Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it okay for white people to say "capping?"
No: I am woke and white people should be excluded from slang that black people have used 4 4.76%
No: But white people should also get a list of words that is protected that other races can't use 2 2.38%
Yes: This is just Leftist Intolerance and Racism run amok 77 91.67%
Unsure 1 1.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 09:00 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I know we are not allowed to say the N word.

but with what we see on tv, do you think some of the rioters have deserved and earned that word? I don't mean black people necessarily, but white people too. Anyone who is so low like perhaps those who shot the babies, and the ones who knocked the old lady down and hit her head on the fire hydrant, and those who looted a man's store when he was there pleading for them to not rob him and they said no. and some other ones, including some politicians who are evil. I think evil people like Epstein would deserve that.. or some other really nasty evil people.
No.

The N word disparaged an entire group. It is not okay to use to describe any individual or the group with that word.

You can use words like "deranged murderer" to describe the kid killer. No need to use a racial term.

Capping on the other hand just means to lie. It shows the racism and intolerance of the left for people to demand she apologize for using it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2020, 09:02 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
I've never heard the term, but there's no reason anyone shouldn't be allowed to say it.
I thought capping was like putting a hit on someone, mob slang.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
A celebrity was criticized for using the word "capping," which has been slang for decades for lying.
Has been used for decades for lying......?

No one uses is.

You are whining over a word that no one uses. As a matter of fact I thought it meant to shoot a gun: 'I'll bust a cap in your ass'. Heard it in the movies.......

Old 08-14-2020, 09:16 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
I was unaware of it too. Capping is an investment term as far as I’m concerned.
Or bottling. Nurses have capping ceremonies when they complete their degrees. The word has multiple definitions.

Old 08-14-2020, 10:11 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Has been used for decades for lying......?

No one uses is.

You are whining over a word that no one uses. As a matter of fact I thought it meant to shoot a gun: 'I'll bust a cap in your ass'. Heard it in the movies.......
Genius, if no one uses the term why did I find 5 different links defining the term capping as lying?

If no one uses the term why did woke-racist-leftists attack her for - wait for it - actually using the term and tell her it is a black person word so only blacks can say it?

Super Genius, words can have multiple meanings.

You are fine with the woke-mob making people apologize for using inoffensive words based on their race?

Last edited by michiganmoon; 08-14-2020 at 10:24 AM..

Old 08-14-2020, 11:10 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Babbling at it’s finest.

Yes, you do that a lot.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:30 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
A celebrity was criticized for using the word "capping," which has been slang for decades for lying.

Why?

Because she is white. Apparently it is woke to be a Verbal SEGREGATIONIST by limiting what slang people can say due to the color of their skin.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...?ocid=msedgntp

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Capping

The urban dictionary does not show it has any racial undertones...it is just apparently cultural appropriation for a white person to use the term.

She has apologized and deleted the tweet.

I can understand why white people shouldn't use the N word and I don't use it, but white people can't say "capping" which isn't derogatory towards any group. It is merely slang for lying.

If this is the route that leftists are going, are there words that only white people can say? Or is that racist?

This whole woke PC mess is nothing but bull crap

Old 08-15-2020, 03:42 AM

8,238 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I know we are not allowed to say the N word.

but with what we see on tv, do you think some of the rioters have deserved and earned that word? I don't mean black people necessarily, but white people too. Anyone who is so low like perhaps those who shot the babies, and the ones who knocked the old lady down and hit her head on the fire hydrant, and those who looted a man's store when he was there pleading for them to not rob him and they said no. and some other ones, including some politicians who are evil. I think evil people like Epstein would deserve that.. or some other really nasty evil people.
Black people use the word a lot.

My rapist is definitely one. He deserves no respect from me.

Old 08-15-2020, 07:34 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
How about answer #5. "I don't care and I am white and I will say what I want to say!"

Old 08-15-2020, 09:05 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Capping? Seriously? Well, in my world that means I'm dead ending a pipe either for future use or for termination of current use. Capping off.

So, now we're going to put up a language as well as a skin color line twixt ourselves? Only the languages involved are off limits for use by opposing camps?

At least certain words anyway because...why? There are so frigging many dialects of English in the US it boggles the mind and they all have their own slang.

Minus some well known universal terms that are specific as to skin color and coined to be purposefully demeaning ( this list includes ALL races of people) theres absolutely ZERO cause to limit what words we use.

Sheesh not every word in Websters is specific to what skin tone we have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies