Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 06:12 AM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So she didn't commit the vandalism but because she organized the protests she is held responsible for the vandalims.

SO by that theory/thought --- all those white supremacist groups who organized the protests in Charlottesville should have been charged and held responsible for all the vandalism, deaths, etc. there...right?
Absolutely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2020, 06:18 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
So she didn't commit the vandalism but because she organized the protests she is held responsible for the vandalims.

SO by that theory/thought --- all those white supremacist groups who organized the protests in Charlottesville should have been charged and held responsible for all the vandalism, deaths, etc. there...right?
Ding ding ding!

It never fails to surprise me how stupid and short sighted Republicans who post on here are. This is such a gross violation of her rights and a smack in the face to anyone who cares about our fundamental rights. Anyone cheering this on is about as stupid as you get.

You want to know how stupid? Using this as precedent, any protest can get quashed by police damaging property (which we've seen them do repeatedly in Seattle) and then holding anyone they want responsible for it. Who's going to protest anything when that obvious door to trumped up charges is wide open? Morons.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:20 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
They do need to hold these organizers responsible for the actions of their participants. We hold leaders responsible all the time for the actions of others. She was who led the people on that road, after all.
Quote:

If they were specially given parameters, such as “don’t go beyond such and such intersection” and they led their minions there anyway? Absolutely.

If they were told stay X number of feet away from this group and they breeched it anyway? Absolutely.

If they encouraged their followers to loot? Absolutely.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:26 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:

Sort of like I didn't shoot the bank guard, but because I planned and led the robbery I am held responsible. All depends how much perp pushed for vandalism. Racist Leaders like to have peons to take the fall for them.

You organize a riot you own the results.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 08-12-2020 at 06:37 AM..

Old 08-12-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
They do need to hold these organizers responsible for the actions of their participants. We hold leaders responsible all the time for the actions of others. She was who led the people on that road, after all.

If they were specially given parameters, such as “don’t go beyond such and such intersection” and they led their minions there anyway? Absolutely.

If they were told stay X number of feet away from this group and they breeches it anyway? Absolutely. If they encouraged their followers to loot? Absolutely.
We literally do not. It's an affront to practically every legal standing to try that. And if you're not familiar with the illegality of it, then common sense should tell you that it's a ridiculous standard to try to even implement.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:28 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Ding ding ding!

It never fails to surprise me how stupid and short sighted Republicans who post on here are. This is such a gross violation of her rights and a smack in the face to anyone who cares about our fundamental rights. Anyone cheering this on is about as stupid as you get.

You want to know how stupid? Using this as precedent, any protest can get quashed by police damaging property (which we've seen them do repeatedly in Seattle) and then holding anyone they want responsible for it. Who's going to protest anything when that obvious door to trumped up charges is wide open? Morons.
Sorry, your glee is late to the party. This has been happening on both sides of the political fence.

Do you care IF it happens ... or do you care only that it happens to 'the other guy' because MY TEAM RULES!!!!!!???

Old 08-12-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Sort of like I didn't shoot the bank guard, but because I planned and led the robbery I am held responsible. All depends how much she perp pushed for vandalism. Racist Leaders like to have peons to take the fall for them.
Planning a bank robbery is a conspiracy to commit a crime and is therefore... ... ... ILLEGAL John Adams.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:32 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This article is basically a puff piece that ignores what these 'protesters' actually did. The San Luis Obispo Police department's Facebook page has more details on the actions of these 'protesters.'

Maybe 15 years is harsh, but as an organizer of that march, someone has got to face the music. After all she assured the police prior to that it was going to be peaceful, yet it appears she did nothing to actually ensure that it would be a peaceful march. Going into the middle of a highway and disrupting the pubic and creating a dangerous situation, is hardly 'peaceful.'

And her GoFundMe is nearing $44 thousand of an initial $10 thousand goal.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tian...172400379.html
Yeah well. Find another hobby besides causing mayhem in the streets.

Go help the food bank instead with your free time.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:32 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Sort of like I didn't shoot the bank guard, but because I planned and led the robbery I am held responsible. All depends how much she perp pushed for vandalism. Racist Leaders like to have peons to take the fall for them.
This is a great explanation. The BLM area leader in Chicago, who is encouraging looting because it’s her idea of how to get reparations, needs to be looked into and held responsible, especially if it happens after her very public rant.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:33 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:

Right, and if anyone smokes dope at a Phish concert they should put the band in jail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies