Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 10:22 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

“Defund the police” is not a slogan that is polling well for Biden. | DC Mayor Muriel Bowser today ordered construction crews to pave over the “defund the police” portion of Black Lives Matter Plaza, on 16th Street near the White House. |
https://twitter.com/Doranimated/stat...74446695264256
I think it's more accurate to say it's not polling well for Democrats. I don't believe Biden was for defunding the police.

What does it say when you need a poll to figure out that people want the safety provided by the police department?

DC mayor orders 'DEFUND THE POLICE' mural removed

The mural itself was commissioned by the city government, and originally just read “black lives matter” in big yellow letters. The next day, however, activists added “defund the police” next to it.

Ironically, the same workers who performed the work were ordered by the mayor to refresh the paint on both the original and added slogans. It seems the mayor didn’t have a problem with it the first time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2020, 10:26 PM

17,410 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Except the cat is out of the bag - the Defund the Police movement can't be controlled now.

Next couple of months should be pretty interesting ... I can't wait til the BLM starts protesting Kamala.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:30 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Except the cat is out of the bag - the Defund the Police movement can't be controlled now.
Democrats are the gift that keeps on giving.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:56 AM

672 posts, read 699,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

Next couple of months should be pretty interesting ... I can't wait til the BLM starts protesting Kamala.
A lot of you guys need to lay off consuming stuff about BLM. There will be no mass defunding of the police. If there is some budget cuts, it'll be more related to the revenue troubles related to covid19 that's around the corner. Some municipalities may present it that way to win brownie points, but that'll be the real reason. I also see someplace using it to their advantage to curtail the leverage and strangle hold that some of the police and fire unions, have over their governments.

What I've seen over the years, is that every government employee and union outside of police and fire unions, have been considered undeserving leeches. If you question the police and fire union, that's 'very bad' and you hate them.

Don't worry though, after the elections BLM will disappear like they did after the 2016 elections.

Old 08-13-2020, 01:03 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1538 View Post
A lot of you guys need to lay off consuming stuff about BLM. There will be no mass defunding of the police. If there is some budget cuts, it'll be more related to the revenue troubles related to covid19 that's around the corner. Some municipalities may present it that way to win brownie points, but that'll be the real reason. I also see someplace using it to their advantage to curtail the leverage and strangle hold that some of the police and fire unions, have over their governments.

What I've seen over the years, is that every government employee and union outside of police and fire unions, have been considered undeserving leeches. If you question the police and fire union, that's 'very bad' and you hate them.

Don't worry though, after the elections BLM will disappear like they did after the 2016 elections.

Gitmo? That would be nice this time of year!

Old 08-13-2020, 07:38 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
BLM will come after biden who wrote the crimes bill and kamala who locked up black men and black women in the bay area especially those for truancy.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:48 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
The far Left will fight Trump until he is out of the office and then they will turn on Biden/Kamala. The far Left will not be satiated until the country is toppled and a new form of government is installed. Nothing short of a revolution will appease them. Democrats in total control of the government, the three branches of the Fed, states, cities and towns will not be enough for these far Leftists.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:05 AM

17,410 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1538 View Post

I dunno.

I think BLM and the antifa morons who hide amongst them are going to lose their ever lovin' minds when Trump is re-elected.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:13 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Defund the Police was/is a stupid idea because the people that will suffer the most are the people that need the Police the most.

It is all a political ploy to get votes. It just goes to show how low the Pandercrats are willing to stoop to appease particular groups, groups that consume the propaganda nonsense like they are starving. They are the same that consider looting to be a form of reparation payments...

The Democrats are playing a dangerous political game. They have allowed the riots to go on so they can somehow blame Trump for them but do they really think if Biden wins that the idiots will be happy and just go home?

Old 08-13-2020, 08:35 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
BLM will come after biden who wrote the crimes bill and kamala who locked up black men and black women in the bay area especially those for truancy.
They are on the same team.

They are not for black lives... race is just a cover to hide their attacks on America and Trump.

I am pretty sure you understand this already and are just engaging in psycho warfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Defund the Police was/is a stupid idea because the people that will suffer the most are the people that need the Police the most.

It is all a political ploy to get votes. It just goes to show how low the Pandercrats are willing to stoop to appease particular groups, groups that consume the propaganda nonsense like they are starving. They are the same that consider looting to be a form of reparation payments...

The Democrats are playing a dangerous political game. They have allowed the riots to go on so they can somehow blame Trump for them but do they really think if Biden wins that the idiots will be happy and just go home?
I don't think it's a plot to get votes. They aren't even campaigning to win votes right now. They know Trump will destroy Biden on any one on one debate. Harris is there in order to keep liberal black folk engaged so they don't sit home like they did in 2016. Biden didn't even want her on the ticket - he wanted Whitmer.

Their goals seem to be...
1- Get as much mail-in voting (without sufficient identification) involved in the election as possible.
2- Intimidate/suppress as many Trump voters as possible.

We still have three months left. They have not yet emptied their bag of schemes and attacks. Sleeper cells are around the country.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 08-13-2020 at 08:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies