Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are voting for in 2020?
Trump 121 42.16%
Kamala Harris 166 57.84%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 08:58 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
City-data is a skewed sample to the right at least on this sub-forum.
Why do you think city-data is skewed to the right?

Are conservative/republican people care about their city or where they live more than liberal/democrat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 10:53 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
City-data is a skewed sample to the right at least on this sub-forum.

And, your point is???

Old 08-16-2020, 11:01 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Lots of Trumpees calling Harris a wh*re while devotedly voting for a wh*remonger.

That says so much about the current GOP.
Sl*t
/slət/
noun
DEROGATORY
a woman who has many casual sexual partners.

Wh*re[ hawr, hohr or, often, ho*r ]
noun
a person who engages in promiscuous sex for money; prostitute.

Based on definitions and her history, wh*re seems to be the better fit.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:07 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
I'm a Democrat but will be sitting out this election due to Biden's shenanigans. ie. selecting a vp he knows dam well most Dems do not want anywhere near the white house.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:17 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I'm a Democrat but will be sitting out this election due to Biden's shenanigans. ie. selecting a vp he knows dam well most Dems do not want anywhere near the white house.
I’m independent and considered the same thing. This is 2016 all over again. I don’t like either one. However, I complain too much not to vote.

I’ll have to take a look at all the candidates, but for me it doesn’t matter. I live in California and a snowball in hell has a greater chance of winning California than Trump.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:19 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I’m independent and considered the same thing. This is 2016 all over again. I don’t like either one. However, I complain too much not to vote.

I’ll have to take a look at all the candidates, but for me it doesn’t matter. I live in California and a snowball in hell has a greater chance of winning California than Trump.
Well, a non-vote can be a form of protest. 1 less vote on the dole.

Old 08-17-2020, 12:31 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Nope just common sense vote Trump 2020
No not really. Well unless you want a leader that doesn't think the virus is as serious as it is and thinks a questionable drug is the answer. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Why do you think city-data is skewed to the right?

Are conservative/republican people care about their city or where they live more than liberal/democrat?
I think it is the age demographics of city-data more than anything. Most posters tend to be older and professionals. Now i am not saying that all of city-data is but certain sub-forums in particular are. We are in one. Work is another that can be but it is a thin guise and economicsis another bit I think that one is the nature of the game .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
And, your point is???
Skewed sample.

Old 08-17-2020, 01:24 AM

101 posts, read 127,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
I will not vote the party that is pro-abortion, anti-religious freedoms, anti-border control, anti-police, anti-military, anti-Israel, and anti-free speech for conservatism. So figure out which party is left.
Anti-abortion.....but it's ok if Trump personally doesn't give a rats ass about abortion and has probably been more than willing in the past if needed....but im sure abortion has always been on Trump's moral compass, it goes against his religion and trust me, he can recite many tremendous verses from the bible

Anti-religious freedom.....agreed...unless your Muslim of course

Anti-Border control......well, we can't even go to other countries now so, and we are now at a point where people don't even want to come here legally so.... nothing to worry about there

Anti-military.....yes Trump has a deep respect for veterans....unless you were captured....he doesn't like those who were captured

Anti-Israel...... but make sure your pro-North Korea and stay envious of countries who have a lifetime president and dictator

Anti-free speech.......unless your slandering the president, or kneeling during the anthem then it's not ok.

And look, I don't have a problem with conservatism and I get it...... If you want to tell me how great a president Ronald Reagan was, or how great Larry Hogan would be as president, or even Mike Pence, or hell even tell me Nikki Haley would be a great conservative president..... i'll listen to that all day every day.

But I do not buy for one second that one of the biggest con-men around is all of those things you describe including a true conservative . Donald only cares about money, power, and his brand, and the only family values he gives a **** about are his own family and positioning them for spots in the family business and administration.

Old 08-17-2020, 01:34 AM

101 posts, read 127,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

Don't you love how the electoral college renders your individual vote useless in a state that is solid blue like California or NY, or red like most of the southeastern states like MS, and Alabama? But the swing states your vote means 10 times more in the national election

Old 08-17-2020, 01:44 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I live in the Bay Area where Kamala is ... no way do I want that crazy b***h having any more power than she already does. Plus you know Pelosi will be pulling the strings if Dems win. She's also from here, and also too crazy for me to get behind. She's good at fundraising, but even the Dems are sick of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies