, and disobey the rules. And they're seeing that people not much older than themselves are doing these things, and getting away with it, and coming back to their neighborhoods with fancy new sneakers that they "liberated" from the Magnificent Mile. If we want to break the cycle of generational criminal behavior, it would help if the group now coming up would see that the laws will be enforced, and that breaking them does not pay. But sadly, they're learning the exact opposite.

or import them from the slums of India: true poverty and won't speak a word of English AND they will also have more "melanin" than the Blacks in Chicago. Those slum dog Indians will still bring drastic improvements in the Chicago School system.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:56 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAman View Post
I can't believe that BLM openly support chaos, looting and unrest
Why not? They've made no secret of their deconstructionist ideology. The rioters/looters are their foot soldiers.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:57 PM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
It's clear to see Black Looters Matter !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies