Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you Rate Trumps response to covid19 so far.
A. He has done a great job at containing the Virus 46 19.17%
B. He is doing a good job but could be better 53 22.08%
C. He is doing a below average job 10 4.17%
D. He is doing a poor job 17 7.08%
F. He is a complete failure at containing the Virus horrible job. 114 47.50%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 09:45 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times

Advertisements

I also think he could have done better, but seriously, how do you think anyone else would have done that much better? I'd like to hear those thoughts. We were not prepared for this as a nation, and unless you expected Trump himself to make masks, manufacture ventilators, and all the other strictly medical elements of a response, blaming Trump for how bad it is is simply dishonest in my opinion. At least he halted travel from China, something Biden would not have done since he publicly declared that he (Biden) thought it was a mistake. Let's remember King Cuomo...omg he was so on top of everything and now is the subject of great criticism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2020, 09:45 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
He has done the worst job of any country in the world on COVID-19.

Much of his agenda the first three years was decent to very good, but the COVID-19 response was the worst in the world. Before April, I don't think any one could have dreamed of such a terrible response.

I don't think many could have even dreamed of a worst reponse to this pandemic.

I think the Democratic party has turned into a bizzare joke that resides in a fantasy world also.

The statistics that are published showcase failures of the response day in and day out.

Then again only a handful of states have done an excellent job. The majority of states of both parties have done a terrible job in handing this.

So what exactly was Trump supposed to have done?

As it stands right now, Belgium has done a far worse job than any other country.

The fact that you don't know that shows that you really don't know what you're talking about.

Old 08-12-2020, 09:51 AM

33,553 posts, read 18,147,060 times
It is the people who have control of this virus. Either you keep safe or you take the everyday risks of infection. Many got infected for taking the risk and passing it around to many others.

It has nothing to do with Trump. He has given control to the local towns and mayors .. and if they listen they listen, if they don't they don't.. get to the root of the problem. It is the common people who spread it around.

Old 08-12-2020, 09:53 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
Failure.. and this is based on his owns barometer when Obama was president during SARS or Swine Flu.

He said it would never happen on his watch... well, it did and guess who’s still golfing?

Old 08-12-2020, 09:53 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,941 times
The problem is that no matter what Trump did, he would have received resistance and pushback from the governors. Remember at the beginning, he said it was up to him when to close things. People and governors went ballistic and said they had the authority over their own states, rightfully so. If Trump had tried to mandate masks or lockdowns early on, he would have had the same response.

That being said, at some point he seemed to throw up his hands and walk away. He gets a below average to failing grade for that. They also let that fool Fauci go on too long. He should have been booted the minute he admitted he lied about masks being unnecessary.

There’s plenty of blame to go around, from the Trump, Fauci, the governors, leaders (Pelosi, De Blasio) that said go out and party and anti-maskers.

Old 08-12-2020, 09:54 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So what exactly was Trump supposed to have done?

As it stands right now, Belgium has done a far worse job than any other country.

The fact that you don't know that shows that you really don't know what you're talking about.
The same thing he expected Obama to do when he was in office during a pandemic.

It’s real easy to be a Monday morning QB but Trump has been a failure ever since he entered the game.

Old 08-12-2020, 09:56 AM

6,097 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The same thing he expected Obama to do when he was in office during a pandemic.

It’s real easy to be a Monday morning QB but Trump has been a failure ever since he entered the game.
You gotta remember MAGAs don't hold Trump to the same standard they'd hold a Democrat.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:11 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,419,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I also think he could have done better, but seriously, how do you think anyone else would have done that much better? I'd like to hear those thoughts. We were not prepared for this as a nation, and unless you expected Trump himself to make masks, manufacture ventilators, and all the other strictly medical elements of a response, blaming Trump for how bad it is is simply dishonest in my opinion. At least he halted travel from China, something Biden would not have done since he publicly declared that he (Biden) thought it was a mistake. Let's remember King Cuomo...omg he was so on top of everything and now is the subject of great criticism.
He didnt actually ban all flights from China. From what I understand it was just direct flights. So many others came in via other countries. And I think it was just Chinese nationals, not students, Americans visiting.
Also didnt he claim he "wasnt responsible" in the beginning.? I think there is video on it.

I say he get below average grade.

Old 08-12-2020, 11:42 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
This post shows that you fundamentally misunderstand why there was a need to "flatten the curve" and what it would do.

Of course states and countries that failed to do so are towards the end of the curve....that's what happens when you have a steep curve, you have a rush of cases causing a lot of people to die, then it quickly falls off. When you succeed in flattening the curve, you have a very slow increase in cases with relatively few deaths and it lasts a LOT longer. New York "got it under control" by never having it under control and allowing a steep curve to play out....and that's why they have had 1689 deaths per million while superior states like California, Texas, and Florida have death rates that are less than a quarter of that. New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Connecticut are the biggest embarrassments in the country due to how poorly they handled things, but as a result of their poor handling of things, they are near the end of the curve....and somehow you are trying to praise them for their failure while trying to bash the states that did a good job protecting their people. It's just weird.

I didn't think I'd have to spell that out to anyone, but here we are I guess.
Too bad facts don't back that up.

Look at the curve for the United States. It began to flatten. Then it grew at a rate greater than what we saw previously.

It isn't like the virus just decides at some point "Ok, I'm done. Some of you started taking measures to mitigate the spread. I guess I'll just go and become less contagious." States have arbitrary borders. But we are one country. So why is it that the curve began to flatten and then take-off again... unless the response by the country was handled poorly?

And if only there was someone that could have organized a coherent, consistent, response at the national level...

Come to speak of it, we did have a national response. Good thing though, our confederate monuments were protected. Thanks, Trump. Added bonus: No confederate monuments contracted coronavirus. Win win. Glad we have our priorities straight.

Old 08-12-2020, 12:14 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,828 times
lol @ 18% of the people that think he's doing a great job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies