Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 12:26 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times

Advertisements

I would like a strong consistent message on all levels of govt. to do what we can to mitigate the sperad.

Common sense.

If we are putting up field hospitals, I suspect it isn't time to have football games, movies, etc. That kind of nonsensical policy is what is making the USA look like a Third World country combatting this virus.

I don't live in fear. I do live a thoughtful life.

I don't fear of a car accident every time I get in a car, but I do put on my seat belt just in case.

So -- right now -- I'm avoiding bars, restaurants and wearing a mask to make sure IF I have the virus I don't spread it to the people I get within six feet of.

Even if we didn't have a mandate to wear a mask, if our President and his admin. took mask wearing more seriously we might have slowed the spread a month ago, especially in Republican strongholds where not wearing a mask became some kind of symbol of Trump, MAGA and the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 12:26 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,747,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose88 View Post
I know some people who are terrified and they want everything locked down until COVID goes away!!!!! others are waiting for a vaccine

I wish everything gets back to normal soon. This isolation doesn't do any good. It is much worse than COVID. It is not even sustainable. People won't take it for a long period of time.
The majority of the folks I know and who live around me are 60s and older. Not one of them is terrified. Are they taking precautions? Yes. Are they wearing masks, socially distancing and avoiding crowds? Yes. Terrified? No.

Old 08-11-2020, 12:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
I know some people who are terrified and they want everything locked down until COVID goes away!!!!! others are waiting for a vaccine

I wish everything gets back to normal soon. This isolation doesn't do any good. It is much worse than COVID. It is not even sustainable. People won't take it for a long period of time.
I know of absolutely nobody that are terrified and want everything locked down.

Who is isolated -- nobody.

Nobody is isolated anymore.

Every state is mostly opened.

Old 08-11-2020, 12:37 PM

1,154 posts, read 364,526 times
Quote:

I understand your desire for a return to normalcy, but there are quite a few people who are financially and emotionally prepared to isolate until there is an effective vaccine, even if it takes several more years. They’ll be known as survivors.

Old 08-11-2020, 01:00 PM

4,528 posts, read 3,733,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
I understand your desire for a return to normalcy, but there are quite a few people who are financially and emotionally prepared to isolate until there is an effective vaccine, even if it takes several more years. They’ll be known as survivors.
Or the living dead

Old 08-11-2020, 01:05 PM

1,154 posts, read 364,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
Or the living dead
How so?

Old 08-11-2020, 01:09 PM

9,895 posts, read 9,538,790 times
the only thing that scares me about covid - is not covid itself but the Nazi rules that the people in charge are making.

the 2nd thing is - the exceeding amount of time that we will have to endure being inconvenienced and our lives ruined.

i am merely inconvenienced since im working remotely from work.

however, the ones who are having the worst time - parents with school aged kids who they cant leave them so the parents might not be able to work, now they have no money to pay for expenses and that will be bad.

the businesses that have put their whole lives, financials, savings, blood sweat and tears (and their employees) who now have to lose their dream and all their input, for some stupid politicans rules who want power.

as for me, when im out and about, i am scared to leave far from home because you used to be able to go to any store, any restaurant, sit down and enjoy yourself. now, you cant use all the bathrooms, you go out to eat and you have to use the bathroom, if you are far from home, you will be sorely inconvenienced.. you might not be able to use a restaurant if you cant use the bathroom.

im serious about that.. my biggest fear happened. i had to get off the roadway in a bad neighborhood and try to find a damn bathroom .. it was bad.. it sounds funny but if you ever find yourself in this situation, its scary.

Old 08-11-2020, 01:21 PM

2,400 posts, read 751,387 times
Sorry, we are all kind of new to this worldwide pandemic thing.

Old 08-11-2020, 02:04 PM

8,090 posts, read 3,417,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
the only thing that scares me about covid - is not covid itself but the Nazi rules that the people in charge are making.

the 2nd thing is - the exceeding amount of time that we will have to endure being inconvenienced and our lives ruined.

i am merely inconvenienced since im working remotely from work.

however, the ones who are having the worst time - parents with school aged kids who they cant leave them so the parents might not be able to work, now they have no money to pay for expenses and that will be bad.

the businesses that have put their whole lives, financials, savings, blood sweat and tears (and their employees) who now have to lose their dream and all their input, for some stupid politicans rules who want power.

as for me, when im out and about, i am scared to leave far from home because you used to be able to go to any store, any restaurant, sit down and enjoy yourself. now, you cant use all the bathrooms, you go out to eat and you have to use the bathroom, if you are far from home, you will be sorely inconvenienced.. you might not be able to use a restaurant if you cant use the bathroom.

im serious about that.. my biggest fear happened. i had to get off the roadway in a bad neighborhood and try to find a damn bathroom .. it was bad.. it sounds funny but if you ever find yourself in this situation, its scary.

Back in March when this first started I had no idea about what the hospitals had started doing. I have several doctors at the hospital, and I have always used the restrooms with little to no problem. I went in to go to an appointment and tried to use the restroom as I always had. The nurses had a stand blocking the restroom access and was doing checks on people. I noted that the ones they screened prior to me passed, but the nurses did not change their gloves. So, if they were asymptomatic then the nurses can be spreading the virus around with their gloves.

They weren't allowing anyone to use the restrooms whether they passed screening or not. I had to use it really bad. I left to try and find a restroom that wasn't blocked, but I had an accident in front of everyone anyway. I couldn't get away in time. Those nurses that society calls "heroes" intentionally caused me to be humiliated publicly. I just went to my appointment with wet clothes and went home as fast as I could. Yes, in today's society heroes are the ones who deliberately humiliate patients.

When I finally went to the e.r. for my jaw abscess couple months ago they were still blocking the access to the restroom. One of the e.r. nurses had to argue with them to let me use the restroom. It was kind of funny the way it happened. I passed their screening, while wondering what kind of germs was on their gloves they don't change, and started towards the restroom. They went off and wouldn't let me use the restroom. The e.r. nurse came out to see what the commotion was and they were all like "do you have a restroom she can use?" The e.r. nurse looked at them like they were stupid and pointed right at the restrooms I had been using for years without any problem and said "the restroom is right there." I went straight in while they argued about whether or not I should be able to use the restroom.

Had the dentists not been closed because of the shutdowns, I would've had my teeth fixed months ago and not got an abscessed jaw. Now, one of my teeth are going to be extracted because the problem got too bad to repair. So, thanks to the shutdowns, I will be losing a tooth. The other teeth might be removed too later. Medicaid only pays for one tooth to be removed/fixed per month, so I have to wait another month after this one is taken out to have the others looked at further. But of course, my being in extreme pain for months is just an "inconvenience" to society. I still haven't been allowed pain medication. At least the e.r. let me have antibiotics for the abscess.

Old 08-11-2020, 02:18 PM

22,350 posts, read 11,881,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Do you have an answer? Or do you want to live the way we are now... FOREVER?
OP---Did you answer the questions you posed? If so, I must have missed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies