Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 07:01 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,228,591 times

Advertisements

Is Trump going to return the Chinese campaign donations he has received?

Political Donors Linked to China Won Access to Trump, GOP
Hundreds of thousands of dollars in political donations opened doors in Washington for Chinese nationals with high-level ties

What has he really done with China except tax Americans with a tariff? And end the TPP which was designed to fight China?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2020, 07:02 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
In case you didn't know the Obama/biden Admin apprehended deported more illegals then GWB or any other president for that matter.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obam...ry?id=41715661
No, they didn't. They only deported those with convicted criminal records. They had a hands off approach to any other illegals. Obama also gave a stay of deportation to millions via DACA and DAPA. The courts shot the latter down.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:04 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times
Dear Voter:

Vote your conscience.

Vote as if your LIFE depends on it.

Vote for what you KNOW is the best course of action for the USA during these most challenging times.

Vote for the wellness of the Country we all live in; the Country that's given us ALL so much to be thankful for.

Take inventory of the life you've lived herein, from whichever point in History you chose.

Measure that next to all You hold dear in your HEART.

Regardless of what side of the fence you're on, I urge you to VOTE.

Place partisan politics aside. Do what is BEST for the sum of All.

Reach out to those whom are normally disinterested in VOTING. Supplicate them if you must.

But most of all, by whichever means, please cast your VOTE!

Every single vote matters!

Be ye safe and healthy. Wishing this upon all readers of this post, regardless of political affiliation.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:05 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Sub-teen-oriented garbage from Yahoo and the Huffington Post; need we say more?

Old 08-12-2020, 07:12 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
How cute. Using hatred, racism, xenophobia to scare his base--what's changed--nada. Folks, the divisiveness is just going to get worse. A cornered dog growls and gnashes its teeth. So, nothing to see here. Move along...

Old 08-12-2020, 07:14 PM

23,460 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, they didn't. They only deported those with convicted criminal records. They had a hands off approach to any other illegals. Obama also gave a stay of deportation to millions via DACA and DAPA. The courts shot the latter down.
Yep.

Obama turned away many at the border and then lied by calling that "deportation". And even worse, he made it so illegals, and their families, were lightly vetted or not vetted at all.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:17 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Such a weird thing for someone like to Trump to say when he is in the back pocket of Putin and Russia. He even has no problem with them paying out bounties for the killing of US military members. Accepts their help and interference in US elections. Wants to end the G-7 punishment of Russia for invading the Ukraine and annexing Crimea. Trump loves Putin and Russia BIGLY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Where did you get your "facts"? .......total BS
Aw, c'mon, man!

Hoaxes like that are all the liberal fanatics have... or ever have had.

If they couldn't lie about Trump... especially belting out their frantic, long-debunked hoaxes and conspiracy theories... they'd have nothing to say at all.

Gee, that would be terrible, wouldn't it?

Old 08-12-2020, 07:21 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times
I'm voting for Trump.

I don't think I can learn to speak Chinese, but I do know how to speak Russian!!

Really....China and Iran back Biden. The Russia and Ukraine support Trump.

There you go.......pick which country will MOST affect you and your children in the most negative way....and vote accordingly.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:26 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ready or not, English is now the global language of business. More and more multinational companies are mandating English as the common corporate language—Airbus, Daimler-Chrysler, Fast Retailing, Nokia, Renault, Samsung, SAP, Technicolor, and Microsoft in Beijing, to name a few—in an attempt to facilitate communication and performance across geographically diverse functions and business endeavors.

https://hbr.org/2012/05/global-business-speaks-english

Why should English speaking Americans learn Spanish? Most Spanish speakers in our country legally or are citizens of our country are bi-lingual English speakers. Our de facto national language is English. It's up to foreign language speakers to learn English here not the other way around.

I will note that your article is from 2012. Perhaps things have changed?

I did not deny that English is being used around the business world. But I think the future is different.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:35 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
I'm voting for Trump.

I don't think I can learn to speak Chinese, but I do know how to speak Russian!!

Really....China and Iran back Biden. The Russia and Ukraine support Trump.

There you go.......pick which country will MOST affect you and your children in the most negative way....and vote accordingly.
China also backs Trump...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies