Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 10:47 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Ok, you need to armor plate your house, since I will be exercising my 2nd Amendment rights, but don't want to sully my pristine yard with a backstop.

Your tinfoil needs changing. Getting rid of Trump sounds like a positive move.

You don't get to endanger the lives of others because of some unfounded fear of a nonexistent conspiracy.

That sounds like a threat of violence. Why am I not surprised?

Old 08-11-2020, 10:48 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Throughout the storied history of our great nation, millions of people have fought for the right to be free - the right for Blacks to vote, the rights of women to vote, the long struggle for civil rights across the board.

How did these movements start? With a single person saying "Brother, this ain't right."

And now, I'm going to pick up the torch for the right I cherish most of all - to walk around in public with a free face - i.e. no mask.

I was going to wait until September to begin my activism, but why wait? This universal "gotta wear a mask" is proving to be too much for me. Too many sleepless nights to wait any longer.

So, today, August 11th, 2020, I officially begin the fight for a Free Face America. Today, I breathe free. My smile is available for the world to see. And I bleed red for a free America - the country I was born in, and the country I fully intend to die in.

#FreeFaceAmerica
And starts of the movement in internet anonymous forum!!!

Old 08-11-2020, 10:48 AM

1,066 posts, read 764,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I miss seeing people smile and I miss smiling back but I'm going to keep wearing my mask when needed.
^^^ I agree with this.

Smile with your eyes.

My biggest struggle is hearing the muffled voices, trying to understand what people are saying sometimes.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:53 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Throughout the storied history of our great nation, millions of people have fought for the right to be free - the right for Blacks to vote, the rights of women to vote, the long struggle for civil rights across the board.
You must have gone to public schools.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:53 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Your tinfoil needs changing. Getting rid of Trump sounds like a positive move.

You don't get to endanger the lives of others because of some unfounded fear of a nonexistent conspiracy.
You don't get to force Government to mandate destructive things that take away my livelihood and food form my family's table especially over a Flu like virus. This isn't Anthrax nor the Plague. Get over it.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:56 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You don't get to force Government to mandate destructive things that take away my livelihood and food form my family's table especially over a Flu like virus. This isn't Anthrax nor the Plague. Get over it.

Old 08-11-2020, 11:21 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,525,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Actually we do. That’s why businesses have closed, and states are mandating wearing a mask. Because the health of Americans does take precedence over your “livelihood”.

Old 08-11-2020, 11:24 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Actually we do. That’s why businesses have closed, and states are mandating wearing a mask. Because the health of Americans does take precedence over your “livelihood”.
If the threat and risk were greater, yes. But it's not. We accept all kinds of risks and deaths without harming people's ability to support themselves. Why are you so quick to give up your rights?

Old 08-11-2020, 11:28 AM

35,667 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:

How did these movements start? With a single person saying "Brother, this ain't right."

And now, I'm going to pick up the torch for the right I cherish most of all - to walk around in public with a free face - i.e. no mask.

I was going to wait until September to begin my activism, but why wait? This universal "gotta wear a mask" is proving to be too much for me. Too many sleepless nights to wait any longer.

So, today, August 11th, 2020, I officially begin the fight for a Free Face America. Today, I breathe free. My smile is available for the world to see. And I bleed red for a free America - the country I was born in, and the country I fully intend to die in.

#FreeFaceAmerica
I bleed red
That is a problem,,, if you are a Covid carrier-- Do you have daily guarantees?

Old 08-11-2020, 11:31 AM

2,888 posts, read 989,003 times
It's really obvious the ones who have never had any kind of real inconvenience or strife to deal with. They think wearing a piece of cloth on their face is akin to "tyranny."

I grew up knowing that you deal with whatever comes your way... and you do what you have to do to get through it. No one ever promised anyone that life would be easy or fun. We're in a global pandemic. Stop being stubborn and do what's necessary. Act like you're part of a community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies