Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 08:37 AM

12,839 posts, read 9,562,557 times

Advertisements

Wonder if the far left realizes they are delivering November to Trump. Have they figured it out yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 08:52 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Wonder if the far left realizes they are delivering November to Trump. Have they figured it out yet?

Hopefully you are correct.

I have very liberal friends. I am brave enough to tell them that I wont be voting for Biden. But I've made excuses rather than admitting I'm marking that box for Trump this year with more enthusiasm than anyone I've ever voted for since Al Gore (yeah, I know, I was young and stupid back then).

Last time my marker hovered hesitantly over the president selection. Last second I marked for Hillary.

Not even hesitating this time. Democrats must burn the way they have burned down the country and thrown it into a racially charged dystopia.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:54 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Looks like virtue signaling is taking a much over due hit !!!

Old 08-13-2020, 09:02 AM

1,926 posts, read 557,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

I don't think it's a plot to get votes. They aren't even campaigning to win votes right now. They know Trump will destroy Biden on any one on one debate. Harris is there in order to keep liberal black folk engaged so they don't sit home like they did in 2016. Biden didn't even want her on the ticket - he wanted Whitmer.
Even after telling the country months ago he would choose a black woman for VP? Another example of can’t depend on anything Biden says.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:07 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1538 View Post
A lot of you guys need to lay off consuming stuff about BLM. There will be no mass defunding of the police. If there is some budget cuts, it'll be more related to the revenue troubles related to covid19 that's around the corner. Some municipalities may present it that way to win brownie points, but that'll be the real reason. I also see someplace using it to their advantage to curtail the leverage and strangle hold that some of the police and fire unions, have over their governments.

What I've seen over the years, is that every government employee and union outside of police and fire unions, have been considered undeserving leeches. If you question the police and fire union, that's 'very bad' and you hate them.

Don't worry though, after the elections BLM will disappear like they did after the 2016 elections.
The point is that the racist hate group is calling to defund the police, and the Dems are honoring them by painting streets and murals with their rallying slogan. Are you saying that Dems are just PRETENDING to support these violent racists because they think doing so will get them votes? That’s not saying much about what they think about their voters.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:09 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Can you imagine if your boss hung a banner over your office door saying "We don't want you, loser"? That's what the city has done to all police officers with their "Defund the Police" mural, as well as to all conservative white people with their "Black Lives Matter" slogan. I have no say in what the Washington city government does, but I can certainly keep myself and my money out of their city.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:11 PM

17,405 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
They are on the same team.

They are not for black lives... race is just a cover to hide their attacks on America and Trump.

I am pretty sure you understand this already and are just engaging in psycho warfare.

Not necessarily.

BLM and antifa don't discriminate (yes, I realize that's ironic) - they will go after whoever doesn't give them exactly what they want. They don't compromise - it's all or nothing.

And that's what they'll end up doing w/ Biden/Kamala. It's pretty much inevitable ... you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube this time.

Case in point: Lori Lightfoot in Chgo. She had bent over backwards for those protesting idiots. Peaceful people and families at the beach got taken to task, ripped in the media and physically fenced out. Protestors were commended and marching in crowds all over the city was AOK with her. She was bullied into removing the Columbus statue (actually 2 of them) after having the CPD defend the statue and be physically attacked by the mob for doing so.

Even after that, BLM was STILL protesting at her home because she wasn't defunding the police.

Dem power players have lost control of the people on the ground this time around.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:51 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Democrats are the gift that keeps on giving.
Like herpes or AIDS.

Old 04-06-2022, 12:42 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
“Defund the police” is not a slogan that is polling well for Biden. | DC Mayor Muriel Bowser today ordered construction crews to pave over the “defund the police” portion of Black Lives Matter Plaza, on 16th Street near the White House. |
https://twitter.com/Doranimated/stat...74446695264256
I think it's more accurate to say it's not polling well for Democrats. I don't believe Biden was for defunding the police.

What does it say when you need a poll to figure out that people want the safety provided by the police department?

DC mayor orders 'DEFUND THE POLICE' mural removed

The mural itself was commissioned by the city government, and originally just read “black lives matter” in big yellow letters. The next day, however, activists added “defund the police” next to it.

Ironically, the same workers who performed the work were ordered by the mayor to refresh the paint on both the original and added slogans. It seems the mayor didn’t have a problem with it the first time around.
you'll love this.

D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser on Tuesday said she “never supported defunding the police” and talked up her plan to hire up the city’s police force to 4,000 officers — with 30% made up of women cops by 2030.

Old 04-06-2022, 01:11 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
As long as she is not held accountable for what she says and does, she can do about whatever she wants.

Most people can't remember past a week or two about these types of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies